EA Forums - Banner

NHL 17 Patch/Tuner Notes - DISCUSSION THREAD (Jan. 19, 2017)

Replies

• NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    NHLDev wrote: »
    I downloaded both patch and the tuner and the game is exactly the same and no new jerseys :/

You will need to ensure you download and activate the new rosters as well for the jerseys to work since the jersey art comes in the patch but is assigned to teams in the database.

Edit: It doesn't appear the new online roster is up yet. Just checking into when that will be live.

Roster is scheduled to go live in a few hours.

• No fight options after 2 games in franchise mode season 2. A noticeable improvement to the goalies activity, a lot more scrums around the crease now. When there was a review on a possible kicked in goal the second replay went to my goalies netcam, which probably isnt intentional.
  • il82
    38 posts Member
    I downloaded both patch and the tuner and the game is exactly the same and no new jerseys :/

You will need to ensure you download and activate the new rosters as well for the jerseys to work since the jersey art comes in the patch but is assigned to teams in the database.

Edit: It doesn't appear the new online roster is up yet. Just checking into when that will be live.

Roster is scheduled to go live in a few hours.

Hey. Why you have not fixed the "mirror" CCM Eflex 3 blocker, although in the description of the new patch, the problem seems to be solved?
  • NHLDev
    il82 wrote: »

Hey. Why you have not fixed the "mirror" CCM Eflex 3 blocker, although in the description of the new patch, the problem seems to be solved?

I replied to the PM you also sent me but for others benefit, I also noticed that this morning and reached out to the Presentation team to see if the change was incorrectly labelled in the patch notes or if there is another reason it didn't update in the patch. No word yet but will update if I hear something new.

• il82
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2017

I replied to the PM you also sent me but for others benefit, I also noticed that this morning and reached out to the Presentation team to see if the change was incorrectly labelled in the patch notes or if there is another reason it didn't update in the patch. No word yet but will update if I hear something new.

Thanks for the answer. We hope that you will correct this problem. And why could not add new equipment from Vaughn's(Ventus SLR, Pro V Elite)? By the way, Brian's equipment is also wrong to customize.
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited January 2017

It's been an issue since it was implemented months ago.
    Why even bother tinkering with presentation if there are some issues so blatantly incorrect?

Actually embarrassing lol, don't think I've seen another game have that problem (albeit minor, still important for goalies)

You're not going to release a new patch solely for the goalie equipment, no one is stupid. I highly, highly doubt it's fixed at all until 18. Can't even adjust players appearances or equipment right (why does Laine still have long hair?)

• Also NOT cool on screwing everyone that has custom rosters. I've had my own since launch, so I can't get new uniforms since I have to update active roster?

Why not just include that in the patch?
  • Also NOT cool on screwing everyone that has custom rosters. I've had my own since launch, so I can't get new uniforms since I have to update active roster?

This.

• NHLDev
    Also NOT cool on screwing everyone that has custom rosters. I've had my own since launch, so I can't get new uniforms since I have to update active roster?

This.

It is the way the current tech is setup that the assignments happen in the database which is shared with the roster. The feedback was given last year as well and I know the team responsible has looked into what it would take to separate out the assignments of jerseys, etc. from the rosters but it isn't a trivial change most likely due to how things were setup before live content updates were as common.

I will definitely pass on the request again.
  • Raowyn11 wrote: »
    No fight options after 2 games in franchise mode season 2. A noticeable improvement to the goalies activity, a lot more scrums around the crease now. When there was a review on a possible kicked in goal the second replay went to my goalies netcam, which probably isnt intentional.

Were you already into season 2 when you applied the patch? My guess is the fix prevents the issue from happening when the game transitions from season 1 to season 2, so the patch probably needs installed before going to season 2. Just a guess....
  • Also the colour and segment glitch on certain left handed blockers is still there (since NHL15) and Bauer and Warrior goalie stick being wrong for left handed shooting goalies.
  • Hockeytown1926
    76 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Thanks for the answer. We hope that you will correct this problem. And why could not add new equipment from Vaughn's(Ventus SLR, Pro V Elite)? By the way, Brian's equipment is also wrong to customize.

This! FIFA gets equipment updates every so often (Boots,kits etc etc).
  • Pydoc908 wrote: »
    So there was nothing to do with what I feel is a big problem in EASHL, automatic pass reception animations. Most often occurring when some one gives you a stretch pass. You lose full control of your player as it auto moves you towards where it thinks the puck is going.

This happens in every mode and causes so so many offsides. Very frustrating.
  • Nice to see that they still didn't fix the little auto stop at the blueline LOL... whether you're getting a pass or have the puck you stop at the blue line for no apparent reason
  • One thing I wish we could do (for us customising people) is be able too do different goalie pad set up for different jerseys (Like Crawford does etc)
  • Was the glitch fixed that allowed teams to DISC and avoid a lose fixed?
  • another gripe, losing a SO as a goalie because other team raged quit with 10 seconds to play. If goalies get badges based off of SO's then give them the credit for one if teams DISC on them.
  • Pydoc908 wrote: »
    So we get a dev response about goalie equipment but nothing about the loss of control of your player when receiving a long pass in locked modes (EASHL). It happens 1-2 times per game at least where no matter what direction you push your player will skate to where the game thinks you should be to get the pass.

weeeeell.... that is a problem, yes.
  • Nice to see the AI goalie not giving up soft rebounds...puck goes to the corner more and he gathers it a lot quicker and smothers it as well. Nice tweak.