EA Forums - Banner

where is the patch

1235Next

Replies

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Well there is your patch. I play this game solely for EASHL 6v6 and I have opened the game maybe 2 or 3 times since Thanksgiving so maybe I am missing something but I would like to know why they took down the shot and pass accuracy on the grinder. Was this absolutely needed compared to all the other things that needed to be fixed. I swear every patch that has been released this year has just made the game worse.

The online physics in this game needs tuning or needs to be scrapped completely. Whether that's a new engine completely (frostbite) or tweaking the physics. One of the worst parts about this game is its inconsistency and the broken plays off of how bad the physics react online, which In my honest opinion is one of the main reasons you see more and more of the random shot from anywhere strategy than people actually setting up plays. I just hope that the dev team has spent this year wisely and focused mainly on Gameplay, mostly online in the form of netcode or improved physics or whatever. The state of this game online is: NHL 17 has become the beginning of the end for the eashl community. I have said this before, if it wasn't for organized leagues eashl would be a ghost town.

1st bolded part - well, that's all people we have been playing are using... grinders and PFs so yeah, there is a reason for people overwhelmingly using that build.

2nd bolded part - well, that's what happens when you strip a beloved game mode down and cater to a small group of e-athletes demanding parity to a point of vanilla ice cream.

The funny thing is that taking away attribute customization and putting in these cookie-cutter builds hasn't done anything but make the EASHL game mode boring. As for bringing in more parity, bad players are still horrible, and good players are still killing it... all without attribute boosts.

The only thing that this has done is made organized leagues (like LG) a bit more manageable. But outside of that, playing EASHL in anything but a good club is pointless.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how others don't see EXACTLY what you just said.

Agree 100%
    Well there is your patch. I play this game solely for EASHL 6v6 and I have opened the game maybe 2 or 3 times since Thanksgiving so maybe I am missing something but I would like to know why they took down the shot and pass accuracy on the grinder. Was this absolutely needed compared to all the other things that needed to be fixed. I swear every patch that has been released this year has just made the game worse.

The online physics in this game needs tuning or needs to be scrapped completely. Whether that's a new engine completely (frostbite) or tweaking the physics. One of the worst parts about this game is its inconsistency and the broken plays off of how bad the physics react online, which In my honest opinion is one of the main reasons you see more and more of the random shot from anywhere strategy than people actually setting up plays. I just hope that the dev team has spent this year wisely and focused mainly on Gameplay, mostly online in the form of netcode or improved physics or whatever. The state of this game online is: NHL 17 has become the beginning of the end for the eashl community. I have said this before, if it wasn't for organized leagues eashl would be a ghost town.

1st bolded part - well, that's all people we have been playing are using... grinders and PFs so yeah, there is a reason for people overwhelmingly using that build.

2nd bolded part - well, that's what happens when you strip a beloved game mode down and cater to a small group of e-athletes demanding parity to a point of vanilla ice cream.

The funny thing is that taking away attribute customization and putting in these cookie-cutter builds hasn't done anything but make the EASHL game mode boring. As for bringing in more parity, bad players are still horrible, and good players are still killing it... all without attribute boosts.

The only thing that this has done is made organized leagues (like LG) a bit more manageable. But outside of that, playing EASHL in anything but a good club is pointless.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how others don't see EXACTLY what you just said.

That's exactly how some of us see it. It's boring as hell since all the builds play more/less the same except for the size of the player.
  • You could also throw in the fact that in a 6v6 game most of the other builds are seldom used anyway and we really only have a couple of effective builds to choose from. All of these new builds and the smaller height builds in general are close to useless in a competitive game where everyone knows what they are doing making our experience even more limited. Why not instead of taking down the attributes/abilities of said patched builds make the other builds better?

Some members here have even suggested some realistic and legit options like messing with the tuner more often and more drastically with advanced notice to see where we could tune this game to a more enjoyable experience online but I see even that was dismissed.

I was holding out to see what the last patch would bring before I maybe got back into the game again but its underwhelming as expected and has some added disappointment in messing with my favored build the grinder. I probably wont be playing this game until nhl 18 as is to be honest, huge disappointment across the board for me this year.
  • In most LG games I've played so far, players tend to gravitate towards the builds that gives them the best of all worlds to fit their style of play. So a player that likes to get in the thick of it and battle for pucks in the corners or in front of the net will pick Grinder for the most part. And those that like to dish the puck but still be able to hold on to the puck if bumped will pick the Jumbo Playmaker. Same on defense: you'll either see Defensive Defenseman or Two-Way being picked most of the time, because they offer the better balance of all the other builds in their offensive and defensive capabilities.

The new patch tries to differentiate some of the classes even further so that people have a reason to pick one over the other. There needs to be pros and cons to selecting these builds, and sadly, some of the builds where just too similar before the patch. The Grinder build was the jack-of-all-trades build, it was better than Power Forward because it did the same things, but it had better strength to help you keep the puck when you get bumped and better checking when you wanted to knock the other player off the puck.

Of course, this wouldn't even need to happen if they allowed us to customize our own attributes. :/

This has always been the case. Before it was to unlock equipment, now it is just to win and have fun. Doesn't deter from the fact EASHL club games have always been useless without good teams. Well, unless you like losing and tearing your teammate's ears off after each loss...