EA Forums - Banner

Where is everyone!?

Jaaash11
12 posts Member
edited January 2017
Just started a club with my buddies and struck out all day trying to find a team to play...is this a common occurrence for you guys? Am I missing something here? Pretty disappointing that all these clubs exist and we can't find one to play. (Yes my parameters are any, any and 1+)

Replies

• There probably playing an nba2k game
  • Doesn't help that EASHL is trash this year, the player base has shrunk ever since they turfed progressive attributes...which sucks, because I thought the balanced system would actually be good for the game, but it went the other way
  • Use
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Doesn't help that EASHL is trash this year, the player base has shrunk ever since they turfed progressive attributes...which ****, because I thought the balanced system would actually be good for the game, but it went the other way

Use to be able to find a club game in 1 second now it can take up to 10 minutes. Class builds give us nothing to play for. So what do you end up with? People not caring and stop playing and nothing but trolls in Drop in games. My club use to play 10 games or more a night but the last 2 years lucky if we even play more then 3 games a night. By this time of year we used to have 500 games played this year only 230 . I checked my club overall last night we were 2123 after winning 7 games tonight we jumped all the way to 1100. Goes to show no one cares to play much. In the past 7 wins in a night we might have jumped 80 spots if anything. . We need Progressive Builds back ASAP.

we used to play 10 games or so as well, ever since they nerfed the progressive builds nobody plays EASHL except drop ins anymore. Nothing to play for, no fun anymore. No drive to take your player and make him better so you can compete with top players to go along with your skill.

• IF NHL 18 brought in three things, I think you'd get a major resurgence in interest in the game:

1.) Upgrade the NHL servers.

2.) Bring back the old progression system

3.) The full control skill stick

The first two would definitely bring the interest back. Point 3 would be icing on the cake. The game looks great. It plays great (for some) but it's just missing the fun of building your own guy the way you want.

I understand the complaints from people who "don't have enough time to progress their player," even though it's really all relative. There was nothing wrong with the previous system.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    Doesn't help that EASHL is trash this year, the player base has shrunk ever since they turfed progressive attributes...which ****, because I thought the balanced system would actually be good for the game, but it went the other way

You have no statistics or proof that the player base has decreased for this reason.

You have no statistics or proof that the player base has decreased for this reason.

So the countless people stating that finding a game in EASHL club play doesn't directly correlate to a smaller player base, then I pray to god you aren't in a vocation that requires math. It's been one of the top complaints since they turfed it. Common sense
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited January 2017

So the countless people stating that finding a game in EASHL club play doesn't directly correlate to a smaller player base, then I pray to god you aren't in a vocation that requires math. It's been one of the top complaints since they turfed it. Common sense
    No actually hes right. Well you call it "common sense", I call it "speculation" or' anecdotal evidence". None of which constitute "proof", no matter how much you believe or wish it to be so. I pray to god you aren't in a vocation that requires you know, proving things... ;)

Sales were in decline when they jumped to next gen platforms, preceding the card/class debacle by one year.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    IceLion68 wrote: »

No actually hes right. Well you call it "common sense", I call it "speculation" or' anecdotal evidence". None of which constitute "proof", no matter how much you believe or wish it to be so. I pray to god you aren't in a vocation that requires you know, proving things... ;)

Sales were in decline when they jumped to next gen platforms, preceding the card/class debacle by one year.

Fair assessment Lion, as always I respect your opinion. Tongue was firmly in cheek, ironically, I am in a profession such as that.(accountant...with tax time around the corner). You can make the assessment that the EASHL player base is incredibly small compared to say, 13, 14, and even 15. It is right in there for you to see when you look at active players and active clubs. I would honestly say that's more than anecdotal...those are numbers I can actually see, which is also what I do for a living. I'll submit that the speculation comes as to WHY the player base has shrunk(seems to be due to the lack of things to strive for, whether you agree with it or not). I 100% could have made my argument more like this post initially, my bad guys.

Fair assessment Lion, as always I respect your opinion. Tongue was firmly in cheek, ironically, I am in a profession such as that.(accountant...with tax time around the corner). You can make the assessment that the EASHL player base is incredibly small compared to say, 13, 14, and even 15. It is right in there for you to see when you look at active players and active clubs. I would honestly say that's more than anecdotal...those are numbers I can actually see, which is also what I do for a living. I'll submit that the speculation comes as to WHY the player base has shrunk(seems to be due to the lack of things to strive for, whether you agree with it or not). I 100% could have made my argument more like this post initially, my bad guys.

LOL well played (slow clap). But yes the numbers are in decline. No one is questioning that (well I'm not). My beef was around people saying "its 100% cause of classes. Cause. Common Sense!"

I just don't think the numbers bear this out necessarily. NHL 14 marked a sharp decline in sales. I have no explanation for that at all. I think 15 and to a lesser degree 16 are very likely somewhat artificially inflated due to it being on 4 platforms. But I think its safe to say that classes (introduced in NHL16) being the cause remains to be seen at best. I would want to at the very least see the full year sales numbers for 17.

NHL 13: 1.3M
    NHL 14: 1.08M
    NHL 15: 1.83M (all platforms)
    NHL 16/Legacy: 1.24M
    NHL 17: 0.69M (inconclusive of course)

*raw numbers are from VGChartz.com, aggregated by me :)
  • How does removing some of the 'fun' elements of the game (i.e personalized builds, progression system..) NOT contribute to the decline in sales and overall interest of the game? These cookie-cutter builds were brought in for league play (I understand that, I guess), but it's a system that didn't need to be implemented into EASHL.

Give players nothing to play for except cosmetic arena upgrades and goal celebrations and the game gets stale real quick.

I don't believe that preset builds are the only factor for the declining interest in this hockey game, but it's an obvious factor.

In response to the OP, I play (most) nights for an hour or two with my club and we have never waited longer than 2 minutes to find a game. With the decline in interest with EASHL, new teams or low division teams may not be queueing up very often.
  • EVerk81 wrote: »
    How does removing some of the 'fun' elements of the game (i.e personalized builds, progression system..) NOT contribute to the decline in sales and overall interest of the game? These cookie-cutter builds were brought in for league play (I understand that, I guess), but it's a system that didn't need to be implemented into EASHL.

Well I guess "fun" is subjective and without taking sides, apparently enough people complained about the card system not being fun that they replaced it with classes.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    EVerk81 wrote: »
    How does removing some of the 'fun' elements of the game (i.e personalized builds, progression system..) NOT contribute to the decline in sales and overall interest of the game? These cookie-cutter builds were brought in for league play (I understand that, I guess), but it's a system that didn't need to be implemented into EASHL.

Well I guess "fun" is subjective and without taking sides, apparently enough people complained about the card system not being fun that they replaced it with classes.

I was initially on board with the player class system, that it may produce a more level playing field, allowing skill to take over, but with how bumpy the actually play is itself, and the lack creativity and difference, it's slowed the game down a great deal, made it sloppy, and plays to create separation are virtually non existent, because even with "equal speed" defenders still skate backwards AS FAST as a powerforward chugging along at full speed. Im sorry but that isn't even remotely close to true. Maybe a handful of guys in history could do that, Orr, Coffey, Karlsson currently, MAYBE Morgan Rielly, but that's it. They need the progression system back...I think that could go a long way in solving the generally declining sales
  • Everyone has left because it' sucks, chl player ratings for eshl, terrible puck puck ups, defensive players ata disadvantage, same **** glitch goals, no player builds (nothing to play for) I could go on but it's all been covered without anything to fix it
    [even with "equal speed" defenders still skate backwards AS FAST as a powerforward chugging along at full speed

Not breaking out of the zone. At the beginning of the year at least. I found I got consistently burned if I didnt "turn and burn to create a gap there". Maybe its the acceleration tho I suppose.
  • There are certain aspects of the skating that EA got right, don't get me wrong...they were smart enough to know that you naturally skate faster without the puck than with it, which I have no issue with as that is truly the case. BUT, the trick with skating backwards defending a breakout isn't always speed, but rather gap control, the issue is defenders close gaps WAY too quickly, as you suggested, due to the acceleration being kinda poochy.