EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

NHL 18 Wishlist

Replies

• Russian league KHL be really good

We haven't seen it since NHL 09. BRING THE KHL BACK!
  • It's called NHL for a reason. :tongue:

Obviously the CHL and AHL are a huge part of that as are other certain leagues but I really don't see enough of a demand for a league like the KHL (do they even have an agreement with the NHL?) for EA to spend their time and resources on.

Some ex-NHLers end up in the KHL. Without it, we'll only see players like Alexei Ponikarovsky on their respective international teams.
  • 1. Be a coach mode or some sort of expansion of coaching
    2. League expansion and/or contraction
    3. Mechanism for releasing (or cutting) players from there contracts

• I think Russians should make new hockey game for KHL and support mods.

Wouldn't it be nice if Russia bring something good to the world for a change? ;):)
  • jlnhl2001 wrote: »
    It's called NHL for a reason. :tongue:

Obviously the CHL and AHL are a huge part of that as are other certain leagues but I really don't see enough of a demand for a league like the KHL (do they even have an agreement with the NHL?) for EA to spend their time and resources on.

Some ex-NHLers end up in the KHL. Without it, we'll only see players like Alexei Ponikarovsky on their respective international teams.

I would love to see the KHL as well, but that was an awful sales pitch. Nobody is going to get excited over Alex Ponikarovsky. Lol.
  • Hut:
    1. Bring back salary cap
    2. Elite season, Pro season etc..
    3. Starter pack, no NHL players within
    4. Better connections
    5. Worsen A.I, because we want to play, no A.I
    6. No NHL 94 controller settings anymore
    7. Do something lag cheaters and syncros!!
    8. Take out bugs

EASHL:
    2. Bring back attribute points or take model Fifa Pro Clubs
    3. Better connections

NHL 18 general:
    1. Take out bugs
    2. Defense tools
    3. Atmosphere, where is it?
  • Can you guys fix the shootout mode? It's the home team that shoots first.
  • Rangersny81
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Wouldn't it be nice if Russia bring something good to the world for a change? ;):)

They gave us Putin, wasn't that enough? :)

50699fcffe4f46d672cd3959b0a8b276.jpg
  • Ability to search for multiple synergies at the same time, ie. players with both Relentless Forecheck and Net-front Presence, not just one or the other.
  • NHL18 wishlist:
    -import the created players and created teams from NHL 17

-reorganize menus (main menu is great, but you should be able to merge some things like viewing your Player Progression from the Dressing room; three menus to exit a game is pretty excessive)

-new head appearance customization (if you cannot import created players/teams from NHL17, redo the character's head customization so you have 15 noses, eye shapes, eyebrows, jawlines, skin texture maps, so the player can choose from each category to create his/her ideal player; I think that is easier than scrolling through all of the heads and should be easy to do with texture maps and blend shapes)

-save color swatches (I think you can only choose recent colors, instead of having saved colors)

-fix glitches and AI (if I dive to block a shot and the timing is off, it is an immediate goal for the other team even if it is a sloppy shot from a poor angle)

-in EASHL club, be able to choose or see the "player types" for the computer controlled players

-mascots for EASHL unlockable items

-video intro animations for major cities teams move to (Ex: if you move a team to Kansas City, it would be nice to see some video footage of downtown Kansas)

-updated audio commentary (if I hear "waffle-boarding" one more time. j/k But seriously, take it out)

With all of that said, I bought NHL and Madden this year and feel like NHL is much better, more polished, and has more customization. Thank you guys for your hard work!
  • gumby3d wrote: »
    NHL18 wishlist:
    -import the created players and created teams from NHL 17

-reorganize menus (main menu is great, but you should be able to merge some things like viewing your Player Progression from the Dressing room; three menus to exit a game is pretty excessive)

-new head appearance customization (if you cannot import created players/teams from NHL17, redo the character's head customization so you have 15 noses, eye shapes, eyebrows, jawlines, skin texture maps, so the player can choose from each category to create his/her ideal player; I think that is easier than scrolling through all of the heads and should be easy to do with texture maps and blend shapes)

-save color swatches (I think you can only choose recent colors, instead of having saved colors)

-fix glitches and AI (if I dive to block a shot and the timing is off, it is an immediate goal for the other team even if it is a sloppy shot from a poor angle)

-in EASHL club, be able to choose or see the "player types" for the computer controlled players

-mascots for EASHL unlockable items

-video intro animations for major cities teams move to (Ex: if you move a team to Kansas City, it would be nice to see some video footage of downtown Kansas)

-updated audio commentary (if I hear "waffle-boarding" one more time. j/k But seriously, take it out)

With all of that said, I bought NHL and Madden this year and feel like NHL is much better, more polished, and has more customization. Thank you guys for your hard work!

Guys! This user has some sort of fix!
  • Updated player development (potential) system, get rid of ceiling potential and age and base it on how well they've played. Or include some kind of player progression options so you can actually feel involved in a players development rather than blindly hoping they get better.
  • Would love to see in "Franchise Mode"
    1.Goalie injuries (makes minor league and back up goalie have a purpose)

2.Goalie fatigue for playing too many games in a row. (used to be in the game way back)

3. Player suspensions for bad hits etc...
  • Would love to see in "Franchise Mode"
    1.Goalie injuries (makes minor league and back up goalie have a purpose)

2.Goalie fatigue for playing too many games in a row. (used to be in the game way back)

3. Player suspensions for bad hits etc...

4. The ability to sign players mid season to contract extentions
    5. The ability to sign players out of european leagues mid season/ off season
  • 6. The ability to see Joe Fitz ball out on pac man
  • My list to make Franchise mode great. This is things that will make you wanna play more and more games knowing you have a lot to look forward to during the season.
    1. Playable All-star game with skills competition. You can only control the players selected from your NHL team. If your players win competitions their form/moral will rise.
    2. Add graphics to the draft. Maybe a video of the young player in their new team-shirt and a cap. Make the draft a bigger deal overall.
    3. "Winter classics" A option if you want your team to play a outdoor game every season or if it will just be a generic game every year.
    4. Offers to take over as a GM over a national team. I think this would work nice like in FIFA. Maybe if I play as a Swedish GM taking over Red Wings. After two years Sweden ask me to be the GM over the national team as well. Every year you will pick players to the world championships, only taking players from NHL teams that are eliminated. The players can also sa no because of tiredness or family reasons. Every 4th years there will be a World Cup of hockey with all the stars to pick from.
  • EA Please please please ADD THE option to search and play against players with guest only in online VS