EA Forums - Banner

Regarding the A.I

Replies

• Bmh245 wrote: »
    I disagree. Since the latest patch the A.I. is the best I've ever seen it. I've been playing this series since 1992. Referring to offline only.

Just my opinion.

Thx

The AI was untouched in the patch, so whatever you think you're seeing is purely in your imagination.

You seriously think they tell the general public everything they change/fix? Seriously bro!

Give me a break. You think they would fix the AI, which people have been complaining about loudly all year, and not say anything about it? Ridiculous. And in any case, the AI has not improved at all since the patch. They still make all the same mistakes: overpursuing, constantly leaving their positions, skating up to the blue line obliviously even as offensive players are charging throug the neutral zone, turning their backs on the puck, paying not attention to trailers on the rush, ignoring strategies, etc.

• Bmh245 wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    I disagree. Since the latest patch the A.I. is the best I've ever seen it. I've been playing this series since 1992. Referring to offline only.

Just my opinion.

Thx

The AI was untouched in the patch, so whatever you think you're seeing is purely in your imagination.

You seriously think they tell the general public everything they change/fix? Seriously bro!

Give me a break. You think they would fix the AI, which people have been complaining about loudly all year, and not say anything about it? Ridiculous. And in any case, the AI has not improved at all since the patch. They still make all the same mistakes: overpursuing, constantly leaving their positions, skating up to the blue line obliviously even as offensive players are charging throug the neutral zone, turning their backs on the puck, paying not attention to trailers on the rush, ignoring strategies, etc.

Are you referring to online or offline? Cuz it has definitely improved offline.
  • AI for offline CPU skaters is exactly the same as it was before patch/tuner.
  • I don't know, it seems like the patch made the puck more 'loose' which is good for multiplayer, but horrible for single player, the CPU just rules the ice now, even with Pro setting? You don't need to upgrade the AI, all you need is to make it more difficult for the human player to hold the puck.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I don't know, it seems like the patch made the puck more 'loose' which is good for multiplayer, but horrible for single player, the CPU just rules the ice now, even with Pro setting? You don't need to upgrade the AI, all you need is to make it more difficult for the human player to hold the puck.

More challenging A.I in this game just means the CPU will cheat more, not play better hockey. The A.I players still behave like drunken fools - and it ruins the hockey feel to the game. I want better hockey IQ programmed to the A.I, tuners won't help with that.

• NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I don't know, it seems like the patch made the puck more 'loose' which is good for multiplayer, but horrible for single player, the CPU just rules the ice now, even with Pro setting? You don't need to upgrade the AI, all you need is to make it more difficult for the human player to hold the puck.

The tuners are versioned so that you can roll back offline if you prefer it.
  • I guess, but then the game will be different when you return to online games from offline ones? I don't really like that. But it's becoming moot point, since EASHL is pretty much all I play anymore.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I guess, but then the game will be different when you return to online games from offline ones? I don't really like that. But it's becoming moot point, since EASHL is pretty much all I play anymore.

I still don't understand why there can't be multiple lobbies with different settings. People that want to play with the current more "casual" settings can have what they want. And people who want to play more competitively, like in a League, can have a more "sim" type game with slightly longer period length.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I guess, but then the game will be different when you return to online games from offline ones? I don't really like that. But it's becoming moot point, since EASHL is pretty much all I play anymore.

I still don't understand why there can't be multiple lobbies with different settings. People that want to play with the current more "casual" settings can have what they want. And people who want to play more competitively, like in a League, can have a more "sim" type game with slightly longer period length.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! They used to have different Lobbies (named after the Division Names), my best friend and I would meet up in the Atlantic Lobby (cause back then the Pens were in the Atlantic Division....silly reason but....lol). I say they create 3 different Lobbies with 3 completely different settings
    Arcade Lobby (harkens back to video games of the 80s/90s), Casual Lobby (how the game plays now), Hardcore Lobby (a true to life Sim...well as close as they can make it. NO puck protect bubbles, NO endless figure skating, NO dumb AI, etc, etc)
  • I would love to play a true sim preset with 10 min online (1v1 and club)! As it is now, I can't even play a friend online unranked other than with the usual online preset :neutral:
  • The A.I. should be changed to A.S. (artificial stupidity)

Problem solved, no programming required :p
  • Playing the ai on the hardest difficulty ( superstar elite mode? )should be like chess, the best you can hope to do is tie it, as it sees every move you make after the first one ...
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    Playing the ai on the hardest difficulty ( superstar elite mode? )should be like chess, the best you can hope to do is tie it, as it sees every move you make after the first one ...

Mm sadly superstar elite mode are just the usual stupid A.I with super stats - it is horrible

That made me laugh......but oh so true

That made me laugh......but oh so true

Maybe for NHL 18?
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    The AI is only good at two things: Shadowing the human player's input and having inhuman reflexes/reaction to plays. Other than that the "Artificialy Intelligence" has the mental capacity of a lobotomized amoeba.

Don't forget their wicked passing accuracy when human teammates call for them.

That's why my friends and I won't play against any team that has 2 AI D and also once their human goalie quits it makes it so much harder to score against them.

Human goalie quits in a club game, it's game over is it not?
  • Third night in a row now I turned the game off in disgust. There is no reason behind anything at all... the game is just not enjoyable, A.I is just a **** clusterphuck i the middle of the rink...

And when the opponent shots after the whistle and I DO NOT fight because it is boring and a huge waste of time - why the **** do my CPU-teammates get themselves penalties??? Is that my punishment for not wanting to fight? Damn unreasonable...

I think I give up on this game... the level of frustration it brings, it's not worth it, just not fun. I'll rather play some other games

A shame