EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

HUT SERIES 2 ?!

Prev13456711
Someone mentioned this to me because they saw it on twitter...

I don't have Twitter but I looked up the post and saw it:

700 new player items
18 new synergies

what's going on? anyone have more info on this?

Replies

• The HUT Series 2 Expansion Starter Pack is a one-time only trade in that costs 5 Gold Common Players. In this pack, you will receive 34 untradeable items that will allow you to build a HUT Series 2 team! The contents of the pack includes:

Does this mean this HUT2 is a separate entity from the present HUT? If this is different DLC this is an epic amount of greed even for EA.
  • that was my question... I think you can have a team of Series 1 and Series 2 players
    @KoryDub

one of my questions is:

1) Nikita Kucherov for instance, base 87, highest card is 90 currently. If he gets a series 2 base of 90, will his highest overall stay at 90 or become 93?
  • This just blew my mind. I have no idea what's going on
  • bryta47
    142 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    What the hell? These cards are just new more expensive DLC?

Hahahahaha EA

EDIT: poor **** who already poured hundreds of dollars into their teams! Now you have to start all over again, so whip out your credit cards
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    What the ****? These cards are just new more expensive DLC?

Hahahahaha EA

EDIT: poor **** who already poured hundreds of dollars into their teams! Now you have to start all over again, so whip out your credit cards

Yea I read like its a totally different entity from the present HUT. You have to open up series 2 and get a starter pack LOL. How do you explain to a guy that spend loads of cash on their present team that we want you to do it again in a new mode.
  • The regularly chatty twitter isn't saying nothing about it...

Hahahahaha EA

you are mistaken... you are not starting over... they are simply adding new cards

Hahahahaha EA

Yea I read like its a totally different entity from the present HUT. You have to open up series 2 and get a starter pack LOL. How do you explain to a guy that spend loads of cash on their present team that we want you to do it again in a new mode.

Looks like series 2 even got their own contracts and consumables haha

Oh man if I paid real money to have a top team I would be so pissed right now! If I am not misunderstanding, this i is a shady as **** **** rip off
  • You really think they are only adding new cards? I think you have a own season2 team. Because with your starter pack you also get logo and trikots
  • you are most definitely not understanding.

if you have a STUD team you will still have a STUD team... they are just releasing MORE players
  • You really think they are only adding new cards? I think you have a own season2 team. Because with your starter pack you also get logo and trikots

yes... read the post from the Dev...

your team can have both Series 1 AND Series 2 players... as long as there are no duplicates
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »

Hahahahaha EA

Oh man if I paid real money to have a top team I would be so **** right now! If I am not misunderstanding, this i is a shady as **** **** rip off

You could still use all of the players you've acquired.

Now, the incentive is to collect the Series 2 cards.

It's not a new mode, and you're not being forced in to building an entirely new team.

Everyone read this carefully, do it multiple times if need be...

people already bugging out lol
  • Kory are you confirming without a doubt that this is not a new mode?
  • 1. You buy all the best players and now have a stud team
    2. EA realeases better versions of all players
    3. You do not have the best players anymore
    4. You will have to buy the best players AGAIN to have a stud team

Or?
  • bryta what are you saying... that's the case right now.. if I buy a TOTW 90 card.. and that player get a POTG upgrade, my 90 card is no longer the best version anymore

I am not understanding you
  • XxChamberlianxX
    196 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Im cool with it if it is just a HUT add on.. If its separate DLC its going to be a joke. Why do we need 2 versions of jerseys contracts arenas and healing cards lol. Maybe they intend to bring back the old school collections..
  • Im cool with it if it is just a HUT add on.. If its separate DLC its going to be a joke. Why do we need 2 versions of jerseys contracts arenas and healing cards lol. Maybe they intend to bring back the old school collections..
    Series 2 starter pack:
    24 untradeable Series 2 Gold Common player items
    5 untradeable Series 2 Gold Contracts
    1 untradeable Series 2 Gold Healing item
    1 untradeable Series 2 Gold Arena item
    1 untradeable Series 2 Gold Logo
    1 untradeable Series 2 Gold Home Jersey item
    1 untradeable Series 2 Gold Away Jersey item
  • KoryDub wrote: »

Hahahahaha EA

Oh man if I paid real money to have a top team I would be so **** right now! If I am not misunderstanding, this i is a shady as **** **** rip off

You could still use all of the players you've acquired.

Now, the incentive is to collect the Series 2 cards.

It's not a new mode, and you're not being forced in to building an entirely new team.

What is the incentive? More Hero sets?
  • @KoryDub why are there "Series 2 Contracts and Healing Items"