EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

HUT SERIES 2 ?!

Replies

  • So will movs be getting more synergies? Or is EA shafting the big spenders from November now.
  • They announced back in November that the synergies would not be changing. So it was a gamble to think they may get added. Good luck
  • So with 85 rated cards going fer 900-1000 right now, do I sell or hold and trade em in and hope fer the best? Think I may do a bit of both. I hate gambling it all away.
  • Maybe see how your starter pack goes.
  • Counted em and I had like 150, just got rid of 40 or so, was kinda tough to keep ahead of the buyers at a few points. 85 golds fer 1000 right now going like hot cakes. I upped the price slightly. I'm gonna keep the rest till tomorrow, see how it goes. My teams aboot 2 guys from being complete, mostly heros and legends a few movembers. Don't see myself getting too caught up in the new synergy hype.
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    ya if they actually took the money and invested it back into the game. have you not seen EA gross profits these last few years? gameplay hasnt changed much over the last 4 years...

    I disagree with that. The game play has gotten so much better this year. A great improvement over 16


    Really? What, exactly, about the gameplay is so much better than NHL 16?
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    Lowernu82 wrote: »
    ya if they actually took the money and invested it back into the game. have you not seen EA gross profits these last few years? gameplay hasnt changed much over the last 4 years...

    I disagree with that. The game play has gotten so much better this year. A great improvement over 16


    Really? What, exactly, about the gameplay is so much better than NHL 16?

    The biggest thing for me is there isn't a pure glitch goal. Even a one timer cross crease isn't a guaranteed goal.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    Lowernu82 wrote: »
    ya if they actually took the money and invested it back into the game. have you not seen EA gross profits these last few years? gameplay hasnt changed much over the last 4 years...

    I disagree with that. The game play has gotten so much better this year. A great improvement over 16


    Really? What, exactly, about the gameplay is so much better than NHL 16?

    The biggest thing for me is there isn't a pure glitch goal. Even a one timer cross crease isn't a guaranteed goal.
    Yep and much easier to shut down the high percentage shots. Basically I can always gauge how good of a game it is by when I put it down fer the year. I'm still going strong strong and excited to play so they've done a better job.
    It's all in they're development schedule though, were in year 3 now, first few are usually pretty crappy. Then we get 3 years of a pretty great hockey game.
    And this year they've made lots of in game changes. Future looks bright.
  • Yikes, good luck to anyone trying to complete Hero Sets now...
  • The synergies on these cards aren't that great. For some cards, I would rather keep the Golds because their synergies are good.

    I think a lot of people are jumping the gun by selling off their team for these cards.
  • Shlog61 wrote: »
    The synergies on these cards aren't that great. For some cards, I would rather keep the Golds because their synergies are good.

    I think a lot of people are jumping the gun by selling off their team for these cards.

    I am with you on this. The new synergies don't really interest me. Other than a few Oiler upgrades the rest of my collection will be stay as-is.
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    Shlog61 wrote: »
    The synergies on these cards aren't that great. For some cards, I would rather keep the Golds because their synergies are good.

    I think a lot of people are jumping the gun by selling off their team for these cards.

    I am with you on this. The new synergies don't really interest me. Other than a few Oiler upgrades the rest of my collection will be stay as-is.

    I think you will see this a lot.

    If your team is built around Heroes, or other high end cards with multiple synergies, your probably not going to trade em all and to run these new synergies, especially considering these synergies are less "focused" than the originals.

    I have a few players I could justify swapping out for their Series 2 version depending on the synergies they get, but for the most part I can't see much about my team changing because of this.
  • Saw the part where you can trade in 10 common players again. This code for EA is going to be dumping a lot of terrible cards in the new packs. Probably worse than before!!
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    Yikes, good luck to anyone trying to complete Hero Sets now...

    Yea they just screwed anyone who wasn't able to complete those sets
  • Pycnotic wrote: »
    Stfx96 wrote: »
    Yikes, good luck to anyone trying to complete Hero Sets now...

    Yea they just screwed anyone who wasn't able to complete those sets

    Probably you just should buy now every missing 88+ card. They are very cheap atm. And that is what I don't understand. I guess tomorrow everyone is ripping the new packs and then the old non-rare golds will be more valuable then they are right now. I guess it's just a gambling atm.
  • Saw all the new cards in HUT. In the individual Team section. Nice upgraded cards! Although, not THAT interesting.
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    Yikes, good luck to anyone trying to complete Hero Sets now...

    who cares? when you can buy Shanahan for 190K why bother doing the sets?
  • Because not everybody has Datsyuk. But honestly, I saw the first on PS4 below 900k. It look's like it make no further sense to complete Hero-sets.
  • exactly...

    IM PUMPED FOR SERIES 2 !! LETS GET IT!!
  • lets open some packs bro! lol
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!