EA Forums - Banner

Just a few Q's after playing a drop-in game

TimeToHockey94
214 posts Member
edited January 2017
Why was auto-deke dded? I can't tell you how many times i've done a toe-drag when i didn't want to do a toe-drag. It's really time to go back to the old skill stick. I'm not calling for the crazy dangles but having 100% control of your stick needs to return.

Also... Why does my CR go down because I get incompetent teammates when i play drop in?

Replies

• CR is nothing more than a measurement of your wins and losses. If you lose to opponents with a lower CR than yourself, you lose more CR. It has nothing to do with your teammates
  • EVerk81 wrote: »
    CR is nothing more than a measurement of your wins and losses. If you lose to opponents with a lower CR than yourself, you lose more CR. It has nothing to do with your teammates

Nothing to do with your teammates?! I sure hope that was intended to be a joke...

Garbage teammates will 100% cause you to lose games.

As an individual player, you cannot stop your garbage teammate(s) from:
    - giving the puck away EVERY SINGLE TIME they cross the offensive blue line
    - ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS being behind the opposing defense and skating in a straight line up the ice, resulting in having no one to make a breakout pass to
    - playing center, and winning 0 out of 30+ face offs
    - playing goalie, and sucking at it
    - passing to the overcrowded middle instead of making the open pass to the defense, 99% of the time resulting in a giveaway
    - shooting a weak back-hander from the top of the circle instead of making the obvious pass to the open player in the corner/side of the net/slot

The list of reasons garbage players cause you to lose is painfully long, unfortunately.
  • milldozer wrote: »
    EVerk81 wrote: »
    CR is nothing more than a measurement of your wins and losses. If you lose to opponents with a lower CR than yourself, you lose more CR. It has nothing to do with your teammates

Nothing to do with your teammates?! I sure hope that was intended to be a joke...

- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS being behind the opposing defense and skating in a straight line up the ice, resulting in having no one to make a breakout pass to
    - passing to the overcrowded middle instead of making the open pass to the defense, 99% of the time resulting in a giveaway
    - shooting a weak back-hander from the top of the circle instead of making the obvious pass to the open player in the corner/side of the net/slot

The list of reasons garbage players cause you to lose is painfully long, unfortunately.

I agree. I don't why if I make good breakout passes, backcheck and break up rushes, force turnovers, cover for D, etc my CR should go down when I'm doing all the right things but lose the game due to other players. I never understood the significance of CR as a whole though. Being tied to your wins / losses does zero to reflect how good a player you are individually and in drop ins or even club as you can't control how well others play. If it's simply to assist in matchmaking then it shouldn't even be listed to be seen.

If it was tied more to your grades in game, that may be the better way to go, not perfect, but better since you have some say on how you yourself perform in-game and trolls would have less of an impact too. They would have to of course better code how the grades are tracked going forward, but I think it can be done.

BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD6 - PS4
  • milldozer wrote: »
    EVerk81 wrote: »

Thank you. If you don't believe your teammates play a part in your CR, you're on a new level of special. CR was a great idea that was developed poorly, shocker by EA. If they were smart it wouldn't factor in your win/loss (or not solely like it does) and would actually rate you on how you played in the game.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Thank you. If you don't believe your teammates play a part in your CR, you're on a new level of special. CR was a great idea that was developed poorly, shocker by EA. If they were smart it wouldn't factor in your win/loss (or not solely like it does) and would actually rate you on how you played in the game.

I don't even think CR should be calculated for Drop-ins.

CR should be entirely based on Club games. Just my opinion.

Matchmaking in Drop-ins should be determined by level, not CR.

There are many people who play drop-ins exclusively due to not having a club, and penalizing them for being matched up with less than stellar teammates seems rather odd to me.

This is something I wouldn't mind either. I play both, but I play drop-ins more because I refuse to play 2's and 3's for club. Have you brought this up, as a game-changer? Because I'd be on board with it, and I'm sure plenty of others would be too.
  • KoryDub wrote: »

There are many people who play drop-ins exclusively due to not having a club, and penalizing them for being matched up with less than stellar teammates seems rather odd to me.

[/quote]

I play drop in defense with my brother pretty much exclusively .......we give cr the attention it deserves...... zero...... I don't need ea to tell me how I played......I know when I stink and when I ve had a decent game