EA Forums - Banner

Goaltender Interference

thronedflame4
1 posts Member
edited February 2017
I'm sure I'm not the first person to complain about this, but goaltender interference is ridiculous. It's called on just about every goal in front of the net. Because it's not bad enough that the defense wins 99% of the loose pucks in front of the net, why don't you completely take away any rebound or chip in goals

Replies

• Psh they don't call enough Goaltender Interference penalties. Don't smother the goalie simply as that.
  • Wait someones complaining they call it to much?

Im sorry but im sick of players constantly running my goalie and getting away with it.

It needs to be called WAY more.

Im sorry but im sick of players constantly running my goalie and getting away with it.

agreed 100%
    Especially right before and after the whistle. It's ridiculous.

agreed 100%
    Especially right before and after the whistle. It's ridiculous.

I play Defense in real hockey. and i play with high emotion.

I can say 100% that if a player ever ran my goalie they way they do in this game.... lets just say id be on time out for 5 minutes.
  • I hear ya! I understand crashing the net, but once the whistle blows and players are still smashing into the goalie and wacking him with their sticks, there needs to be a penalty...or atleast allow the goalie to fight them and take them off the ice.
  • To be clear this is in versus mode, not eashl. I get the complaints about getting run into, and yes I agree that if someone charged into the goalie once he has the puck smothered, or just when he's standing there. But you can't even bump up against him in this mode. For example, I had one goal get waved off last night when I was screening with a winger, and the point shot was deflects 5 hole. The reason it was called off was that the goalie jumped to the left and barely touches up against my guy who was probably 2 feet to the left of the left post. Another in the same game on a 3 on 1 breakaway, where the original shot has a rebound, goalie charges out like 4 feet in front of the goal, missed the puck, runs into my guy who shot, and my winger cleans up the loose puck and scores. Just a few examples, wish I had video

But again, this is versus, and it in no way mirrors the scrums that happen around the net in real life
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I hear ya! I understand crashing the net, but once the whistle blows and players are still smashing into the goalie and wacking him with their sticks, there needs to be a penalty...or atleast allow the goalie to fight them and take them off the ice.

Anything after the whistle should be a penalty.

Fighting them doesn't have a useful purpose and really only hurts ones own team more.
    agreed, but if the goalie was allowed to fight then only the player would have to sit for five minutes ....and maybe people would think about doing stupid stuff to the goalie after the whistle if they had to sit for five minutes every time

• Nobody, the player just gets replaced with a CPU for 5 mins
  • Nobody serves on the goalies team, it stays full strength and the idiot human player sits for 5 mins while being replaced by a CPU
  • Well except for a 6v6 match
  • Well except for a 6v6 match

Even during a 6v6...player rams the goalie after whistle...hacks him, slashes him...whatever ..goalie can fight him...he gets replaced by a bot and has to sit 5 mins...resume game.
    It's not that hard to understand fellas lol
  • Set after whistle penalties to strict, problem solved, it's already there, just needs to be put as a default option by a dev... End of conversation and silliness , goodbye.
  • Today a team mate got a penalty for doing the 'poke dance' after the whistle, ie. he kept tapping the poke. I am not even sure if he hit anyone with it but it was close to the goal area & goalie. Never seen that before. Seems like there's no logic to these things at all. You get a penalty for that, but not for shooting the puck or laying a guy out cold after the whistle?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Today a team mate got a penalty for doing the 'poke dance' after the whistle, ie. he kept tapping the poke. I am not even sure if he hit anyone with it but it was close to the goal area & goalie. Never seen that before. Seems like there's no logic to these things at all. You get a penalty for that, but not for shooting the puck or laying a guy out cold after the whistle?

On old gen most players would just speed around and blast players around while a fight was going on. I did the same. Sometimes though, after the fight, I would be in the box for 2 minutes. I felt shame, then I was set free. Never found out why sometimes I got penalized, sometimes I didn't. I would say it happened once every 25 fights or so.