EA Forums - Banner

Hey EA can we address this for 18?

2Next

Replies

• Yeah I have to agree with EA listening. They've done a very good job this year. My only issues are the AH and stats. Sure the game play isn't perfect but as shlog said, it may be the hardest game to recreate as a video game. All the other sports have some down time. Hockey doesnt
  • What really needs to improve is coaching ... We need to be able to tell our individual players how we want them to play, if we want them to , and who we want them to hit, or if we want them to poke or stick lift more , where we want them to set up. Match lines, like if we want our top d out when their top producing players are out, all the strategy that hockey has isn't present and hasn't ever been present in any NHL series . If ea can give us the ability to get our AI in the same page as us then every team we play will always be a slightly different game. None of this running around to find exploits or take advantage of the weak AI ... Obviously improving coaching means better AI as well. Ea hasn't touched strategies since 04.
  • Those would all be great but I'm not sure how that would happen. Especially because you won't know who's on the other team until the game starts
  • yea that sounds pretty awesome but you're talking NHL 35
  • I think espo raises a good point here. They are all about making money and they will listen if the suggestion makes them moneys
  • EA needs to work on breakouts badly in HUT/VS mode (assuming they are just as bad in GM mode too), sadly this game is build all around full out attack to create offence but EA fails to realize that a quality breakout system would create better offence all in itself. Also why is it easier to breakout while on the PK then it is 5on5 or even on the PP??

There also isnt enough fatigue effect when playing teams who full out attack on the forecheck, that takes a huge amount of energy off real players but this game it doesnt give the proper effect hence why 95% of people play this way. Its the same with the abuse of the hustle button yes hockey is a fast game but this hustle abuse takes away alot of realism from this game.

There is alot of good things about this mode (season mode with rewards) but there are also alot of bad too (giving everyone the same player cards for rewards ex-99 richards 90 Bionsonnette who cares how his name is spelled) what they should do which im sure is capable is allow us to choose 1 player from our collection who can magically become a 99ovr &/or 90ovr it would give us more variety in players we face... it wouldnt make sense to make a P. Kane a 99ovr when he has a high overall already when you could select a lower rated player of our choice to be a 99ovr untradeable of course (make the synergies random too when selecting this player)

Connection is a major one, its amazing how my connection for EASHL is flawless but as soon as i try to play HUT i get major connection issues... 1 in 5 games are played lag free and seems like the connection with HUT has gotten worse since this new season mode came out too.

I think EA needs more variety of packs as well this time of the year its next to impossible to complete the HUT Hero packs without paying thru your **** for the crappiest of cards... a common player pack at a cheap price would be a great idea a cost of like 5000c for 20 common cards (even if quick sold every one only get 3000c for that) those cards are very pointless even at the games release but they shouldnt cost you in some cases 5000c for 1 crappy common player just to try to do a set because there is only 3-9 cards on the market of those common players now

Another variety pack would be a pack that gives you 10 items of jerseys/coaches/ logos/arenas these types of packs would make that actual rare player cards 87+ ovr more valuable

One of the best/worst things about this mode is that the rich keep getting richer, to compete in this mode truly you need a high flying team as if 2 players match up in similar skill the team thats more stacked is gonna come out on top more times then not
  • Have they ever had a thing we're you can set up plays? Like on a break out where the winger sits between hash marks and the blueline on the boards. Or in the offensive zone where defense sits inside the blueline on the boards. Or any play you want to make. Maybe a max of 5 plays.
  • Have they ever had a thing we're you can set up plays? Like on a break out where the winger sits between hash marks and the blueline on the boards. Or in the offensive zone where defense sits inside the blueline on the boards. Or any play you want to make. Maybe a max of 5 plays.

They used to have custom breakouts and create plays.

Those were neat back in the day.
  • All I know is I got rocked today in competitive seasons because of breakouts... So stupid and then everyone plays the trap too you dump it in nothing! Doesn't ever work so stupid!
  • Shlog61 wrote: »
    Have they ever had a thing we're you can set up plays? Like on a break out where the winger sits between hash marks and the blueline on the boards. Or in the offensive zone where defense sits inside the blueline on the boards. Or any play you want to make. Maybe a max of 5 plays.

They used to have custom breakouts and create plays.

Those were neat back in the day.

yes that was cool and could control a set play or breakout....
  • Back hand fore hand deaking goal is exploited and too easy
    I know it's a game but when players do blind backwards passes and they are just as accurate as forward passes
    Auction house looking at bids won and the players are never shown so it's hard to check what you payed for a particular player
  • tonydpub wrote: »
    Back hand fore hand deaking goal is exploited and too easy
    I know it's a game but when players do blind backwards passes and they are just as accurate as forward passes
    Auction house looking at bids won and the players are never shown so it's hard to check what you payed for a particular player

I don't have many issues with passing. But the AH in general is a mess. It's really my main issue with the mode. And the **** who desync.
  • The passing issue I have seen a lot lately, the total pass straight backward with unreal speed on it to hit the streaking wing or center...as I do actually play that particular play annoys the **** out of me.