EA Forums - Banner

Worlds Easiest Save = World's Juiciest Rebound.

MooseHunter10
402 posts Member
edited February 2017
How hasn't this been corrected yet? There isn't a goalie above the age of 12 that would give these rebounds from soft shots with no traffic.

To compound issues, Ben's stated that you cannot pickup pucks while in a stopping animation, so the forward who's crashing the net is the only one capable of getting the animation for the puck pickup, unless the Dman is willing to run his goalie / drive the puck into his own net.

nickythewop's video:
EASHL player

Replies

• SilentCricket26
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    They make the CPU move slightly more on that shot so you can get that rebound. A human goalie has a better chance playing that angle correctly and performing a five-hole save.

My beef is. Even if a human goalie plays it right. It could mean a five-hole goal. (hence the CPU programming) I dislike how the goalie only performs a blocking butterfly or hybrid save on that shot when he does save it. Rarely do you see a goalie make an active hands Butterfly five hole/stick save. Even while in Butterfly prior to shot. Deflecting the puck through the scoring zone to the corner or the sides.

They need to work with Goalies to accumulate the proper basic save animations. I mean, how often does a goalie get hit in the bread basket and not control the rebound from outside the circles on a clear view? In this game it's hard as hell to go one and done without scrambling to cover a rebound on which should be a basic save technique.
  • Brodeur was the best example of rebound control, the guy would purposefully kick it back k to certain players so he can Rob them on the rebound , he knew how to make himself look good .
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    Brodeur was the best example of rebound control, the guy would purposefully kick it back k to certain players so he can Rob them on the rebound , he knew how to make himself look good .

LMFAO
  • mikeq67
    132 posts Member
    How hasn't this been corrected yet? There isn't a goalie above the age of 12 that would give these rebounds from soft shots with no traffic.

To compound issues, Ben's stated that you cannot pickup pucks while in a stopping animation, so the forward who's crashing the net is the only one capable of getting the animation for the puck pickup, unless the Dman is willing to run his goalie / drive the puck into his own net.

nickythewop's video:

Because this game is a steaming pile of 🎃🎃🎃🎃 and needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch.
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    mikeq67 wrote: »

nickythewop's video:

Because this game is a steaming pile of **** and needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch.

Well, I agree ONLY if the entire team is replaced as well. This trash of a series is a direct reflection of the team making it: A jumbled mess with no direction. No use going further back than NHL 13. No vision or creativity has been brought to the franchise. 5 years of steaming liquid crap, and counting.

Well Rammer and boys, you had a terrible, but long run. You clearly have no idea what hockey is, or what it involves. None of you have played, and it shows even more painfully so when it comes to goalies. Sorry

Ben, there is nothing you can say to sway this. I mean, you even went as far as creating player classes for EASHL for the purpose of balance. What f***ing balance? Don't even need a sniper anymore to snipe! It is again a reflection of your team and the decisions behind it. Nothing is clear. Everything is rushed. Every mode is f***ed. Seamless Puck F***ups don't work. Goalies can't even have their pads flush to the ice lol. 🎃🎃🎃🎃. The game is sooo broken. In all serious, and with as much respect as I can muster, you guys are seriously a fail team. Fail across the board.
  • Why is no one of importance responding to this actual issue that plagues 1v1 modes?
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    Why is no one of importance responding to this actual issue that plagues 1v1 modes?

It seems to me that Ben finally had enough of giving answers and being called a liar.