EA Forums - Banner

Do Endings of Games Every Feel Predetermined?

Prev13
Whats going on people. I was wondering if anyone ever got the vibe that some games are predetermined from the first face off? There are some times when I get in a game, Ovi misses 2 wide open nets. The opponents goalie makes 3 ridiculous saves, and I can't gather a puck. I just know when a game starts like that. There is no way I'm going to win.

Does anyone else get that vibe from this game sometimes?
Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions

Replies

• It's called lag.
  • It's called lag.

No i dont think its called lag. players missing wide open nets, opponents goalies making unreal saves, and players missing loose pucks isnt lag.
    Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions
  • Wouldn't be surprised. FIFA was scripted to give more goals in extra time (could shoot from half in the 45th and 90th minutes).
    EASHL player
  • easy spooky Mulder... The aliens aren't rigging the game for your opponent.

It's just a clunky game with bad ai, bad physics, bad netcode, etc... Various issues that all lead to certain games going this way.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    I havent seen someone miss an open net since nhl 16 lol
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    When there's AI involved...it's prevalent. Let's not forget...it's a computer...numbers...x's and o's.
    That being said...MAKE A PLAY YA BUM :)
  • Definitely felt like it last night. Played my first game is drop in in weeks. Up 3-1, their goalie quits then they go on to tie it in the 3rd. We lose in the last minute. Didn't help that 3 of the 4 goals against our G were terrible scoring chances and our goalie was in perfect position but the pucks still managed to trickle through.
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lol how does video evidence prove how someone feels about the game ?

I see why ea let you be a forum mod ...
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Without video evidence, you can't just say that it 'felt like it was predetermined'.
    giphy.gif
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2509 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Edit: Can't help but feel baffled when pucks go through your goalie like Swiss cheese despite the shots being absolutely trash scoring chances. I didn't even bother getting mad at the drop in goalie. He played a great game. There's literally nothing he could have done differently so we just laughed it off.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    'Perfect position'. If i had a dime for everytime i heard that one.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2509 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    'Perfect position'. If i had a dime for everytime i heard that one.

True but I'm a 30 year old with nothing to gain from lying on a video game forum. I also gain nothing defending a random drop in goalie. You can believe me or not. The goalie was in perfect position, the shot was from the side board, hits his arm and trickles in. Literally nothing he could've done differently.

Not saying it was scripted, just one of those games.
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    Soft goals happen all the time in the NHL. Get over it.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »

I agree soft goals happen IRL but we all know how bad collision detection is with this game/series. We all know how wonky/delayed the controls are with this game/series
  • JS1735
    16 posts Member
    Whats going on people. I was wondering if anyone ever got the vibe that some games are predetermined from the first face off? There are some times when I get in a game, Ovi misses 2 wide open nets. The opponents goalie makes 3 ridiculous saves, and I can't gather a puck. I just know when a game starts like that. There is no way I'm going to win.

Does anyone else get that vibe from this game sometimes?

No, not really.
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »

I agree soft goals happen IRL but we all know how bad collision detection is with this game/series. We all know how wonky/delayed the controls are with this game/series

I agree there are definitely problems with collision detection in this game, but so many posts are b**thurt people who say things like "then my goalie let in a shot he totally should have had, clearly the game is working against me." Which is ridiculous. Soft goals should absolutely be part of the game. Everytime my AI goalie let's in some glass, I watch the replay frame by frame and most of the time, the goalie is off on the angle, takes the puck off the equipment wrong and it trickles in. Just like real life. Is there occasionally one that you can totally see was not right? Yeah for sure. When it phases through the pads and the like, but most soft goals are pretty realistic and people are just mad that they gave up a goal/lost.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »

I agree there are definitely problems with collision detection in this game, but so many posts are b**thurt people who say things like "then my goalie let in a shot he totally should have had, clearly the game is working against me." Which is ridiculous. Soft goals should absolutely be part of the game. Everytime my AI goalie let's in some glass, I watch the replay frame by frame and most of the time, the goalie is off on the angle, takes the puck off the equipment wrong and it trickles in. Just like real life. Is there occasionally one that you can totally see was not right? Yeah for sure. When it phases through the pads and the like, but most soft goals are pretty realistic and people are just mad that they gave up a goal/lost.

AGREED but I think that most people are used to seeing so many of the EA Garbage goals go in that it has blurred the line between what is a Good legit IRL goal and the EA Garbage goal.
  • Soft goals do happen IRL. Agreed. Personally I don't play goalie so I can't vouch but it must absolutely suck when you play the angle properly but your goalie animation lifts your arm too high and the puck goes into your 6 hole and there's literally nothing you could do because limb control doesn't exist.

74f9c3_ab5036289eb5489289063e1948f4831b.gif
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    The annoying thing is they have a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 ton of things on a long listed document. Things we have talked about. Things we haven't talked about that would solve issues. New animations that would fix things that are just shelved and haven't been touched up / added. If you guys saw the list you would be like "Wow if this was in the game NHL would be 🎃🎃🎃🎃 awesome". But it's not reality, at least not all at once.

The sooner people start to accept games are just smoke and mirrors with known issues as they are shipped, the better. Some stuff is never going to be right no matter how many developers you add to a team or how much time you add to a project. Give a team 2 years to make a game and they are going to try and maximize that timeframe and test the limits and unleash their ambitions and still run into issues. They would never be like "Okay I think this is perfect" and move on to something else. Also, there are usually so many higher priority problems with a game at the end, that spending time on minor issues is viewed as a waste of money, time, and energy. Game development ends up being a game of putting rugs over cracks in the floor and hanging paintings over holes in the wall. That's not with NHL in particular, that's VIDEOGAMES as a whole. They all do it. Some can do it better than others but it's not what makes the game, it's literally trying to cover your tracks.

/end of offtopic rant

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!