EA Forums - Banner

My Thoughts on HUT

Prev1
Here's how HUT has been for me lately... It's usually one of five scenarios. * keep in mind I have a good connection, always 'green', never gotten any 'fix ur internet bruh' type msgs before/after games.

Scenario 1: Other team gets scared of my Mike Richards (yes - Mike Richards, the same Mike Richards that EVERYONE should have) and backs out.

Scenario 2: Other team also has Mike Richards (or someone better) so we make it through the matchup menu. Pre-game starts, other team sees that my goalie is slightly over .500 and quits before puck drop.

Scenario 3: Get through matchup screen. Other team doesn't care that my goalie is slightly above .500 since his goalie is also slightly above .500 or better. I accidently score a goal in the 1st minute. Other team quits.

Scenario 4: Get to puck drop. Remember to lose face-off so 1 minute can go by without me scoring. Get a lead, then get de-synced or IP Booted.

Scenario 5: Get to puck drop. Remember to lose face-off so 1 minute can go by without me scoring. Have a decent game with other team, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, but being completely frustrated at a few things including:

- Passes going all over the ice, rarely where I want them or expect them to go
- Players whiffing on one-timers (especially from the point)
- Trying to switch to last defender and being amazed at how difficult that can be sometimes
- Getting elbowing penalties (still not sure which button is the elbow button, but I hit it a lot apparently)
- Watching un-screened wrist shots go in on my 92 overall rated goalie
- Watching my AI decide to dart out to the point on a lost faceoff, and before I even have a chance of switching to that player, have my AI player dive at the D-man's legs causing a tripping/interference penalty
- You guys know the rest of the crap I'm not going to keep going

So many issues with this game right now. I would love to say "I'M NOT GOING TO BUY NHL 18" but I already know I will. I love hockey. I'm just hoping that EA reads all of these posts and decides to do something to change some of this. I'm afraid that guys like me will have no one left to play when other people finally say enough is enough. You can already see it starting to happen. Streamers have quit streaming. It takes forever to find a game. My EASHL club is almost dead. FIX THIS STUFF!

Replies

• yep.... that's HuT in a nutshell

• I think a lot of people are still playing. But keep in mind this game came out 6 months ago.
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    On the money..

technically EA has the money...
  • Pretty sure theyll fix lot of stuff, this year has been a huge improvement in many ways, they clearly try to make things better and are listening to us. If they make a lil effort 18" could be awesome which sucks because i wanted to stop gaming, im too old for this **** lol
  • They'll find something else to complain about
  • RaYWiN_96 wrote: »
    Here's how HUT has been for me lately... It's usually one of five scenarios. * keep in mind I have a good connection, always 'green', never gotten any 'fix ur internet bruh' type msgs before/after games.

Scenario 1: Other team gets scared of my Mike Richards (yes - Mike Richards, the same Mike Richards that EVERYONE should have) and backs out.

Scenario 2: Other team also has Mike Richards (or someone better) so we make it through the matchup menu. Pre-game starts, other team sees that my goalie is slightly over .500 and quits before puck drop.

Scenario 3: Get through matchup screen. Other team doesn't care that my goalie is slightly above .500 since his goalie is also slightly above .500 or better. I accidently score a goal in the 1st minute. Other team quits.

Scenario 4: Get to puck drop. Remember to lose face-off so 1 minute can go by without me scoring. Get a lead, then get de-synced or IP Booted.

Scenario 5: Get to puck drop. Remember to lose face-off so 1 minute can go by without me scoring. Have a decent game with other team, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, but being completely frustrated at a few things including:

- Passes going all over the ice, rarely where I want them or expect them to go
    - Players whiffing on one-timers (especially from the point)
    - Trying to switch to last defender and being amazed at how difficult that can be sometimes
    - Getting elbowing penalties (still not sure which button is the elbow button, but I hit it a lot apparently)
    - Watching un-screened wrist shots go in on my 92 overall rated goalie
    - Watching my AI decide to dart out to the point on a lost faceoff, and before I even have a chance of switching to that player, have my AI player dive at the D-man's legs causing a tripping/interference penalty
    - You guys know the rest of the **** I'm not going to keep going

So many issues with this game right now. I would love to say "I'M NOT GOING TO BUY NHL 18" but I already know I will. I love hockey. I'm just hoping that EA reads all of these posts and decides to do something to change some of this. I'm afraid that guys like me will have no one left to play when other people finally say enough is enough. You can already see it starting to happen. Streamers have quit streaming. It takes forever to find a game. My EASHL club is almost dead. FIX THIS STUFF!

Oh man, you're not alone...
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    Elbowing is a variation of charging , stop holding hustle while you hit. Cross checking is a chance off a push hit though, so the way the dev explained it to me it's random.

The rest can't help you with it sucks...
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    Elbowing is a variation of charging , stop holding hustle while you hit. Cross checking is a chance off a push hit though, so the way the dev explained it to me it's random.

The rest can't help you with it ****...

That actually makes a lot of sense. I've never thought about if I'm holding hustle or not. Thanks that's very helpful!

• Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    mad_rob38 wrote: »
    Pretty sure theyll fix lot of stuff, this year has been a huge improvement in many ways, they clearly try to make things better and are listening to us. If they make a lil effort 18" could be awesome which **** because i wanted to stop gaming, im too old for this **** lol

Gameplay has had only minor improvements (passing, most notably) since last year, and in some important ways -- defensive AI, player switching -- has gotten a lot worse. So I'm not sure where the optimism about NHL 18 is coming from.
  • Gameplay has had only minor improvements (passing, most notably) since last year, and in some important ways -- defensive AI, player switching -- has gotten a lot worse. So I'm not sure where the optimism about NHL 18 is coming from.
    [/quote]

I was optimistic up until about a day ago, when this game became a total waste of time. But yes, the player switching issue needs to be priority #1 as far as I'm concerned. It's been a big issue for a while now.

• Bmh245 wrote: »
    Pretty sure theyll fix lot of stuff, this year has been a huge improvement in many ways, they clearly try to make things better and are listening to us. If they make a lil effort 18" could be awesome which **** because i wanted to stop gaming, im too old for this **** lol

Gameplay has had only minor improvements (passing, most notably) since last year, and in some important ways -- defensive AI, player switching -- has gotten a lot worse. So I'm not sure where the optimism about NHL 18 is coming from.

Well, imo gameplay has improved alot, last year was onetimer festival, sure there is a lot of stuff to be improved but ive had way more fun this year, sets, dtitle packs, CS with requirements , all in all has made nhl 17 a very good game IMO..

• Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    Bmh245 wrote: »

Well, imo gameplay has improved alot, last year was onetimer festival, sure there is a lot of stuff to be improved but ive had way more fun this year, sets, dtitle packs, CS with requirements , all in all has made nhl 17 a very good game IMO..

Any game play improvements are pretty much just tuner updates , stuff they could have and should have tweaked before.
  • Alot would be fixed by dedicated HUT servers or by making the faster connection the host, the sets and everything were great, expansion too...but the 1 game out of 10 that isn't lagged, isn't enough to keep me playing....its punishment having good internet
  • Lowernu82
    416 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I just want this crap to stop happening, lol listen to the commentating after he allegedly scores about being in behind the D cherry picking.

but its so much more fun that way
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Dixonyu wrote: »

it is, knowing that said player may have to dig through potentially 200+ injury cards to play another game, is well worth the potential penalty.
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Dixonyu wrote: »

it is, knowing that said player may have to dig through potentially 200+ injury cards to play another game, is well worth the potential penalty.

lmao... absolutely...
  • mad_rob38 wrote: »
    This year has been a huge improvement in many ways,
    Just no

Puck bounces like crazy, sometimes not even a Lamborghini wouldn't catch up with the puck when it randomly goes in an unsuspected way

Losing to players that hardly don't know how to aim, do face offs or make a manual hit

They make this game more noob friendly and pay to win than it's ever been

Last year I was close to addicted, this year I hardly played and just a month in when I stared again I feel like putting down the controller

The only thing that better is that it's harder to force cross creases

Also on topic: they should make players able to quit within a minute unless they got a goal against them or a penalty