EA Forums - Banner

Patch Notes 1.07

Replies

  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    The game has a myriad of issues, puck pickups, at times dreadful AI, player switching and several others. It isn't actively working against you though.

    Actually every single one of those issues will work against you. What do you think they don't affect games at all? Seriously, you're agenda to apologize for the game's gameplay issues don't even make sense. Do you even play people online? It doesn't sound like it since you have no clue how badly those issues affect head-to-head games. Take the following scenarios which are common in this game:

    You can't pick the puck up, but your opponent swoops in and grabs it, that doesn't work against you? You can't switch players for several seconds, hence, you cannot defend at all for that amount of time. When you can't play any defense at all, this doesn't work against you?

    You gotta be kidding me.

    I don't know if you are trolling here or are just really bad at reading comprehension. "It isn't actively working against you". Meaning the game isn't designed to scr*w you in some way. The word "actively" makes it clear to anyone with a fifth grade reading level or above would understand what that statement meant. Reading is a fundamental life skill, and the ability to understand, process and speak about what you read is going to have a major impact on how people view you. Especially employers or potential employers. You might want to work on those skills a bit, as you seem to be lacking in that area pretty severely. I hope you get the help you need.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    The game has a myriad of issues, puck pickups, at times dreadful AI, player switching and several others. It isn't actively working against you though.

    Actually every single one of those issues will work against you. What do you think they don't affect games at all? Seriously, you're agenda to apologize for the game's gameplay issues don't even make sense. Do you even play people online? It doesn't sound like it since you have no clue how badly those issues affect head-to-head games. Take the following scenarios which are common in this game:

    You can't pick the puck up, but your opponent swoops in and grabs it, that doesn't work against you? You can't switch players for several seconds, hence, you cannot defend at all for that amount of time. When you can't play any defense at all, this doesn't work against you?

    You gotta be kidding me.

    I don't know if you are trolling here or are just really bad at reading comprehension. "It isn't actively working against you". Meaning the game isn't designed to scr*w you in some way. The word "actively" makes it clear to anyone with a fifth grade reading level or above would understand what that statement meant. Reading is a fundamental life skill, and the ability to understand, process and speak about what you read is going to have a major impact on how people view you. Especially employers or potential employers. You might want to work on those skills a bit, as you seem to be lacking in that area pretty severely. I hope you get the help you need.

    OUCH shots fired
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    "I do think the narrative of soft goals vs. cycling is overplayed as well"

    Disagree, I don't think it's possible to overplay discussing this issue. You have a better chance of scoring skating the puck right into defenders, many time you will get tripped, slashed, slip by the defender, or lose the puck but get it right back, and all this puts you in a prime scoring position. Even weak shots dribble in just as often as clean wristers. The payoff is just too high not to just skate in and get lucky, if you dump the puck in 9 out of 10 the other team retrieves it, so that doesn't pay off to try, if you skate in and try to cycle you end up turning over the puck a large % of the time so that doesn't pay off enough, and if you do keep a cycle going you can't get it backdoor/crosscrease without it being tipped, intercepted, or goalie making a superman save, the best cycle anymore is get it back to the point and throw it on net and hope to get lucky. Gone are the days of full control of your skater and controlling the puck, working it for open clean shots.

    All you see is quick shots for big rebounds to other wing, or point shots for deflections and rebounds, (oh, and cherry picking of course). The cycle is a dead strategy, it can be done sparingly, but it doesn't pay off well.

    If "the cycle is a dead strategy", then don't use it. Also, low shots to the far side pad to generate rebounds is one of the first things you learn in pee-wee hockey. It creates tons of goals at every level IRL right up to and including the NHL, so maybe you should do that. Crying about deflections and tips is the same thing. The majority of goals scored in the NHL come on tips and deflections, it's one of the reasons why volume shooting, and shot totals for and against are one of the best ways of predicting long term success for teams. There are all sorts of really good stats built around those concepts like CORSI and Fenwick, but I digress. The narrative of "I'm a much better player than most of my opponents and outplay them massively and lose or the game is close way too often because it's the games fault" has reached the point of parody in these forums. It's a bunch of miserable people c.j.-ing each other about how their poor play isn't their fault.

    Are there some major problems with the game? Yes. Are they worth having constructive discussion about to come to a consensus of sorts that EA can take from it's customer base? Absolutely. That doesn't happen here though. It's the same whiny babies, crying and whining the same nonsense. No wonder we don't see the devs around here as much anymore​, there's nothing of value to be taken from anything said here, except maybe the goalie thread. I don't understand why anyone who thinks the game is a "cancer" would continue playing it. It's like if you wanted to find out what being punched in the face felt like, so you paid someone. They hit you in the face and ask "Did you enjoy it all? In any way shape or form?" and you reply "No, it hurt like hell, one of the worst experiences of my life! DO IT AGAIN!". Just do something else if you hate it that much.
  • Rangersny81
    173 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    I don't know if you are trolling here or are just really bad at reading comprehension. "It isn't actively working against you". Meaning the game isn't designed to scr*w you in some way. The word "actively" makes it clear to anyone with a fifth grade reading level or above would understand what that statement meant. Reading is a fundamental life skill, and the ability to understand, process and speak about what you read is going to have a major impact on how people view you. Especially employers or potential employers. You might want to work on those skills a bit, as you seem to be lacking in that area pretty severely. I hope you get the help you need.

    Puck pick-ups and the switching player issue do actively work against you because when they happen it's at your disadvantage. Are they inactively working when they occur? Lol.

    Your argument is that the game doesn't pick a side to win or lose the game in a predetermined fashion. Ok, do you have hard proof of this? You have game code at your disposal to back your claims up? It's all hearsay and opinion until someone unveils the actual game coding.

    Don't come on here speaking like fact when your claims are just as opinionated as anyone else. The fact is there are elements in this game that will work against you.

    Are you in control of your AI taking a penalty, turning the wrong way, or breaking route? Are you in control when you can't switch players? Are you in control when you can't pick a puck up that is laying right in front of you? How does any of this not work against you?

    I bolded the important points for you to answer since it's clear we have to point out the obvious to you.






  • RSall14
    605 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    EA couldn't be bothered to put out patch notes, what a surprise. You guys already know what's in the patch, how do you not have the notes ready for when the patch goes live?
  • Same **** different day

    You can't spell "Steal your Money" without EA involved in the word.
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    If "the cycle is a dead strategy", then don't use it. Also, low shots to the far side pad to generate rebounds is one of the first things you learn in pee-wee hockey. It creates tons of goals at every level IRL right up to and including the NHL, so maybe you should do that. Crying about deflections and tips is the same thing. The majority of goals scored in the NHL come on tips and deflections, it's one of the reasons why volume shooting, and shot totals for and against are one of the best ways of predicting long term success for teams.

    You're just spouting nonsense in the guise of knowledge, as usual. Low shots to the far side pad do not create "tons of goals" at the NHL level, because NHL goalies are good at directing weak shots out of harm's way. Here's a study of the Canucks' rebound opportunities over roughly a year and a half:

    https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/02/05/can-defensemen-control-rebound-opportunities-putting-the-eye-test-to-the-test/

    Out of 5611 shots that resulted in saves, there were only 242 rebound shots (that means 1 in 25 shots resulted in a rebound that in turn led to a follow-up shot). Now, the study doesn't track how many of those rebound shots led to goals, but even if we say that half did (which is absurd), that would still mean that 1 in 50 shots led to a rebound goal. And that's for a team with ordinary goaltending and weak defending. So the idea that there are "tons of goals" being scored off rebound chances in general in the NHL, let alone off weak low shots from outside the circles (which is what everyone justifiably complains about in this game) is laughably wrong.

    And no, the majority of goals in the NHL do not come off tips and deflections. Not even close. In 2013-2014, tip-ins and deflections together accounted for 12.7% of all goals:

    https://www.thestar.com/sports/breakaway_blog/2014/10/goals__how_the_maple_leafs_scored__and_how_everyone_else_in_the_nhl_scored.html

    12.7%, obviously, is an incredibly long way away from a "majority of goals scored."

    Your posts are so bizarre because you make yourself sound so high-and-mighty and act like you're so well-informed, and then you go on to just spout misinformation left and right. Just stop it.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    If "the cycle is a dead strategy", then don't use it. Also, low shots to the far side pad to generate rebounds is one of the first things you learn in pee-wee hockey. It creates tons of goals at every level IRL right up to and including the NHL, so maybe you should do that. Crying about deflections and tips is the same thing. The majority of goals scored in the NHL come on tips and deflections, it's one of the reasons why volume shooting, and shot totals for and against are one of the best ways of predicting long term success for teams.

    You're just spouting nonsense in the guise of knowledge, as usual. Low shots to the far side pad do not create "tons of goals" at the NHL level, because NHL goalies are good at directing weak shots out of harm's way. Here's a study of the Canucks' rebound opportunities over roughly a year and a half:

    https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/02/05/can-defensemen-control-rebound-opportunities-putting-the-eye-test-to-the-test/

    Out of 5611 shots that resulted in saves, there were only 242 rebound shots (that means 1 in 25 shots resulted in a rebound that in turn led to a follow-up shot). Now, the study doesn't track how many of those rebound shots led to goals, but even if we say that half did (which is absurd), that would still mean that 1 in 50 shots led to a rebound goal. And that's for a team with ordinary goaltending and weak defending. So the idea that there are "tons of goals" being scored off rebound chances in general in the NHL, let alone off weak low shots from outside the circles (which is what everyone justifiably complains about in this game) is laughably wrong.

    And no, the majority of goals in the NHL do not come off tips and deflections. Not even close. In 2013-2014, tip-ins and deflections together accounted for 12.7% of all goals:

    https://www.thestar.com/sports/breakaway_blog/2014/10/goals__how_the_maple_leafs_scored__and_how_everyone_else_in_the_nhl_scored.html

    12.7%, obviously, is an incredibly long way away from a "majority of goals scored."

    Your posts are so bizarre because you make yourself sound so high-and-mighty and act like you're so well-informed, and then you go on to just spout misinformation left and right. Just stop it.

    That data only accounts for tips and deflections by teammates. Not all tips and deflections. (Do you watch hockey? Do you realize how many pucks go in because they change direction off of a defenders stick or skate?) I didn't specify that. Good job moving the goal posts though.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    I don't know if you are trolling here or are just really bad at reading comprehension. "It isn't actively working against you". Meaning the game isn't designed to scr*w you in some way. The word "actively" makes it clear to anyone with a fifth grade reading level or above would understand what that statement meant. Reading is a fundamental life skill, and the ability to understand, process and speak about what you read is going to have a major impact on how people view you. Especially employers or potential employers. You might want to work on those skills a bit, as you seem to be lacking in that area pretty severely. I hope you get the help you need.

    Puck pick-ups and the switching player issue do actively work against you because when they happen it's at your disadvantage. Are they inactively working when they occur? Lol.

    Your argument is that the game doesn't pick a side to win or lose the game in a predetermined fashion. Ok, do you have hard proof of this? You have game code at your disposal to back your claims up? It's all hearsay and opinion until someone unveils the actual game coding.

    Don't come on here speaking like fact when your claims are just as opinionated as anyone else. The fact is there are elements in this game that will work against you.

    Are you in control of your AI taking a penalty, turning the wrong way, or breaking route? Are you in control when you can't switch players? Are you in control when you can't pick a puck up that is laying right in front of you? How does any of this not work against you?

    I bolded the important points for you to answer since it's clear we have to point out the obvious to you.






    So you are saying that puck pickups choose to not work based on game situation? THAT would be actively working against you.

    As far as the game not picking a side, I have the word of the developer who posts here on a regular basis. You act as if you know some secret conspiracy, you and all the other tin-foil hatters that infect these forums with your ceaseless braying about "glitch goals" and "TPS is broken" (no, it's not by the way.), and of course the whiny narrative of "I totally outplayed them and still lost, NO FAIR!!"

    It's amazing how you still fail to understand words and what they mean. Enjoy the c.j., it's all you guys do.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    I don't know if you are trolling here or are just really bad at reading comprehension. "It isn't actively working against you". Meaning the game isn't designed to scr*w you in some way. The word "actively" makes it clear to anyone with a fifth grade reading level or above would understand what that statement meant. Reading is a fundamental life skill, and the ability to understand, process and speak about what you read is going to have a major impact on how people view you. Especially employers or potential employers. You might want to work on those skills a bit, as you seem to be lacking in that area pretty severely. I hope you get the help you need.

    Puck pick-ups and the switching player issue do actively work against you because when they happen it's at your disadvantage. Are they inactively working when they occur? Lol.

    Your argument is that the game doesn't pick a side to win or lose the game in a predetermined fashion. Ok, do you have hard proof of this? You have game code at your disposal to back your claims up? It's all hearsay and opinion until someone unveils the actual game coding.

    Don't come on here speaking like fact when your claims are just as opinionated as anyone else. The fact is there are elements in this game that will work against you.

    Are you in control of your AI taking a penalty, turning the wrong way, or breaking route? Are you in control when you can't switch players? Are you in control when you can't pick a puck up that is laying right in front of you? How does any of this not work against you?

    I bolded the important points for you to answer since it's clear we have to point out the obvious to you.






    So you are saying that puck pickups choose to not work based on game situation? THAT would be actively working against you.

    As far as the game not picking a side, I have the word of the developer who posts here on a regular basis. You act as if you know some secret conspiracy, you and all the other tin-foil hatters that infect these forums with your ceaseless braying about "glitch goals" and "TPS is broken" (no, it's not by the way.), and of course the whiny narrative of "I totally outplayed them and still lost, NO FAIR!!"

    It's amazing how you still fail to understand words and what they mean. Enjoy the c.j., it's all you guys do.

    No one thinks there is some kind of mechanic that keeps specific people from winning you fanboy know it all, there are just so many variables to this clusterfu** RNG filled game that sometimes you end up getting screwed and theres nothing you can do about it.

    For instance the AI players that are randomly picked for you in each game in EASHL, sometimes they work terribly together, while the other team has a great set up of AI players due to class selection. Sometimes you get a certain type of goalie that gets lit up and the other team has a different style goalie that is robbing all of the exact same chances, thats just the randomness involved for the AI players that are thrown on your team.

    Then you have sticks breaking which is totally 100% random and ruins chances to score, poke checks either making contact with the puck when the player is facing the complete opposite direction and poking behind him or when you're hip to hip and some how trip someone, both opposite ends of the spectrum that are also random for the same button.

    I could go on for pages about all the things that are out of the players hands that make this game frustrating, this game IS cancer, because it's slowly killing NHL for console gaming and my father died of cancer so I can use that you sally.

    You know why people won't just stop playing if they hate it so much? Because it was fun for a lot longer than it's been frustrating and we're trying to get them to change the route they're taking before the game is total garbage.

    Imagine playing Call of Duty and they introduce bullet misfires, gun jamming, tripping over objects, getting sweat in your eyes and not being able to see, this is what NHL is becoming, a bunch of random stuff that does happen in hockey but doesn't make for a fun gaming experience and is just frustrating to play
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    No one thinks there is some kind of mechanic that keeps specific people from winning you fanboy know it all, there are just so many variables to this clusterfu** RNG filled game that sometimes you end up getting screwed and theres nothing you can do about it.

    For instance the AI players that are randomly picked for you in each game in EASHL, sometimes they work terribly together, while the other team has a great set up of AI players due to class selection. Sometimes you get a certain type of goalie that gets lit up and the other team has a different style goalie that is robbing all of the exact same chances, thats just the randomness involved for the AI players that are thrown on your team.

    Then you have sticks breaking which is totally 100% random and ruins chances to score, poke checks either making contact with the puck when the player is facing the complete opposite direction and poking behind him or when you're hip to hip and some how trip someone, both opposite ends of the spectrum that are also random for the same button.

    I could go on for pages about all the things that are out of the players hands that make this game frustrating, this game IS cancer, because it's slowly killing NHL for console gaming and my father died of cancer so I can use that you sally.

    You know why people won't just stop playing if they hate it so much? Because it was fun for a lot longer than it's been frustrating and we're trying to get them to change the route they're taking before the game is total garbage.

    Imagine playing Call of Duty and they introduce bullet misfires, gun jamming, tripping over objects, getting sweat in your eyes and not being able to see, this is what NHL is becoming, a bunch of random stuff that does happen in hockey but doesn't make for a fun gaming experience and is just frustrating to play

    Well said. As you alluded to, the issues with the gameplay happen randomly. Take the player switching issue. You know it's a problem with the game, but no one can pinpoint exactly when it will occur because it just happens randomly. I know that it's a problem sometimes after faceoffs, but I've had it happen at all sorts of other moments as well.

    Everything is RNG. You don't know if a pass is going to work or not. You don't know if your AI is going to work with you or against you at any given time. The AI doesn't give any heads-up that they are going to abandon their route, leave their man, or turn the wrong way. They just all of the sudden do it, and when it happens, you're screwed.

    The game feels like it's designed for frustration more than fun. The game feels like it's constantly fighting you from a control standpoint.



  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    well, here's ONE thing (among so many) that WASN'T fixed in update 1.07:

    RUDMgxr.gif
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    I don't know if you are trolling here or are just really bad at reading comprehension. "It isn't actively working against you". Meaning the game isn't designed to scr*w you in some way. The word "actively" makes it clear to anyone with a fifth grade reading level or above would understand what that statement meant. Reading is a fundamental life skill, and the ability to understand, process and speak about what you read is going to have a major impact on how people view you. Especially employers or potential employers. You might want to work on those skills a bit, as you seem to be lacking in that area pretty severely. I hope you get the help you need.

    Puck pick-ups and the switching player issue do actively work against you because when they happen it's at your disadvantage. Are they inactively working when they occur? Lol.

    Your argument is that the game doesn't pick a side to win or lose the game in a predetermined fashion. Ok, do you have hard proof of this? You have game code at your disposal to back your claims up? It's all hearsay and opinion until someone unveils the actual game coding.

    Don't come on here speaking like fact when your claims are just as opinionated as anyone else. The fact is there are elements in this game that will work against you.

    Are you in control of your AI taking a penalty, turning the wrong way, or breaking route? Are you in control when you can't switch players? Are you in control when you can't pick a puck up that is laying right in front of you? How does any of this not work against you?

    I bolded the important points for you to answer since it's clear we have to point out the obvious to you.






    So you are saying that puck pickups choose to not work based on game situation? THAT would be actively working against you.

    As far as the game not picking a side, I have the word of the developer who posts here on a regular basis. You act as if you know some secret conspiracy, you and all the other tin-foil hatters that infect these forums with your ceaseless braying about "glitch goals" and "TPS is broken" (no, it's not by the way.), and of course the whiny narrative of "I totally outplayed them and still lost, NO FAIR!!"

    It's amazing how you still fail to understand words and what they mean. Enjoy the c.j., it's all you guys do.

    No one thinks there is some kind of mechanic that keeps specific people from winning you fanboy know it all, there are just so many variables to this clusterfu** RNG filled game that sometimes you end up getting screwed and theres nothing you can do about it.

    For instance the AI players that are randomly picked for you in each game in EASHL, sometimes they work terribly together, while the other team has a great set up of AI players due to class selection. Sometimes you get a certain type of goalie that gets lit up and the other team has a different style goalie that is robbing all of the exact same chances, thats just the randomness involved for the AI players that are thrown on your team.

    Then you have sticks breaking which is totally 100% random and ruins chances to score, poke checks either making contact with the puck when the player is facing the complete opposite direction and poking behind him or when you're hip to hip and some how trip someone, both opposite ends of the spectrum that are also random for the same button.

    I could go on for pages about all the things that are out of the players hands that make this game frustrating, this game IS cancer, because it's slowly killing NHL for console gaming and my father died of cancer so I can use that you sally.

    You know why people won't just stop playing if they hate it so much? Because it was fun for a lot longer than it's been frustrating and we're trying to get them to change the route they're taking before the game is total garbage.

    Imagine playing Call of Duty and they introduce bullet misfires, gun jamming, tripping over objects, getting sweat in your eyes and not being able to see, this is what NHL is becoming, a bunch of random stuff that does happen in hockey but doesn't make for a fun gaming experience and is just frustrating to play

    Thank You, well said!
    DeeJ, I don't think the games are purposely predetermined BUT How would you explain off the FACT that my poke check is ALLOWED TO physically pass through the puck HOWEVER make contact with opponents skates causing a tripping penalty. What determines when my poke check WILL or WILL NOT work?? What determines when things are SOLID objects vs INVISIBLE objects (ie stick passing thru puck BUT hitting skates)?? To me, those things make the game FEEL predetermined.
    When my Best Friend misses the poke check (because his stick passes through the puck) and it leads to my shot getting through resulting in the GWG (we both go back and watch the replay after the game), what are we supposed to think...it FEELS like my shot was meant to get through and I was meant to Win that particular game
  • This game is so bad , players don't pick up the puck , player feels like he can turn , player delay, lag, at times my player skates on his own for no reason at all , to many penalties , drop in game mode is so bad takes to long to get a 6vs 6 game always 3 on 3 , just brutal .......
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank god I'm spending my saturday at a Table Hockey club. No glitching,no Ice Tilt oh god I swore! :open_mouth: Just good ol fun face to face with people!
  • Thank god I'm spending my saturday at a Table Hockey club. No glitching,no Ice Tilt oh god I swore! :open_mouth: Just good ol fun face to face with people!

    If the table isnt level , it may be tilted in someone's favor ... And after a few beers and joints, I bet there will be some lag .
  • The update made it 10,000 times worse **** EA ! my AI are absolutely brain dead, 3 games in a row they've worked against me, I've lost 3 games in a row since the patch and every game my team couldn't pick up a loose puck, I keep hitting posts, I'm getting killed by super human goalies and I'm getting the weakest most random trash goals scored against me. This is just beyond frustrating at this point. The random spinning is out of control, the acceleration is non existent and the game speed is so slow it's just ridiculous. The game is completely garage.
  • Thank god I'm spending my saturday at a Table Hockey club. No glitching,no Ice Tilt oh god I swore! :open_mouth: Just good ol fun face to face with people!

    It's been a long time since anything here on this forum made me laugh.

    For that I salute you,..."kitchener_boy"!

  • still no updated patch notes wow way to treat the players and the community
  • Follisimo
    1093 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    well, here's ONE thing (among so many) that WASN'T fixed in update 1.07:

    RUDMgxr.gif

    Oh I know that feeling all to well. Somehow the goalie pad decides it's going to arc up in an unrealistic manner. You would think they would do a better job at making the goalie pads flush with the ice, but nooooooooooope

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!