EA Forums - Banner

Delay lag

This whole ice tilt thing stems from delay lag. There is a lag that isn't the lag like type but one where you feel as though you're in quicksand. Every movement takes longer, passes and shots are off, etc... the way I can tell if there is delay lag is if the auto back skate doesn't work. Meaning the defense, when controlling them, don't face the puck. I know EA could care less who wins each game but there clearly is this delay lag and it gives a clear advantage to the other team.

The first step is admitting there is a problem.

Replies

• Yeah there is and it's always much worse on one players end
  • 100% Agree... if you get it then your like a half second behind on every play...cant get pass off in time...cant hit properly...shots are off...get beat on defense because of delayed reaction...wont pick up the puck efficiently (slight delay in your players ability to pickup)...delay in you players ability to hustle causing opponents catching you on the back check...becomes one sided
  • Agree with all above. Plus I've noticed the cheeeesiest team always seem to move quicker than team full of studs. And it is not in my head as certain people here (EA agents) will tell you.
    Has anyone also noticed like any video game this game repeats it self. Ex: Say ur winning 3-0. All of sudden u have a breakaway or 2on 1 and their goalie makes this ridiculously ridiculous save. Next thing u know it anything u throw at the net hits a stone wall. But ur opponent scores one, than another and another. All of a sudden a blow out became OT. And then couple minutes into OT ur opponent throws this shot on net and somehow this puck has eyes and goes in the net. You lose.
    Almost like a movie. Again this is not in my head but what I saw on the screen. It just becomes arcade instead of simulation.
    But it's hockey and I still love it.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm having a lot of games lately where I outshoot the opposite but still lose with 1-0. Can be as sick as 38-9 in shots. Still it's impossible to score for me. Haha. I'm down in division 5 now due to a lot of strange games going on, not exactly where I'm used to be... ^^
  • Nemomen42 wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of games lately where I outshoot the opposite but still lose with 1-0. Can be as sick as 38-9 in shots. Still it's impossible to score for me. Haha. I'm down in division 5 now due to a lot of strange games going on, not exactly where I'm used to be... ^^

choose your spots more carefully and cycle the puck until you get a prime scoring chance, rather than simply putting puck on net (which you should do, just not 100% of time)
  • Tried that. It's not a matter of just being slow. It affects everything from turning, deking, passing, etc. it seems when it's going on the other team will be hitting or poking a breakout pass almost before it even gets to the player. This creating a turnover->breakaway-> forehand, backhand-> goal -> watch the replay
  • I get this 90% of the games I play and can definitely tell when my opponent has it aswell. So it's not a momentum thing. If you don't experience it your extremely lucky as it takes away the competitive aspect of the game. I work for my isp and get slow internet calls for slow internet and then find out its their kids complaining about NHL only. Madden Fifa COD all fine. People still blame it on tilt but is definitely not when bronze players can play better then the rarest of rares from the start of a game when there no momentum at all. That probably why they came out with synergies so it would give you one more thing to blame instead of their server connection problems.

Seems to be a server connectivity issue mostly on the west coast as we don't see many complaints for the east. Keep hoping they will put some effort into the product instead of the packs.

• Best thing is when some guy think they are king of the game just because they outplay you, and there you are on the other side with a second of delay, fighting for your life to even get away a pass when you want and hopefully in the right direction... Haha! In the last games the favorite game of "trying to pick up a free puck but you just circle around it" arrived again. Remind me why I still play this game? I take a break, then get back on it, just to find myself wanting to throw the controller in the wall when realizing again that the game is so wrong in many ways. I do get some nice games from time to time, where everything is smooth and if I lose I do it because I play bad, not because the ai or other things make me lose. Oh I wish so much for a game in the future that you will play and feel "hey, this game is great"...
  • Nemomen42 wrote: »
    Best thing is when some guy think they are king of the game just because they outplay you, and there you are on the other side with a second of delay, fighting for your life to even get away a pass when you want and hopefully in the right direction... Haha! In the last games the favorite game of "trying to pick up a free puck but you just circle around it" arrived again. Remind me why I still play this game? I take a break, then get back on it, just to find myself wanting to throw the controller in the wall when realizing again that the game is so wrong in many ways. I do get some nice games from time to time, where everything is smooth and if I lose I do it because I play bad, not because the ai or other things make me lose. Oh I wish so much for a game in the future that you will play and feel "hey, this game is great"...

It'll never happen, everyone will always find something to complain about lol the fact that the menus are that laggy is telling though, there is a huge issue with lag and delay in this game even with a good connection. Until that's fixed, gameplay fixes will be unnoticed.
  • Levis9999 wrote: »
    I get this 90% of the games I play and can definitely tell when my opponent has it aswell. So it's not a momentum thing. If you don't experience it your extremely lucky as it takes away the competitive aspect of the game. I work for my isp and get slow internet calls for slow internet and then find out its their kids complaining about NHL only. Madden Fifa COD all fine. People still blame it on tilt but is definitely not when bronze players can play better then the rarest of rares from the start of a game when there no momentum at all. That probably why they came out with synergies so it would give you one more thing to blame instead of their server connection problems.

Seems to be a server connectivity issue mostly on the west coast as we don't see many complaints for the east. Keep hoping they will put some effort into the product instead of the packs.
    Actually I'm in NY east coast and we get the same. It's not only EA servers. Sometimes it's OP
    and their connection. Always let intro play out and when goalies show hit start on Xbox and u can see the graph with connectivity. If it's like 10-15-10 ms delay, u'll have a great game and lose only if the OP is more skilled. If you see any of the graphs read like 150 ms or greater, u'll have a very lag filled crazy game.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    Agree with all above. Plus I've noticed the cheeeesiest team always seem to move quicker than team full of studs. And it is not in my head as certain people here (EA agents) will tell you.
    Has anyone also noticed like any video game this game repeats it self. Ex: Say ur winning 3-0. All of sudden u have a breakaway or 2on 1 and their goalie makes this ridiculously ridiculous save. Next thing u know it anything u throw at the net hits a stone wall. But ur opponent scores one, than another and another. All of a sudden a blow out became OT. And then couple minutes into OT ur opponent throws this shot on net and somehow this puck has eyes and goes in the net. You lose.
    Almost like a movie. Again this is not in my head but what I saw on the screen. It just becomes arcade instead of simulation.
    But it's hockey and I still love it.

Experienced this in my last 2 games, rage quit both games. absolutely no synergies active, no coach and a bunch of 88 rated players. ive spent the last few months hustling up coins to accumulate some of the highest/fastest rated players in the game, activate as many synergies as possible to get wiped by these opponents. i wont blame my opponent for it but its so discouraging to play this game and upgrade players/synergies thinking your team will perform better.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Well you need to perform better most likely. I destroy these teams and I love it! Bring on your 88 Thornton that is your best player I will work your team!
  • the skill level of these opponents wasnt anything special, before the update i would work them yes and get the occasional lagger who would dance around me. im in div 1 and now getting div 3 opponents with these 87-88 teams who absolutely fly around the ice while my guys are pulling their feet out of the mud or putting their phone back in their pocket before they decide to turn and go with the puck
  • I don't think I ever meet someone in div 1 with low attribute team that doesn't deservs to be there skill wise, all of them is annoyingly good at avoid getting hit otherwise they wouldn't constantly overcome much better teams while there is plenty with of star teams that you wounder **** they are doing in highest division.
  • Might have found out something about the input lag problem. It could be routing you off servers in ridiculous locations during the game. In cmd type tracert easo.com and look up the ip it's routing you to, or dl an app to run the test. I was getting Indonesia and Mexico in one test and my pong was jumping to 200ms when hitting them and back down to 15ms when hitting ea's server in redwood CA. Then I look on google for 15 min and find out its been happening since nhl15 so don't ever expect a fix on there end. I'm sure people are hesitant to share fixes aswell then they would have to play straight up.