EA Forums - Banner

MOV McDavid 99?

Replies

  • Who do you guys think the snubbed five players will be? I'm pretty sure about Gibson being one, but who else? :smile:
  • Stfx96
    346 posts Member
    Who do you guys think the snubbed five players will be? I'm pretty sure about Gibson being one, but who else? :smile:
    I would think Forsberg and possibly Ristolainen would be in there.
  • Kucherov. Unless they put him on oTOTY
  • Yea, but wasn't this TOTY's rule that player is still playing on his entry level contract or something like that?
    Because if there wasn't some certain rule like that, Kucherov for example would have surely gotten a first line Young Guns TOTY.

    There must be some rule that prevented guys like Kuch, Scheifele, Hamilton and Ristolainen from getting in :grimace:

  • That's right. This year the YoungGuns TOTY has only players with an entry level contract. I read it somewhere on reddit and EA confirmed it on there page as well. The 5 missing guys should have an entry level contract as well.
  • daflow23 wrote: »
    That's right. This year the YoungGuns TOTY has only players with an entry level contract. I read it somewhere on reddit and EA confirmed it on there page as well. The 5 missing guys should have an entry level contract as well.

    Good to hear. I really hope for Tckackcuckh and Aho getting one :blush:
  • Marner Sheary and Fat Keith Tkachuk's son
  • Levis9999 wrote: »
    Marner Sheary and Fat Keith Tkachuk's son

    Marner was already in the team.
  • The snubbed players are:
    89 Carlo - HH(2) SB(2) T(3) IO(2) WC(3)

    92 Aho - DD(2) PP(2) WW(2) CG(3) CS(3)

    93 Provorov - PP(2) TW(3) CC(2) BL(2) TK(3)

    92 Drouin - DD(2) PP(2) TT(3) PH(2) X(3)

    91 Vasilevskiy - TT(3) TW(2) T(3) WC(2) LB(2)


  • daflow23 wrote: »
    The snubbed players are:
    89 Carlo - HH(2) SB(2) T(3) IO(2) WC(3)

    92 Aho - DD(2) PP(2) WW(2) CG(3) CS(3)

    93 Provorov - PP(2) TW(3) CC(2) BL(2) TK(3)

    92 Drouin - DD(2) PP(2) TT(3) PH(2) X(3)

    91 Vasilevskiy - TT(3) TW(2) T(3) WC(2) LB(2)


    Thanks !
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Look at their poise. Laine and panarin are the only real steals here.

    Yessir
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    Look at their poise. Laine and panarin are the only real steals here.

    Yessir

    What does Poise actually do?
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Look up definition of poise and that's what it does.
  • noun

    noun: poise

    1.
    graceful and elegant bearing in a person.
    "poise and good deportment can be cultivated"

    synonyms: grace, gracefulness, elegance, balance, control
    "poise and good deportment"


    •composure and dignity of manner.
    "at least he had a moment to think, to recover his poise"


    synonyms: composure, equanimity, self-possession, aplomb, presence of mind, self-assurance, self-control, nerve, calm, sangfroid, dignity; More
    informalcool, unflappability


    *Now lets apply this to a video game is what I was referring...putting my degree to work this morning geez
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    See composure on the ice basically continuing to do what they are supposed to do. Awareness matters sure but poise makes sure they keep doing it. The AI that is.
  • Finch1965
    256 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    Look at their poise. Laine and panarin are the only real steals here.

    Yessir

    What does Poise actually do?

    In the German version it says "Gleichgewicht". The 1:1 translation for "Gleichgewicht" is "balance". There is already a physical balance skill in the game as part of the skating skills, so I supose poise is related to the mental balance (related to self-confidence etc.). As far as I know "poise" is a multiplicator for several other skills, e.g. face-offs. A player with better poise is more focussed/poised and therefore you have a better chance to win the face-off. Players with poise have a higher "luck" factor.
  • basically... it increases your chance of being able to snipe a goal in last minutes of game
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    basically... it increases your chance of being able to snipe a goal in last minutes of game

    Or make that save/defensive play
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    basically... it increases your chance of being able to snipe a goal in last minutes of game

    Or make that save/defensive play

    yessir.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    What goalie has the highest poise?!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!