EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Wishlist

Prev1
aosc
16 posts Member
edited May 2017
Let me know if you think that some of these ideas are stupid and I should take out and feel free to put a comment down below and I may add it in!

NHL 18 Wishlist:

Quitting:

You should automatically get the loss if you quit when there is a goal scored in the first minute.

In HUT Game:

Be able to edit lines and switch goalies at all times.

Pregame:

Don't show best player on screen, just the network performance. Also don't show goalie stats.

Player Stats Screen:

When seeing all of your players point totals, penalties, +/- etc. Add player TOI average per game for each individual player. I say this because I want to know what my player produces in his ice time. A 1st Line player for me in some games only gets 10 minutes so saying he only get X amount of points on the 1st line is kind of irrelevant.

Ability to see the Country:

You should be able to see the country that your opponent is in because some connections are just always bad even when the connection says good.

Captain Cards & Contracts:

I miss this, we should be able to have captains for our Ultimate Team that we have created. Honestly what is the point of contracts? This isn't Franchise Mode. It's not the price that bugs me it's the point that it gets annoying constantly putting more on every game.

There should be a passing power stat and a passing accuracy stat:

Players with low passing accuracy will miss no look passes from a distance.

Missed One Timers:

Happens way to much, especially D to D. Mostly in HUT.

Computer Hitting:

Online computer hitting in my opinion should be next to none. I hate when people use their AI, takes no skill and makes the game less fun.

Puck chop glitch:

When skating to the boards and puck chopping, your guy gets stuck and can't move his feet. Mostly in EASHL.

Back-checking Stat:

There should be a stat like this in the game where if the CPU player has 99 back-checking he will never give up on the play.

Intimidation Stat:

There should be one in this game. AI Patrick Kane should not go up and try to hit Chara/Byfuglien, let alone knock him down.

Dump Ins:

There should be a dump in button added into the game. Example: If you press L1+R1 the puck will be dumped into the corner. I know there is R1 to dump the puck, but the puck always seems to go wrap around the boards instead of going into the corner. If I hold R1, the puck usually goes over the glass/netting.

Puck Control:

If a player is not moving because they set the controller down. They should have like 0 puck control. It shouldn't take a couple seconds to rip the puck off of his stick.

Player Acceleration:

A player should not be able to accelerate when on the backhand or forehand unless holding X/A. Especially should not be able to hold the puck all the way back and do circles.

Goalies:

I feel that goalies just aren't good enough. I just think Goalie movements for reaction speed could be a little quicker. Rebound reaction speed is fine if anything they are too quick. Goalies shouldn't commit to the first deke when a player has a breakaway. EASHL goalies get stuck on their back/**** and it takes 5 seconds just to get back up or move.

Goalie Consistency Stat:

They should get a 0-2 Rating like there is offline.

0-Completely Inconsistent. Can be good for a few then be bad for a few.
1-Good more often then not. Maybe plays to their level 3/4 games.
2-Plays to their level 9/10 games.

Goalie Ingame Stat:

People shouldn't be allowed to see a goalies record because then they quit. They should automatically get the loss.

Goaltender Interference Calls:

Just needs to improve a little. Not gonna go into detail.

Injury's:

Turn up injury's a little bit. I've seen hits from a player all the way across the ice and absolutely destroy the guy but yet the guy gets right back up and starts playing like he's a Superstar. Also maybe add goalie injuries but please don't make it a regular occurrence. Only if he gets laid out and flies 10 feet.

HUT Solo Challenges:

Should be similar to the ones in Madden. You get coins for each one, it increases every one you win. Every so many games you get a pack. The packs could be like a normal pack or division title packs.

Draft Champion Awards:

There should at least be new cards every once in a while. Better Awards overall would be nice.

Arena Progression in HUT:

Should be able to pick a horn & a goal song if we want them from different teams. Also including the layout of the stadium.

Synergies:

I love how they added this in HUT. Only thing I wish differently is to see stats actually upgrade in green or something when you go to player info.

Market Search:

I would like it to be like Madden Mobile. You can have a range between the overalls. You can pick all the positions that you want. Can pick all the teams that you want. You can search a players name. I like how we are able to search the country and card level.

GM Connected:

This was an Online Be A GM Mode, problems in the past was it was to slow but this was a chance to trade real NHL players but with other real minds. One thing that they should take out if they add this back in is trade values. Make people guess players values. Make sure we are able to send messages with the trade reasoning why it is a good deal for both parties. Come on EA! This would be so awesome!
Post edited by aosc on

Replies

• 1. Get rid of goalie records
    2. Get rid of top player at menu
    3. Do not show your opponents name. Can only look after.
    4. Once you click start you can't back out without a loss, even before the puck drops (since we have connection shown prior to start)
    5. Players shouldn't be able to intercept passes with their back to the puck
    6. Players should not be able to accelerate when holding forehand or backhand
    7. Fix the gd passing
    8. Dedicated servers. P2P ruins HUT more than anything else.
  • aosc
    16 posts Member
    HEP2214 wrote: »
    1. Get rid of goalie records
    2. Get rid of top player at menu
    3. Do not show your opponents name. Can only look after.
    4. Once you click start you can't back out without a loss, even before the puck drops (since we have connection shown prior to start)
    5. Players shouldn't be able to intercept passes with their back to the puck
    6. Players should not be able to accelerate when holding forehand or backhand
    7. Fix the gd passing
    8. Dedicated servers. P2P ruins HUT more than anything else.

Added a couple, I apologize I forgot that I had this thread up.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    What?! No so many of these are wrong. I'm not playing someone if I can't see there name see if they are gonna desync me or if their connection is awful! Also if they ip boot me. Some of these are very wrong
    I'm sorry you can't find games but there may be a real reason as to why you can't.

You can reset your goalies stats that isn't a problem.

However dedicated servers would fix this issue of desync and ip booting
  • aosc
    16 posts Member
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    What?! No so many of these are wrong. I'm not playing someone if I can't see there name see if they are gonna desync me or if their connection is awful! Also if they ip boot me. Some of these are very wrong
    I'm sorry you can't find games but there may be a real reason as to why you can't.

I didn't add in the one where you can't see the players name. I did add the goalie stats one in though because you shouldn't be able to see the other goalies stats. People quit because of it.
  • aosc wrote: »
    h8ttrick wrote: »

I didn't add in the one where you can't see the players name. I did add the goalie stats one in though because you shouldn't be able to see the other goalies stats. People quit because of it.

yea but like he said you can always reset your stats, so what difference does it really make?
  • I miss captain cards.
  • aosc
    16 posts Member
    rogerh2088 wrote: »
    I miss captain cards.

I do as well, I might add that in there.
  • am i the only one who wants to do be a GM mode for a swedish team and go to some world cup style event and defeat the NHL squads. or KHL. they need some sillier GM mode features like no retirement mode or like legend rosters
  • Be able to see the country you are connected to.
    LOL the UK to Finland issue is a nightmare you can have good connection but it still plays dreadful
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    Fix this broken game

There's nothing majorly wrong with the game. The problem must be at your end :neutral:
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    Fix this broken game

There's nothing majorly wrong with the game. The problem must be at your end :neutral:

play nice
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Mitt is right though the game plays pretty much perfectly. The randomness of a hockey game is there with the ups and downs. The connection stuff is the real issue however even that plays the way they programed it to be. So really it's not broken it just isn't as user friendly as we would like it to be...
  • i agree.
  • I think every team in the game needs to be a set. Whether it is flashbacks/ or packs. You can even make it tradable now as you lose your cards to do them. Seems like no point to buy bronze and silver packs but for special cards. I know they have some sets now but it's not enough.

Also I'd like to see more to do with sets besides carbons. Maybe even solo challenges to complete like madden. In Hut you can buy the set cards for less than the cost to do them which defeats the purpose.

Better draft rewards.

Customizable arena progression in Hut, maybe not too crazy as some designs look weird in eashl. It's already in eashl anyways.

If ea really wants to get greedy on the micro transaction add in the option to buy arena upgrades/unlocks with points.

Not sure if anyone would like the idea but I would like to see them merge some small feature of franchise mode into Hut such as:

Arena upgrades
    Parking
    Merchandise
    Promotions
    Team location

Some of these features could add weekly/game based extra coins. Nothing crazy but would be a reason to play more, stay to one account and something more to do. I mean all the features are in the game just not in one mode.
  • I find switching players this year is BRUTAL!! Never switches to the player I want and by the time it does finally get to him the puck is either in my net or the player has blown by me. Icings can be improved as well, nothing worse than when your about to beat out an icing call and the player switches to their goalie and blocks your path and then you get called for the damn icing.
  • they need to remove the P2P servers, get rid of synergies and bring back the old style of Hot / Cold players. then they need to work on the Hybrid controls since half the Controller is not used and even bring back the alternative controls in skill stick!
  • Blz3429 wrote: »
    they need to remove the P2P servers, get rid of synergies and bring back the old style of Hot / Cold players. then they need to work on the Hybrid controls since half the Controller is not used and even bring back the alternative controls in skill stick!

Synergies are way better than chemistry. Please, don't bring that back! :sweat::anguished:
  • aosc
    16 posts Member
    Blz3429 wrote: »
    they need to remove the P2P servers, get rid of synergies and bring back the old style of Hot / Cold players. then they need to work on the Hybrid controls since half the Controller is not used and even bring back the alternative controls in skill stick!

Synergies are way better than chemistry. Please, don't bring that back! :sweat::anguished:

I agree.
  • aosc
    16 posts Member
    hut6654345 wrote: »
    I think every team in the game needs to be a set. Whether it is flashbacks/ or packs. You can even make it tradable now as you lose your cards to do them. Seems like no point to buy bronze and silver packs but for special cards. I know they have some sets now but it's not enough.

Also I'd like to see more to do with sets besides carbons. Maybe even solo challenges to complete like madden. In Hut you can buy the set cards for less than the cost to do them which defeats the purpose.

Better draft rewards.

Customizable arena progression in Hut, maybe not too crazy as some designs look weird in eashl. It's already in eashl anyways.

If ea really wants to get greedy on the micro transaction add in the option to buy arena upgrades/unlocks with points.

Not sure if anyone would like the idea but I would like to see them merge some small feature of franchise mode into Hut such as:

Arena upgrades
    Parking
    Merchandise
    Promotions
    Team location

Some of these features could add weekly/game based extra coins. Nothing crazy but would be a reason to play more, stay to one account and something more to do. I mean all the features are in the game just not in one mode.

Added better draft rewards, arena upgrades, & solo challenges. May add the team sets later.