EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Same color jersey's

Why is this still a thing?

This game has been developed for more then two decades. If both teams choose home or away jersey's DON'T LET THE GAME START!!!!!

Problem fixed.

Replies

• Fully agree.
  • One step further with this. Home team can choose ANY available jersey. AFTER they do that the away team can choose from any opposite jersey. Allow each side 15 seconds to decide.
  • Teams should have to choose from one of six preset jerseys, all of them eerily similar with little discernible difference.

It should provide the illusion of choice and parity.
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • Its like Russian roulette, but just gives you eye strain ,and stress headaches.
  • It is still a thing because people like to troll and not every league has the same home/away jersey set up.
  • Could there not be a way to easily designate whether a team's jersey is white or colored? It doesn't seem like that part is rocket science in any form.
  • No what we need is the same thing fifa has......... For those who don't play fifa :

We pick our team in this case our line's , our jersey then , we search for a game. The game auto changes the other players (kit) it works about 90% of the time.

This also saves the 15 mins at the start of a vs game while both players make changes to lines which still can't be saved in NHL.
  • I don't know about FIFA, but in the NHL series many teams have a list of 3 or more of each (home/away) jerseys, so auto selecting probably wouldn't be feasible. You could easily do it if each team only had one home/away/alt.
  • It is what it is because fixing it takes time and resources, and apparently this series gets neither of those things. But, the price tag still remains at AAA status even with the bargain basement upgrades that it gets year to year.
  • my fav are the kids with a dark away jersey and a darker home jersey.

"BUT I WANT TO WEAR MYYYYYYYYYYYYY COSTUME OF CHOICE REGARDLESS IF I AM AWAY!!!!!"

we literally have touched nothing - no jersey changes, no stadium changes.... nothing, as a D1 club.

we have white and a blue jersey and play at the local rink / senior citizens bingo hall (bingo is Wednesday nights only).
  • VeNOM2099
    2588 posts Member
    I think the solution would be to make every jersey have a tag; either "LIGHT" or "DARK". Each team must have a LIGHT and a DARK jersey design (no making all jerseys the same). Home team gets to pick their jersey first. Whatever type they selected to start the game, the other team is limited to picking the remaining type. So if home team picks LIGHT type, away team can only pick from DARK jerseys.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• As stated earlier, the problem still arises for those idiot clubs (small in number as they may be) with dark or light for all of their jerseys (alts too) and they just wanna be r3tards.

What should happen is the home team picks their jersey, then the away team is limited to the options they have as far as color palette goes. In club, if the scenario stated above comes, the game should load a default EA jersey for that away team.

In drop, if the home team picks Anaheim with their Orange jerseys, the away shouldn't be able to select the Flames red jerseys (as an example) or any other "dark" jersey from any other team regardless of league.

Anyone worried about time wasting I can see your point.....a suggestion would be to knock off 30 secs in the drop-in selects. They're too long anyways. Usually club is more organized with getting the game started with urgency anyway so that shouldn't be an issue.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD VI / D6 NatioN - Our EASHL games are available here on YouTube and Twitch!
  • Also you know you can quit any time up two one min and the game doesn't count?
  • I don't know about FIFA, but in the NHL series many teams have a list of 3 or more of each (home/away) jerseys, so auto selecting probably wouldn't be feasible. You could easily do it if each team only had one home/away/alt.

Some have 2 kits others have 3. Just port it from FIFA. Its all they do anyway.
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »
    Also you know you can quit any time up two one min and the game doesn't count?

In eashl?
  • This is the Exact reason why we can't have nice things! To many childish maroons want to be jerk offs just to F*** with the other team/people because they can and will and EA allows it!!
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »

This doesn't work in NHL17. Did in the past but that two minute grace period is gone.
  • RSall14
    510 posts Member
    Marc110_98 wrote: »

This doesn't work in NHL17. Did in the past but that two minute grace period is gone.

Pretty sure EASHL is the only mode that doesn't have it. HUT still allows people to quit out before the 1 min mark.
  • sethamphetamines
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The answer is so simple, that it's embarrassing EA hasn't fixed this yet.

What you see on your screen, other players don't have to see on theirs.

I use one camera angle, someone else uses a different one. I use only teammate identifiers, someone else has rainbow triangles all over their screen above every player.

Let me pick my jersey, and then choose to see which of the opponents jersey I see in the game! As a bonus, throw in a generic all white and all black option for those idiots who pick dark colored shoulders and sleeves for their away jersey that is impossible to tell the difference from a high camera angle.

I remember playing unreal tournament (the first one) where I could have custom skins for other players. They didn't know that they looked like Homer Simpson on my screen.

I mean, really, the complete absence of thought towards the little things like this is the most frustrating. There is absolutely zero types of "neat little things" that show any thought at all went into this game.

Look at Breath of the Wild or GTA, those games are nothing but "neat little things" that push those games into the greatest ever category. They are the hallmarks of a team that cares and loves their product.

And before any of you critical thinking challenged people respond with the difference in dev time, save it. This game is 93% the same year after year. They certainly have the time to think up some nice little convenience features to improve user experience. I'm not asking for the same level of detail, just a few touches to make the user experience something other than frustrating, which is the first word that comes to mind when I think if this game.

Ah, who am I kidding. 3 games on this 4 years old generation and we still have laggy menu screens.
  • The answer is so simple, that it's embarrassing EA hasn't fixed this yet.

What you see on your screen, other players don't have to see on theirs.

I use one camera angle, someone else uses a different one. I use only teammate identifiers, someone else has rainbow triangles all over their screen above every player.

Let me pick my jersey, and then choose to see which of the opponents jersey I see in the game! As a bonus, throw in a generic all white and all black option for those **** who pick dark colored shoulders and sleeves for their away jersey that is impossible to tell the difference from a high camera angle.

I remember playing unreal tournament (the first one) where I could have custom skins for other players. They didn't know that they looked like Homer Simpson on my screen.

I mean, really, the complete absence of thought towards the little things like this is the most frustrating. There is absolutely zero types of "neat little things" that show any thought at all went into this game.

Look at Breath of the Wild or GTA, those games are nothing but "neat little things" that push those games into the greatest ever category. They are the hallmarks of a team that cares and loves their product.

And before any of you critical thinking challenged people respond with the difference in dev time, save it. This game is 93% the same year after year. They certainly have the time to think up some nice little convenience features to improve user experience. I'm not asking for the same level of detail, just a few touches to make the user experience something other than frustrating, which is the first word that comes to mind when I think if this game.

Ah, who am I kidding. 3 games on this 4 years old generation and we still have laggy menu screens.

Fully agreed. Nice post.