EA Forums - Banner

Will be NHL 18 on PC?

Prev1
Hi,i just want to ask if NHL 18 will be finally for PC :( i waiting so long for it and im not the only one..

Replies

• B_Bunny
    889 posts Moderator
    NHL 18 hasnt even been announced yet.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    No chqnce
  • DanneyG
    85 posts Member
    never happen, and not because of a lack of profits or market because this crap game on steam would sell packs like rock to crack heads.

They will NEVER put in on PC again because the PC game is fixable. We used to have communities built on the simple purpose of fixing EA's offerings. And there were amazing things done with those games from 2001-2009 .. 2004 being the highlight of the add-on era.

What that did however was show how poorly these games were made. From graphic mistakes, rosters, gameplay tweaks and actual game model reconstructions, the communities made EA look like fools.

• I keep asking the same question every year. Seems like nobody really knows the true answer. Probably the same reason why there's no roster share. Must be that business decision.

Yes it would cost something to enter that market, but it would also make money of course
    So yeah. I think updated roster is obviously still one of the key reasons people buy the "new" game for $60 every year, so they don't wanna community do it for and share with others for free.

I'll keep them under pressure tho, they better don't let me dominate the PC market with that 2KHS mod! :)
  • No. Low selling game = not worth a pc release.
  • The hackers alone would make the PC version unplayable, we still don't have a working vision control or decent puck pickups, if they released a PC version everyone would just complain about people glitching games out and hacking.
  • flyextacy
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Or the modders would fix and improve upon what the developers couldn't. See fallout/witcher/skyrim for example.

And console versions are plagued by desynch as is so seems like this is a moot point.
  • Since the FIFA Series is on the PC ans the games will all use the easily portable Frostbite engine now, there really is no reason why EA wouldn't release a PC port of the Xbox One/PS4 version on Origin like they have done with FIFA for years. I really hope it happens, I'd buy an NHL game every year.
  • ja byche chel nhl 18 PC
  • Since the FIFA Series is on the PC ans the games will all use the easily portable Frostbite engine now, there really is no reason why EA wouldn't release a PC port of the Xbox One/PS4 version on Origin like they have done with FIFA for years. I really hope it happens, I'd buy an NHL game every year.

That's not the reason. FiFA sells millions worldwide. And NHL sells million worldwide.

Fifa is a bigger game = more money. NHL is worth making on PC.
  • Santini3
    482 posts Member
    Why do people ask this question every year? Just do a Google search or better yet... Just realize that it's never going to happen. Hockey is made fun of around most of the world (to my and your dismay)
  • beer354
    48 posts Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    Why do people ask this question every year? Just do a Google search or better yet... Just realize that it's never going to happen. Hockey is made fun of around most of the world (to my and your dismay)

+10
  • rcompton78
    232 posts Member
    As much as I agree that this will likely never happen. With xbox one and windows 10 OS'es slowly coming closer together it is a possibility, albeit a small one, that we will see NHL on windows at some point in our lives.
  • T0ph3rrr
    30 posts Member
    Not a shot. The second they put this thing back on PC, it gets RE'd day one and their little handicapping secret is out in the open.
  • Hope so, but if not, wy not xbox play anywhere aka crossplay win 10-xlive , would that work?
  • PaavoPrkl wrote: »
    Hope so, but if not, wy not xbox play anywhere aka crossplay win 10-xlive , would that work?

Because then EA would be abandoning their own platform, Origin. Of course, it's pretty clear EA doesn't care about their own platform anyway when they completely disregard the PC community's requests for sports games on PC year after year.

yeah, forgot origin, even though i tried the access little bit.

They should Just give in to the lord and savior GabeN and make a NHL steam version, better platform, more exposure = selling games like potatoes in a grocery-store.

But no, console only, and wonders why the franchise is not selling. Imagine sales if Madden & Fifa were also on steam...

Conclusion: EA doesn´t like money, hah.

• PC would be soo good,I rather have a physical copy though.
  • http://nhl18news.com/what-is-nhl-18-release-date/ NHL18news list it for PC 12 sep 2017 and Bestbuy Canada. Only looked at this sites. Sorry about my bad English.
  • That doesn't even look like a credible site for anything. It looks like somebody threw that page together in minutes. I'll believe a PC release when I see it listed for sale on legitimate retailers' websites like Best Buy and Gamestop.