EA Forums - Banner

Warning! Don't Spend Money on HUT In-Game Content

I'm new to the game this year and I liked the idea of being able to build a great hockey team. I also don't mind spending some money to do that. The promise from EA is buy some packs for a chance to get some better players and therefore have a better team. The problem is, higher rated players do not make your team any better. For anyone who may be falling into this trap like I did, don't waste your money. The game clearly balances lower rated teams with higher rated teams. Your team will be about the same in the actual gameplay regardless of it's rating. Your 95 rated players will play like they're 91 when up against 87 rated players which will also plays like 91s. The game is not any more enjoyable with higher rated players, in fact it's infuriating because they let you down constantly. EA needs to admit that there is some kind of balancing encoded into the game ... furthermore, EA owes refunds and an apology to it's gamer community for being dishonest and misleading in order to sell packs. In the meantime, spend your HUT pack money on something else folks.

Replies

• h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ice tilt?
  • Holy ****. I've waisted all my money on a worthless team.
  • Yup, ice tilt. Even that would be okay but we should have information on how EA does this so we can choose to play and spend money accordingly. It's not right to offer people improved performance while at the same time coding the game to nullify upgrades one makes to their team. My guess is that EA won't provide information though .... since it would mean there is little point to buying packs... and Matt, yes we know that all teams are technically worthless since they're part of a game, but the money people spend is for a good gaming experience. That's where EA is failing and being dishonest.
  • Good troll bro :blush:
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    So wait what your saying is the game even itself out? Are you sure? Idk seems debatable....my 97 Taresenko plays better than my 87 Ericsson...idk if this is right
  • I whip kids with lower rated teams 95% of the time
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Are you sure you do? The OP says the games changes the players and balances stuff.
  • No one should be buying packs this year with real money, they are all filled with garbage. I swear the only reason why they brought out the series 2 cards was to add more fillers into the packs
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Well of course they are running a business. Do you want them to just give stuff out? This isn't some hippy commune where everybody gets everything the same and we all sing and dance while listening to the grateful dead. If I made a game like hut I would do the same. It's gambling! The odds are always stacked against you.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Well of course they are running a business. Do you want them to just give stuff out? This isn't some hippy commune where everybody gets everything the same and we all sing and dance while listening to the grateful dead. If I made a game like hut I would do the same. It's gambling! The odds are always stacked against you.

lol. exactly
  • Come play my team..... All I will say is that they make up for my shortcomings as a player v
  • Better players doesn't buy you the victorys, it increases your chances. If you can't win with a 95 overall team then you will lose with a 87 overall team as well

So basically if you already have a great team then you need to polish your skills so they become great too and you will win almost every game. I guarantee

Great team + great skills = success
  • Jonny81swe wrote: »
    Better players doesn't buy you the victorys, it increases your chances. If you can't win with a 95 overall team then you will lose with a 87 overall team as well

So basically if you already have a great team then you need to polish your skills so they become great too and you will win almost every game. I guarantee

Great team + great skills = success

Everything you said is true, minus your first sentence. I have beaten many players that are better than me because of my team. Better players does buy you some victories. I guarantee it.
  • Don't play the lotto either, odds are that you probably will not win the jackpot.....