EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Wishlist

Replies

  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Seriously though can we get created plays back. I'd buy 18 just for that alone.
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    Lol wut? Where did you hear That? You really think sony and Microsoft are going to give up on the gaming industry?

    No, they likely just switch to the PC model which is significantly better. Start producing gaming hardware that users can buy to change and upgrade their own system at their own desire.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Seriously though can we get created plays back. I'd buy 18 just for that alone.
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    Lol wut? Where did you hear That? You really think sony and Microsoft are going to give up on the gaming industry?

    No, they likely just switch to the PC model which is significantly better. Start producing gaming hardware that users can buy to change and upgrade their own system at their own desire.

    Wait you actually think that's what's going to happen? Do you know how valuable the accessibility of the consoles is?
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »
    Seriously though can we get created plays back. I'd buy 18 just for that alone.
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    Lol wut? Where did you hear That? You really think sony and Microsoft are going to give up on the gaming industry?

    No, they likely just switch to the PC model which is significantly better. Start producing gaming hardware that users can buy to change and upgrade their own system at their own desire.

    Wait you actually think that's what's going to happen? Do you know how valuable the accessibility of the consoles is?

    Nah, don't actually believe that. But if they were going to stop selling consoles, I see them going that route.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    mddoug wrote: »
    Mansikka3 wrote: »
    I only play EASHL, so that's what I'm talking about:

    AI needs a lot of work. It needs to get better at many things, but defensively it can be too good at the moment. On aggressive 1 on 1 defense for example, AI is often anticipating human player's movements before you even do them (AI is clearly reacting to controller movements instead of what is going on in the game).

    Puck pick-up animations need to go. They make my player skate when I want to stop, and stop when I want to skate, etc etc. They just do not work, at all. We want to have as much controll in game as possible, this is not doing that.

    Shooting should get fixed. One timers are whiffing everywhere for no reason, way more than in previous versions, for no reason. Other thing is that when I have for example whiffed on a one timer and the puck is close, my player still tries to shoot that puck. He gets stuck in this shooting animation and glides towards the puck and the tries to shoot. It never works. That looks stupid, happens way too often and should get removed.
    I agree eashl needs some work but overall I feel it's very good, adjustments for me is opposite to you on ai D.. need to be better, it's way to easy to deke around them. D needs to be improved behind the net, they get caught up on the wall and on the net and sometimes end up putting the puck in their own net! NOT GOOD. Now the most frustrating thing on eashl is the glide everyone knows about it and all those who do it should be removed from the game it's so frustrating and over powered, hold the deke then shoot and score it's shocking and boring. its almost impossible to hit them or poke check them and if ur lucky u will trip them up and give them a pp, which is better option rather than the guaranteed goal when they shoot.

    Wait so lemme get this straight... You have a problem with people gliding before they shoot in order to stabilize themselves and provide for better balance and accuracy? I fail to see how this should be an issue.

    Ok so you obviously don't play eashl or u are 1 of these people who use the glitch goal. Stabilising is fine by me, but people don't do it to stabilise, they do it for the 65% scoring percentage if shot between the hash marks.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Seriously though can we get created plays back. I'd buy 18 just for that alone.
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    Lol wut? Where did you hear That? You really think sony and Microsoft are going to give up on the gaming industry?

    They both confirmed that these are their last consoles. They will support them for about another 10-12 years. I would imagine they will go with the upgrade able route in one form or another. They actually don't make that much money on the consoles themselves. In fact, from what I have read, their profit margins are a joke.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?

    I don't know. What happened to it?
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?

    It's going to be shown at E3.

    What mega said is true though... from a certain point of view. Both Microsoft and Sony have stated that they think the old "console" every few years route that's been the norm for over 20 years now is going to end. What you'll likely see is ONE console, constantly upgraded "forever".

    So this is going to likely be the last "generational" consoles we get and the next ones to come out will likely follow a more PC-ish iteration. Probably starting with Xbox Scorpio. The advantage of consoles over PCs is that consoles are all the same, so developers don't have to optimize for a million different configurations so they can get the best out of their software.

    Consoles in the future will all have the same "base" hardware, but will likely allow each customer to tailor their hardware according to their needs/budget.
  • 5natchHunt3e
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I would like more physical player development in the franchise mode or the option to choose what they focus on for their workouts. I mostly play online but keep a franchise going most if the to so I know game play wise it's not to important but just one thing I feel is missing.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?

    I don't know. What happened to it?

    You said that Sony/Microsoft said these consoles were going to be the last ones..... I assumed you meant these consoles we're playing on now. Unless you meant Scorpio (and whatever Sony comes out with)
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?
    RSall14 wrote: »
    By the time the PS5 comes out we still won't have all the features from the PS3/360 era.

    Last I heard Sony and Microsoft said these consoles were going to be that last ones. But I get your point, and agree.

    What happened to Xbox Scorpio?

    I don't know. What happened to it?

    You said that Sony/Microsoft said these consoles were going to be the last ones..... I assumed you meant these consoles we're playing on now. Unless you meant Scorpio (and whatever Sony comes out with)

    I meant the current gen. They may upgrade them now and then, but forget PS5 and Xbox whatever.
  • IMO both will stick to systems that can be played on big screen televisions.

    I can do and watch everything I need and want to on my tv and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • mhandymanb wrote: »
    IMO both will stick to systems that can be played on big screen televisions.

    I can do and watch everything I need and want to on my tv and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    You can use a pc on a TV if you wanted too.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    IMO both will stick to systems that can be played on big screen televisions.

    I can do and watch everything I need and want to on my tv and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    You can use a pc on a TV if you wanted too.

    Why would I even need a PC?

    I haven't owned one in over 10 years. I do everything I need to do on my iPhone and if I need a big screen for anything, I airplay it through my Apple TV.

    I have a laptop that's been collecting dust for I don't know how long because I rarely use it. I only use it to store files/pictures and to download a movie here and there.
  • mhandymanb wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    IMO both will stick to systems that can be played on big screen televisions.

    I can do and watch everything I need and want to on my tv and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    You can use a pc on a TV if you wanted too.

    Why would I even need a PC?

    I haven't owned one in over 10 years. I do everything I need to do on my iPhone and if I need a big screen for anything, I airplay it through my Apple TV.

    I have a laptop that's been collecting dust for I don't know how long because I rarely use it. I only use it to store files/pictures and to download a movie here and there.

    Well for starters you wouldn't need an apple TV. But I'd rather not go down the rabbit hole. If you do a bit of research you can come up with a few reasons as to why it's a better path than consoles or other home entertainment devices.

    Only reason consoles still exist is because of exclusives and people being to lazy to learn how pcs work. Over time they are the best investment.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    IMO both will stick to systems that can be played on big screen televisions.

    I can do and watch everything I need and want to on my tv and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    You can use a pc on a TV if you wanted too.

    Why would I even need a PC?

    I haven't owned one in over 10 years. I do everything I need to do on my iPhone and if I need a big screen for anything, I airplay it through my Apple TV.

    I have a laptop that's been collecting dust for I don't know how long because I rarely use it. I only use it to store files/pictures and to download a movie here and there.

    Well for starters you wouldn't need an apple TV. But I'd rather not go down the rabbit hole. If you do a bit of research you can come up with a few reasons as to why it's a better path than consoles or other home entertainment devices.

    Only reason consoles still exist is because of exclusives and people being to lazy to learn how pcs work. Over time they are the best investment.

    Yeah but with Apple TV I can just airplay my phone directly to my tv which I don't think anything can be easier than that.

    Apple TV is $100.
    iPhone is $0 with 2-3 year contract.
    A new Playstation approximately every 5 years is say $500.

    Seems like the best investment to me. How much would a PC cost over that time?
  • Most smart tvs these days can do what an apple TV can do which is certainly easier.

    Your cell phone is comped because you got sucked into a contract which is absurd. And is it 2 or 3? Funny that you wouldnt know if you signed the contract. Not a good investment.

    500 dollars plus yearly subscription for online service plus extra controllers ect.

    You could build a pc for 800 bucks that will have you much better off than a console for 10 years. And said pc can be upgraded whenever you feel the need.

    But if your way works for you, more power to you man. It's just not the most cost effective.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    Most smart tvs these days can do what an apple TV can do which is certainly easier.

    Your cell phone is comped because you got **** into a contract which is absurd. And is it 2 or 3? Funny that you wouldnt know if you signed the contract. Not a good investment.

    500 dollars plus yearly subscription for online service plus extra controllers ect.

    You could build a pc for 800 bucks that will have you much better off than a console for 10 years. And said pc can be upgraded whenever you feel the need.

    But if your way works for you, more power to you man. It's just not the most cost effective.

    You have to have a phone provider anyway so why not lock into a 2-3 year contract and get a new phone every time? Mine is 2 btw. I just said 2-3 because they vary from provider to provider. After my contract is up, I go to a competitor and repeat the process. So I never pay for the phone itself.

    $500 for a Playstation every 5 years or so isn't that bad. I've had my PS4 since NHL 16. Before that I had my PS3 for about 5 or more years. The one controller that comes with it so no cost there. If I need another controller then it's what $60 plus you get the replacement warranty through Gamestop or whatever.

    Don't forget the asthetics of one flat screen screen tv, one PS4, one small apple tv box and one modem.
  • Because those contracts are inflated and you think you're getting a deal because "I got a free phone" not realizing you're paying more over time. When you own the phone you can negotiate a better deal, and have the option of selling the phone when you want to get a new one, and also walk away to another provider whenever you want.

    So in 10 years you spent a grand not including subscription and the consoles are worthless now.

    And what does aesthetics have to do with cost effectiveness?
  • mhandymanb
    408 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    flyextacy wrote: »
    Because those contracts are inflated and you think you're getting a deal because "I got a free phone" not realizing you're paying more over time. When you own the phone you can negotiate a better deal, and have the option of selling the phone when you want to get a new one, and also walk away to another provider whenever you want.

    So in 10 years you spent a grand not including subscription and the consoles are worthless now.

    And what does aesthetics have to do with cost effectiveness?

    You don't think I can negotiate an awesome contract myself by playing competitor against competitor every couple years. Don't forget the introduction (new customer) deals these providers are always offering. I have a business degree and have worked in sales and marketing for years. I've had cell phone plans for almost 20
    years. I know how they work and how to get the best out of them.

    I'm essentially paying like $60 CDN per month for quite the very good plan. Plus these phones are usually and approximately $800 and more if you buy them outright. So I am approximately paying $1440 for two years for the plan and free phone. If you buy the phone for $800 are you telling me you can get the same plan as me for approximately $25 per month? Not a chance! Even if you sell the phone after the 2 years you're not going to get much for it because it's pretty much obsolete by then.

    Tell me who is getting the better deal?

    Don't PC users have to buy the PS or Xbox subscription too to play online? So that cancels that out.

    Same goes for controllers. Don't PC users have to buy new controllers also? So that cancels that out.

    I think I'm spending way less than PC users. So I'm getting a phone for free, an Apple TV and even to upgrade to a newer one would be $200 for both of them) and say even a PS3 & PS4 in a 10 year span ($1000). That's $1200. Your PC ($800) plus upgrades and additional software and anti-virus programs ($?) plus your phone that you have anyway ($800) is $1600. Who's spending more?

    As for aesthetics, it's just another advantage for not having a PC which are bulky and ugly to look at.
    Post edited by mhandymanb on
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!