EA Forums - Banner

EASHL suggestions

Prev1
Leckaroo
80 posts Member
Hey guys. I got thinking about things I'd like to see added/changed (in some case put back in) for the EASHL.

I'm pretty much a full-time defender so a lot of this may be biased towards playing defence.

Anyway, here it is. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

NET BATTLES
More effective net tie ups especially when initiating on opponent stick side limiting opponent stick range of motion to help defend redirects. If the shot is at his stick so be it but allow me to inhibit his ability to redirect across the body.

DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK
Self explanatory. Full control of stick depth and location while stick checking

PLAYER FATIGUE
Simulated line changes. A sort of "recharge" for your skater. Fatigue and on the fly changes huge part of hockey. Player fatigue bar with ability to toggle on or off would be helpful.

PUCK FLIP CONTROL
More control of the height of flips. Feel many times flips remain too low despite holding down R1 for a few seconds before flipping puck. Almost seems random at times.

PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION
More customization of gear. Skate blade length and cut. 3/8ths 1/2 inch blade cuts or flat bottom V. Stick flex and flex points. Curves.

Also like to see attribute allocation back. Players aren't cookie cut.

Allow player cards to be visible at pause menu.

VISION CONTROL
Still a mess. Fine tuning control still lacking in this game.

MANUAL ONE TIMERS
Make people earn it by forcing them to actually time it manually. A simple flick up or they can load up but make them go through the motion instead of simply skating towards the net holding RS up.

WINGER TIE UPS ON FACEOFFS
Give wingers the option to be able to tie each other up during draws. Would create more scrambled draws and take some heat off defenseman as I feel opposing wingers are able to bear down on defenders too quickly on clean wins.

DROP INS
Make them like before and with 12 man lobbies. Drop ins are pick up games. If I enter a game let me fill whatever position is needed on either side. Want a more serious atmosphere? Play club.

PLAYER BADGES
Saw a post about badges being tied to individual on ice performance and much less about team result. Loved the idea. Rate players on what they do rather than how the team does.

Could on and on with this.

INJURIES/EASHL
Let me see what injury I've sustained and severity. Maybe not a deal breaker but I'd like to know. Also, anyone remember when guys used to miss huge hits and injure themselves on the wall? Bring that back. Force players to be accountable for their actions.

Replies

• Idk about manual 1 timers ...still 50/50 on that.

Everything else was golden .

If they can cut down the animation window time when a player receives the puck or picks up a puck and isn't frozen in place completely vulnerable for a whole second.that would be nice.

Can't count how many times I lost the puck to a winger I was covering for the cross crease Becuase I correctly intercepted it but can't do jack with it while he pokes or sticklifts me .

Also giving Dmen better ability to walk the blue line in the offensive zone at the point to open things up would be nice , I shouldn't have to have my whole body cross the blue line in order to make a play . especially If a team is playing right point coverage. This combined with what I said in my 3rd paragraph would alleviate a lot of pressure
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    Suggestions for EASHL?

Go back to NHL 09/10/11/12 (either of them) remake them for next gen, tadaaaa!!! problem solved, we would have an extremely fun game again.

TPS/Animations overload have done just that, overloaded the online connection/server process, the result is a non responsive game, slow, clunky, not smooth at all.
  • Leckaroo
    80 posts Member
    Na I disagree. I like the TPS much better than the old system. The old skating engine had it's flaws as well like taking unnatural skating angles at such a high velocity. I find with TPS it's much easier to angle off puck carriers.

No question the vison control was much, much better those years though.
  • Leckaroo
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    yomomma552 wrote: »

Also giving Dmen better ability to walk the blue line in the offensive zone at the point to open things up would be nice , I shouldn't have to have my whole body cross the blue line in order to make a play . especially If a team is playing right point coverage. This combined with what I said in my 3rd paragraph would alleviate a lot of pressure

Ya you bet. I've been playing defence my whole life. I was taught at a young age that if walking the line with high defensive coverage my body should be outside the zone with stick inside. It allows me more room to maneuver.

As for manual one-timers, I'd just like to see more user skill and team chemistry implemented to the game and feel that would help. That said we all know how the servers can be at times so take that with a grain of salt.
  • Some sort of D stick control would be great. It feels as if my guy has would always rather hack the heck out of someone rather than pick up the puck..

Faster acceleration and stopping across short distances. Im not going to completely open up my stride when going from the net to the corner. Wide open skating and stopping is fine.

Power up the passes just a little faster. Nothing huge, just 1/4sec faster.

give points based on how you played, not just whether you won or lost. The way its set up now it encourages quitting among other things. Recently, I'm starting to get nervous playing drop in when my side goes up by a couple goals because I'm afraid the other side will all quit.

Fix the whole stuck in an animation thing whether its freezing or bouncing like a super ball off of things/people

I think those things combined with some of the other suggestions would make things considerably more fun and engaging.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • I made this suggestion for HUT but it could also apply to EASHL as well.

Basically all games feel like play now. In a season there needs to be commentary and acknowledgement of hot and cold streaks ... this player is hot right now having scored 4 goals in the last 3 games yada yada yada ... The Benchwarmers are coming off their third consecutive loss ... anything to add continuity between games adding to the presentation and authenticity.

Basically all games feel like play now. In a season there needs to be commentary and acknowledgement of hot and cold streaks ... this player is hot right now having scored 4 goals in the last 3 games yada yada yada ... The Benchwarmers are coming off their third consecutive loss ... anything to add continuity between games adding to the presentation and authenticity.

I always thought it would be cool, during the loading screen to show stats of the teams, and specifically, if the teams have played each other before, show the records against each other, as well as results of last game.

I always thought it would be cool, during the loading screen to show stats of the teams, and specifically, if the teams have played each other before, show the records against each other, as well as results of last game.

Yes! Precisely. Anything to add to the experience.
  • Leckaroo
    80 posts Member
    I made this suggestion for HUT but it could also apply to EASHL as well.

Yes! Precisely. Anything to add to the experience.

Ya that would be kinda cool
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Ability to simply deflect incoming passes to the offensive zone. Shouldn't have to always gain control of the puck to then shoot or pass it in. Actually, this should happen whenever we choose to. Very useful if you want to clear the zone on an incoming pass instead of having to "gain" possession to simply get destroyed.

Ability to skate by a puck without having to pick it up automatically. There should be a controller option that allows you to skate by the puck without initiating a pickup, such as to avoid an offside, or let a teammate pick it up instead, etc...

Ability to push the puck forward while skating, like we used to be able to.

Fully agree that one-timers should require more skill to pull off instead of just pressing for it and waiting as long as it takes to get that pass to initiate it. Way too easy as it is. Maybe not full manual, but maybe compromise by narrowing down the distance required to initiate it. Say maybe within 15 feet or so. More than that, and it shouldn't even initiate. Or, maybe have it so that the longer you press for a one timer, the less precise is the release. If a player can time it perfectly, maybe have it result in maximum precision.

Remove broken sticks on slapshots. Dumbest thing in EASHL. Not a required "NHL SIM". Just a real life replication that isn't needed. Don't argue realism as line changes are not even in the game, so don't see why broken sticks are needed.

Would like to see an option to give extremely hard body checks, but a huge backfire if missed. Result should be an over the top hit, or an insane miss. Trade off should be really high. Might counter those bubbles, might not. Who knows with EA at this point...

Fatigue should play a bigger part, imo.

Remove all the single player highlight reel fluff from EASHL and add an extra minute per period. The point is to get into play as quickly as possible after a whistle. Not interested in seeing highlights of a team missing too many shots, and Ray explaining all of it.

Would like to see a player get kicked after 20 seconds or so if he hasn't picked his desired position.

Ability to blacklist undesired players and resulting in never getting matched up with said players.

Ability to report trolls and actually have someone at EA do something about it. Maybe by using a way for EA to review a portion of the game to actually see the player trolling. I am sure you guys have ways of verifying if a complaint is legit.
    Post edited by megadeth_600 on
  • Ability to simply deflect incoming passes to the offensive zone. Shouldn't have to always gain control of the puck to then shoot or pass it in. Actually, this should happen whenever we choose to. Very useful if you want to clear the zone on an incoming pass instead of having to "gain" possession to simply get destroyed.

Ability to skate by a puck without having to pick it up automatically. There should be a controller option that allows you to skate by the puck without initiating a pickup, such as to avoid an offside, or let a teammate pick it up instead, etc...

Yessir.
  • History of latest EASHL season on others games for example : nhl 15 to 18

a free agent section for find easily a club

more option for customization

it would be good to have a competion with better payer and when they are selectiinned for nationale teams of their country
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Ya get rid of broken sticks on shots, that's a random thing that we can't control.
    A non pick up pass button would be great!
  • Socair
    2437 posts Game Changer
    I made this suggestion for HUT but it could also apply to EASHL as well.

Ah, no. This just gives teams another reason to back out. Besides, clubs that play each other lots already know what their record versus each other is like. More presentation is not what this game needs anyway. Not from an online standpoint anyway.

Regarding one of the OP's points, what exactly is your idea with fatigue? Simulated line changes how? A fatigue meter display (optional on/off) would be handy, but we all know our player is pretty tired by period end or if you hustle too much.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Leckaroo
    80 posts Member
    Socair wrote: »

Regarding one of the OP's points, what exactly is your idea with fatigue? Simulated line changes how? A fatigue meter display (optional on/off) would be handy, but we all know our player is pretty tired by period end or if you hustle too much.

Kinda simular to be a pro. Your player skates to the target in front of the bench and then it can either replenish stamina or maybe your clone jumps the boards. Fatigue would of course need to have more effect but adding on the fly changes would add realism.

The meter would just be there as an idea of how you feel but I could see it being in my way so being able to turn it off once I had a feel for it was just an idea.

• i feel eashl should not have any pass assist. or at least not in the offensive zone. lets be done with with the bot games. give us 3vs3, 4vs4 or make captain control the bot players. bots are extremely overpowered or extremely under powered. make overtime 3vs3 with the ability to line change if more than 3 players and after 1 ot period shootouts. make more eashl events, not just playoffs ones a month.
  • i feel eashl should not have any pass assist. or at least not in the offensive zone. lets be done with with the bot games. give us 3vs3, 4vs4 or make captain control the bot players. bots are extremely overpowered or extremely under powered. make overtime 3vs3 with the ability to line change if more than 3 players and after 1 ot period shootouts. make more eashl events, not just playoffs ones a month.

that's a good idea 3*3 &4*4 it would be cool have too the open ice rink for fun

• Socair
    2437 posts Game Changer
    i feel eashl should not have any pass assist. or at least not in the offensive zone. lets be done with with the bot games. give us 3vs3, 4vs4 or make captain control the bot players. bots are extremely overpowered or extremely under powered. make overtime 3vs3 with the ability to line change if more than 3 players and after 1 ot period shootouts. make more eashl events, not just playoffs ones a month.

You can set pass assist to zero under controls.
    We'll have a 3 on 3 mode in 18.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    i feel eashl should not have any pass assist. or at least not in the offensive zone. lets be done with with the bot games. give us 3vs3, 4vs4 or make captain control the bot players. bots are extremely overpowered or extremely under powered. make overtime 3vs3 with the ability to line change if more than 3 players and after 1 ot period shootouts. make more eashl events, not just playoffs ones a month.

You can set pass assist to zero under controls.
    We'll have a 3 on 3 mode in 18.
    yes i know i can. its not the point. at the moment most players play the game with cpu handling most of the heavy lifting when moving the puck. that requires no skill and its there just to make the game more accessible to bad players. eashl should be competitive mode and skill should matter more. i have played all year with manual passing and its not so hard.
  • frenchforclub
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    can import automatically our club, like we have our latest stats and don't need recreate club like we have never existed