EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Wishlist

Replies

• DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    Scirollo wrote: »
    jackw5 wrote: »
    Would like them to work with the iihf to try and get more european leagues like the KHL so we can fill the smaller national teams with real players instead of made up players.

If they can work out a deal with IIHF, I'd like to see your Be A Pro play World juniors, or in GM Mode, have the option to send your prospects to the WJC.

I can't see EA finding it to be a financially smart move to pay for IIHF and KHL licenses. The KHL in particular would probably want a pretty penny, yet having that league in the game isn't going to sell a ton of units.
  • You know, I'd really like to see some type of 3v3 arcade mode where ridiculous dangles and huge hits happen all of the time.
  • mhandymanb wrote: »
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    Screw the "spirit" of club. Joining multiple teams is needed when playing in multiple leagues and with multiple friends. I play consistently with probably at least 50 friends or more as they do the same. We enjoy playing with and against other people day to day.

I agree with the custom builds though as someone who primarily uses the offensive dman and the sniper. I use them because they're both the best skaters and shooters and with their speed I'm still able to lay out opposing players with bone crunching hits when I choose to do so. I just wish I had the ability to change their stick length to help with their poke checking ability a bit although I play defensively very well with both.

To each their own on the multiple club opinions. I respect your outlook on it even if i don't agree with it. I think we can both agree we'd like to see club/EASHL return to it's dominant form that it was. I'll tell you, some of the clubs in Division I now wouldn't have even sniffed Division 5 back in the day.

Blame EA for not taking advantage of the opportunity to create a league like the independent ones did.

Club is boring. No real incentive to play.

The leagues use real teams and keep real stats and even have certain rules in place to prevent some of the things we hate about club.

EA blew it bigtime by not creating their own league for clubs.

For me, any mode, the game is boring. What makes it fun is playing with people you like, and joking around on the mics. Without the right people, this game is just plain unbearable to me. Been like this since NHL13. Just my opinion and how I feel.
  • I want more realistic graphics, more custom player options like make players taller than 6" 9', more realistic fights like breach clearing brawls and interview the players in intermissions.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Totally agree need to bring back Progressive Builds that's why it takes 10 minutes to find games now . No one plays after 2 months because you can't unlock attributes to make your guy the way we want.

I would be willing to concede that may be a factor, but that s just opinion. Classes have been around now for a bit. As I understand it, the hardcore folks are currently more aggrieved by the issues with skating, goalies, et al.

I mean, let's face it. If you are on these forums, you are likely a "hardcore" user / player.

Your point is well taken.

I actually don't want to SCRAP TPS... I LIKE that you are punished for being out of position.

However, I agree with BMH and Workin_OT and others... we need upper body pivot / better facing of the puck and more control with side strafing without the puck.... the system just needs to be tweaked a bit and from what I read, EA is aware of our gripes. All good. Need a tad more control, less spinsie action.

That being said... I had ANOTHER player on my club last night (another 40 year old Canadian ****) say he is done with the series if there isn't a major overhaul here. These are people that I play with that have been playing this series since SEGA.

Whether people here want to admit it or not, ditching the progression system and "make your own pro" part of EASHL has driven not only fringe hockey fans away, but now your losing (for this and other reasons noted) some of the hardcore base.

If HUT is the way you want to go.... and that is your "e-sport" desire, then that's EA's choice and more people will be jumping ship. If EA feels they will somehow make up that ground through HUT.... ehhhh....

All you have to do is recall the s-storm that took place couple years ago when the transition to new-gen occurred and EASHL mode wasn't even included.

EASHL years ago was the gold standard of team sports play. These guys can make this happen again.

I'm done with NHL if progression attributes don't come back. Been playing since 1992. Next Gen EASHL has been a disaster. Last gen by now every team in top 200 had over 1000 games played . This year on PS4 only 4 teams in top 100 have over 1000. My club use to have 1000 played . This year we stopped playing in January at 350 games. boring and no one on taking 20 minutes to find a game.

c2ed8a5068370347b1cddd7854cc462d.jpg
  • mhandymanb wrote: »
    Screw the "spirit" of club. Joining multiple teams is needed when playing in multiple leagues and with multiple friends. I play consistently with probably at least 50 friends or more as they do the same. We enjoy playing with and against other people day to day.

I agree with the custom builds though as someone who primarily uses the offensive dman and the sniper. I use them because they're both the best skaters and shooters and with their speed I'm still able to lay out opposing players with bone crunching hits when I choose to do so. I just wish I had the ability to change their stick length to help with their poke checking ability a bit although I play defensively very well with both.

To each their own on the multiple club opinions. I respect your outlook on it even if i don't agree with it. I think we can both agree we'd like to see club/EASHL return to it's dominant form that it was. I'll tell you, some of the clubs in Division I now wouldn't have even sniffed Division 5 back in the day.

Blame EA for not taking advantage of the opportunity to create a league like the independent ones did.

The leagues use real teams and keep real stats and even have certain rules in place to prevent some of the things we hate about club.

For me, any mode, the game is boring. What makes it fun is playing with people you like, and joking around on the mics. Without the right people, this game is just plain unbearable to me. Been like this since NHL13. Just my opinion and how I feel.

Yeah basically the only enjoyment I get out of playing the game. We only wish we had our 12 player private drafts back.

• -history of latest season for EASHL and too for all most possible players

- Ice rink outdoor that can be really funny, also it would be cool for eashl can play with 3*3 4*4 etc
    - - why not a roller in line hockey mode with most oowerfull teams in gheir league?

Can import our latest team from latest NHL every year, like that we dont need to recreate our clubvevery year

- Most name of city on the world , if its possible for EA to see where is a club on the city in the world and looking for ice hockey but for inline hockey
    too because that can be interested most people

- Rest of national whom dont appear in the game

- More level in EASHL and like i said , import all data from latest nhl game and continu in actual game our evolution

- Win sponsors for our teams (false sponsor eventually) that can be fun

-Also most facility for find a club that can be verry useful to have a website especially dedicated to find a club or a free agent or others like that

- Training like actually but with some news options like : course with obstacle etc shoot by arc on the goalie ... and more thing

- Please the COACH CHANGE EVERY GAME AND THE THERAPIST TOO thats UGLy

-When we play with a custom team against an european team in their arena , our supporter appear IN RED and that is really UGLY

- A trining before the game, particullary for Be a Pro or EASHL but too for a simple game but for be a pro if we p!ay goalie most traini g for him and original and funny training, like we have in really hockey game, players need to training before game? so itwould be good in option

- A shop would be a good thing

see you later or read you later
  • Santini3
    482 posts Member

So you really don't like the actual game then? This game **** me off all the time but my love of hockey still allows me to enjoy it.
  • LeafsFan21
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Franchise Mode Wishlist
    - Simulated stats for all draft eligibles (I see this has been mentioned in previous posts)
    - Stats for last 5/10 games for your players. Way easier to keep track of who's hot and cold if you simulate lots of games.
    - More interaction with AI GM's when it comes to trades..enter negotiations of some sort.
    - I'm sure this has been mentioned but giving NHL teams their ECHL affiliates and ability to operate them as you do the AHL team. I'd much rather have a top 6 prospect playing top minutes in the ECHL than minimal minutes on my AHL teams 4th line.
    - AHL only deals. In other words not counting towards your 50 SPC limit.
    - When editing goalies, I'd like the ability to edit their pads for their alternate jerseys.
    - Big/small shin pad options. eg. Draisaitl with his tyke sized shin pads for instance.
    - More in depth strategies/coaching abilities would be nice.
  • Santini3 wrote: »

So you really don't like the actual game then? This game **** me off all the time but my love of hockey still allows me to enjoy it.

I have an intense passion for the sport of hockey. I still play it on ice at least once a week, all year round. I still even play on call for bad teams knowing I will get destroyed in net, but the passion for the sport forgives it. Especially knowing I will go in with a guaranteed loss. It's also a great practice time for me.
    Sadly, I despise EA's bastardized version of hockey.

The AI is horrendous. Offline is mind numbingly boring and bland. Coach in EASHL is full reeeetard. Community has been allowed to troll/grief player base for over 7 years, without anything done about it. Skating engine is questionable at best and even the AI fights it. Players have huge agility bonuses when carrying the puck. Commentary is just plain bad and repetitive. Every year major bugs and flaws remain to be carried over the following year. Or worse, they wait to fix certain things only the following year to justify a release. Think of forced passing assist in 15. Think of human goalies in 16. Disgusting that they were left in the state they were in.

Seriously, for me, playing with like minded people is the only that gives this series an infinitely tiny chance of still being in business. And even that is starting to dwindle. This series needs a new leader, with new vision and ideas. This game has gone nowhere but down over the last 6 years. The corner cutting and the "meh, good enough" way of implementing things is beyond acceptance and quite frankly, am getting really tired of it.

Ben for team leader. Period. Ben, show these posts to Rammer's boss :) Sadly, he has to go. Had his time, and he failed, consistently and repeatedly. 3 vs 3 is not this series' savior LMFAO.
  • Santini3 wrote: »

I have an intense passion for the sport of hockey. I still play it on ice at least once a week, all year round. I still even play on call for bad teams knowing I will get destroyed in net, but the passion for the sport forgives it. Especially knowing I will go in with a guaranteed loss. It's also a great practice time for me.
    Sadly, I despise EA's bastardized version of hockey.

The AI is horrendous. Offline is mind numbingly boring and bland. Coach in EASHL is full reeeetard. Community has been allowed to troll/grief player base for over 7 years, without anything done about it. Skating engine is questionable at best and even the AI fights it. Players have huge agility bonuses when carrying the puck. Commentary is just plain bad and repetitive. Every year major bugs and flaws remain to be carried over the following year. Or worse, they wait to fix certain things only the following year to justify a release. Think of forced passing assist in 15. Think of human goalies in 16. Disgusting that they were left in the state they were in.

Seriously, for me, playing with like minded people is the only that gives this series an infinitely tiny chance of still being in business. And even that is starting to dwindle. This series needs a new leader, with new vision and ideas. This game has gone nowhere but down over the last 6 years. The corner cutting and the "meh, good enough" way of implementing things is beyond acceptance and quite frankly, am getting really tired of it.

Ben for team leader. Period. Ben, show these posts to Rammer's boss :) Sadly, he has to go. Had his time, and he failed, consistently and repeatedly. 3 vs 3 is not this series' savior LMFAO.

megadeath for the win!

• in Be a Pro:
    1. See all the teams we have played for when viewing career stats
    2. request trade or retire
    3. interact with GM and/or Coach
    4. build chemsitry with teammates
    5. practice/drills
    6. media interview in locker room (sometimes pre-game, and sometimes post-game)

Be a GM:
    1. interact with players at will (praise, motiviate, demote line, etc..)
    2. contract negotiations mid season
    3. during free agency compete with other teams to aquire a player with a meter bar showing us the chances of succeeding to sign a certain player (interesting new twist)
    5. ability to interview with free agents before attmepting to sign.
    4. hire/fire coaches and staff
    5. set practice days
    6. more promotional night options
    7. integrate echl in gm mode as 3rd team to use
    8. actual draft day presentation, with team table surrounded by staff and bettman up on the podium (only round 1). rest of draft can be like it already is. (be a pro and gm mode)

Gameplay:
    1. more realictic body to body collision
    2. improved puck physics
    3. jeseys can tuck and untuck during game
    4. over the boards hits
    5. glass breaking
    6. run over goalies with and without puck (goalies currently acting too much like stiff rocks) would generate more realistic interefrence and no goal calls
    7. coaches challenge (all game modes)
    8. more options in creating players and editing players (example: More tape patterns, change actual stick colors for players like we can do for goalies, Glove colors both player and goalie, jofa with and without visor, old ccm helmet bring it back etc..)
    9. blood/bruises/black eye (fights and high stick)
    10. bring back one handed dekes
    11. 3-4 man celebration after goal instead of only 2 man.
    12. National anthem pregame like we had in 08/09

You expect to have this implemented before NHL 26?

i would at least hope that in the coming years half of these would be implemented. half of this stuff was already in previous games, along with 2ks capability of using some of the stuff mentioned, i dont see why EA wouldnt attempt to gradually adopt these new modes.. but ultimately i agree with you, we probbaly wont see more than half of this in the short future.
  • in Be a Pro:
    1. See all the teams we have played for when viewing career stats
    2. request trade or retire
    3. interact with GM and/or Coach
    4. build chemsitry with teammates
    5. practice/drills
    6. media interview in locker room (sometimes pre-game, and sometimes post-game)

Be a GM:
    1. interact with players at will (praise, motiviate, demote line, etc..)
    2. contract negotiations mid season
    3. during free agency compete with other teams to aquire a player with a meter bar showing us the chances of succeeding to sign a certain player (interesting new twist)
    5. ability to interview with free agents before attmepting to sign.
    4. hire/fire coaches and staff
    5. set practice days
    6. more promotional night options
    7. integrate echl in gm mode as 3rd team to use
    8. actual draft day presentation, with team table surrounded by staff and bettman up on the podium (only round 1). rest of draft can be like it already is. (be a pro and gm mode)

Gameplay:
    1. more realictic body to body collision
    2. improved puck physics
    3. jeseys can tuck and untuck during game
    4. over the boards hits
    5. glass breaking
    6. run over goalies with and without puck (goalies currently acting too much like stiff rocks) would generate more realistic interefrence and no goal calls
    7. coaches challenge (all game modes)
    8. more options in creating players and editing players (example: More tape patterns, change actual stick colors for players like we can do for goalies, Glove colors both player and goalie, jofa with and without visor, old ccm helmet bring it back etc..)
    9. blood/bruises/black eye (fights and high stick)
    10. bring back one handed dekes
    11. 3-4 man celebration after goal instead of only 2 man.
    12. National anthem pregame like we had in 08/09

You expect to have this implemented before NHL 26?

i would at least hope that in the coming years half of these would be implemented. half of this stuff was already in previous games, along with 2ks capability of using some of the stuff mentioned, i dont see why EA wouldnt attempt to gradually adopt these new modes.. but ultimately i agree with you, we probbaly wont see more than half of this in the short future.

Cause someone keeps ramming the wrong decisions and implementing useless fluff, imo. So yea, sadly, I doubt more than 30% will be implemented before NHL 26. Just go and look at the Twitter and Facebook suggestions. It is depressing, and this is the pool EA chooses to get their ideas from. It doesn't matter what needs to be fixed. What matters is, adding things that they think will generate sales.
  • Well...can't it be both? They have to generate sales...it's a business.
    They also can keep working hard to improve on an already decent hockey game.
  • Well...can't it be both? They have to generate sales...it's a business.
    They also can keep working hard to improve on an already decent hockey game.

Decent hockey game? LMFAOOOOOOOOO

I loved working your scrub squad earlier. Playing a bunch of randoms in a drop in game as a team and still can't win? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GG bud.
  • Woah, bring it down a notch bro
  • I only say that because
    1. I don't know you
    2. I don't have a drop in squad.
  • And ....3
    You're stoked you were on the winning team in a random drop in I was involved in.
    Cool story bro
  • I only say that because
    1. I don't know you
    2. I don't have a drop in squad.

Haha, you were in net with your squad of 4, bruh. Then you got dusted by randoms who don't play together. Sit down