EA Forums - Banner

Should EA Bring back progressive player attributes for EASHL?

Replies

• To whoever was asking about why only 100 votes and if every time you enter a post does it count you more then once viewing the post. Yes every time you click on a discussion it will count you.

That was me, I thought that is how it worked but I wasn't sure. Thanks. Still looks like most of the people voting are in favor of the progressive builds over the ea ones. Not sure if that will mean anything to the Devs or not though.
  • booher04 wrote: »
    To whoever was asking about why only 100 votes and if every time you enter a post does it count you more then once viewing the post. Yes every time you click on a discussion it will count you.

That was me, I thought that is how it worked but I wasn't sure. Thanks. Still looks like most of the people voting are in favor of the progressive builds over the ea ones. Not sure if that will mean anything to the Devs or not though.

I doubt it will. I actually doubt they even bother looking at these forums at all for that matter. They seem to cater more to the casual gamers now who find the game 'fun' as it is. The game is garbage and there's no incentive to play so therefore really no point in even buying the game. IF the Devs do look at these forums then well.. BRING BACK THE PROGRESSIVE BUILDS YOU C*NTS!
  • If they bring back player picked attributes, they need more than 1 player build. They need 6 slots for differend builds for experimenting and of course Off/Def/goalie. This was a major issue. join drop in with a sniper build and get stuck on D and now your screwed. or nobody wanted to play center cuz if having nothing put into faceoffs.. its a great idea to bring back but it needs a re-work with dedicated testing.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    If they bring back player picked attributes, they need more than 1 player build. They need 6 slots for differend builds for experimenting and of course Off/Def/goalie. This was a major issue. join drop in with a sniper build and get stuck on D and now your screwed. or nobody wanted to play center cuz if having nothing put into faceoffs.. its a great idea to bring back but it needs a re-work with dedicated testing.

It was like that before, you had one build for each forward position and one build for defense
  • No. EA shouldn't focus on anything until they improve servers and connectivity. Until then, everything else is secondary.
  • booher04
    62 posts Member
    I wonder if the Devs have looked at this yet.... lol
  • 100% with this. Why it's not in the game just explains why EA NHL is garbage.
  • Nooooo
  • Nooooo

Why no? At least back up your disagreement with reasoning why you don't think they should bring these back.

The simple answer is to meet in the middle for everyone. When you load into EASHL, you should have the ability, right off the bat, to build the player how you see fit (height, weight, class) and customize the attributes for offense, defense, and athleticism. Give each player X amount of XP for each category and let everyone build their players the way they want.

No more "EASHL grind," to legend 3. Just allow players to build their players the way they see fit.
    Id be ok with the no grind thing, but I still think classes are better.
  • Nooooo

Why no? At least back up your disagreement with reasoning why you don't think they should bring these back.

The simple answer is to meet in the middle for everyone. When you load into EASHL, you should have the ability, right off the bat, to build the player how you see fit (height, weight, class) and customize the attributes for offense, defense, and athleticism. Give each player X amount of XP for each category and let everyone build their players the way they want.

No more "EASHL grind," to legend 3. Just allow players to build their players the way they see fit.
    Id be ok with the no grind thing, but I still think classes are better.

I don't. Too much monotony in games now. If you have both sets of forwards go power-forward, that's 6 players on the ice all running the exact same build....The exact same size player. In real hockey, at any level, you have different sized players who play different styles of hockey. That should be available in this game as well.

Now, it'd probably be difficult for the dev team to employ, but what if they have caps for when you pick a certain build/size. I guess the only way to really explain it would be to just give an example:

My RW:
    1.) I choose Power-forward
    2.) I choose to be 6'7'' 250 lbs.
    3.) My speed cap, at that size, would be 80. My strength would be 95, etc. etc.

My LW:
    1.) I choose Power-forward
    2.) I choose 6'3'' 215lbs.
    3.) My speed cap, at that size, would be 88. My strength would be 88, etc. etc.

Something along these lines. I just think variety, and uniqueness needs to be brought back to the game in some way.

I like this.. its similar to what NHL 14 was before they went to the preset builds but take away grind. before youd be able to pick a player type.. then you couldnt make say a sniper 95 on hitting but your grinder who could be 95 hitting couldnt be 95 on shooting. the points for shooting would cost more xp points if you took a grinder or enforcer vs if you took a sniper. what you suggested is similar and i like it. i suggested this as well on another post before.. not exactly but close.
  • booher04 wrote: »
    I like this.. its similar to what NHL 14 was before they went to the preset builds but take away grind. before youd be able to pick a player type.. then you couldnt make say a sniper 95 on hitting but your grinder who could be 95 hitting couldnt be 95 on shooting. the points for shooting would cost more xp points if you took a grinder or enforcer vs if you took a sniper. what you suggested is similar and i like it. i suggested this as well on another post before.. not exactly but close.

Just something to break up the similarity between every player is what we need.
    booher04 wrote: »

Just something to break up the similarity between every player is what we need.
    I see what your saying, but to me it's not really important.
    We would just end up having half the players at 6,7 with maxed weight and strength.
    And then a bunch of **** at 5'7
    With minimum weight and maxed speed.
  • We would just end up having half the players at 6,7 with maxed weight and strength.
    And then a bunch of **** at 5'7
    With minimum weight and maxed speed.

I guess....There really is no perfect way out of this. Preset builds have their advantages and disadvantages. Custom builds the same. At the end of the day, I'd just prefer to build my player the way I see fit.

I mean, more preset build options? Maybe 3 different of each with different sizes. I just like ideas thrown out there.

The thing about preset builds is that the customization option isnt there i think. at least if the options are there people will utilize them more. In NHL 14 there were lots of different size players and styles... yes you had a certain group where there was 5'6 small speedsters but where you offset that is do not allow their durability to be high and make sure the durability attribute matters... if the attribute is low and they take a hard hit, they get injured and their stats all drop a certain amount for a set amount of time. that would help balance it out on certain sizes.