EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Wishlist

Replies

  • Frasse_Swahn
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I wish that fake a slap shoot no longer puts you in a puck pick up stun lock animation. Sure you should be very susceptible to poke check while raising your stick but you shouldn't be stun locking yourself.

    I never see people faking slappers cuz it's just to dangerous even if there's like half a zone of space to do it. Only I'm foolish enough to try it once in a while.

    And stop it with the random missed one timers. If there's a consistent mechanic in place as punishment for when a pass is to fast cuz of user error it would be fine. Now it feels random.
    Post edited by Frasse_Swahn on
  • Pretty simple changes are much needed if you ask me. The directional passing system is HORRIBLE and needs to be fixed. Too many times it has been musical chairs to try and pick up the puck while it is just sitting there. There is very little defense/hitting in the game. Also, I know the national teams get very little attention, but it way beyond time to include Slovenia!

    My suggestion is to just fire up NHL 14 and make the A.I. as close to that as possible. If EA still made the xbox360/ps3 generation of NHL, I would prefer to play that over the current gen.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.

  • But only for the forwards
  • I think BaP needs to be seriously revamped.
    1. You should be able to request a trade. It's really annoying to be stuck on a team you hate.
    2. Interviews. More off-ice activities.
    3. Being able to get sponsored (by brands like bauer, warrior, ccm).
    4. Changing numbers during the season. I can't seem to change my number.
    5. Being able to become captain. I don't know if this is just me but I can't seem to become captain or assistant captain.
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    nickg2316 wrote: »
    I think BaP needs to be seriously revamped.
    1. You should be able to request a trade. It's really annoying to be stuck on a team you hate.
    2. Interviews. More off-ice activities.
    3. Being able to get sponsored (by brands like bauer, warrior, ccm).
    4. Changing numbers during the season. I can't seem to change my number.
    5. Being able to become captain. I don't know if this is just me but I can't seem to become captain or assistant captain.

    Why are people so obsessed with interviews? They had zero effect on the game and we're just massive time wasters. Same with sponsorships. That's just meaningless fluff.
  • ke0niPD
    288 posts Member
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.

    There maybe should be a middle ground where you could change the height and weight and that you could add a certain amount of bonus points to the builds based on your CR or level. There's no going back to the old system though, that was absolute garbage... Or have the old system on drop in where it belongs and leave it out of club completely.

    The thing I actually came here to write is that they need to change the versus matchmaking. Versus needs to have FIFA's system where you pick a team first and then get matched based on your team and your rank. Versus is filled with scrubs using only the top 5 teams in the game and some people aren't even willing to play you if you refuse to give them a clear advantage.

    That kind of system would actually encourage people to use a team they actually enjoyed playing as and would leave the people who want to use the Capitals every game matching with Capitals. Not to mention that the game plays a lot better with two average NHL teams compared to two top teams, at least IMO.
  • Juppo1996 wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.

    Not to mention that the game plays a lot better with two average NHL teams compared to two top teams, at least IMO.

    ^^^Absolutely agree. I would go as far as if to say that the worse the teams are, the more realistically the game plays.

    Body checks by players actually known for using the body work much better than joe shmoe's check.

    That one guy on the team who is a better skater actually creates space with his speed, and stands out better for it.

    Snipers who are supposed to have better shot accuracy and power are drastically better at scoring than teammates.

    NHL teams by comparison in this game basically consist of four lines of Crosby's offensive awareness (attribute-wise anyways) combined with Ovechkin's hard shot and superior strength.

    I encourage everyone to try playing Euro teams, then pick AHL teams, CHL, then ECHL. Pick the worst teams in the game if you want, everything feels much more correct from a realism standpoint.
  • dregzo84
    147 posts Member
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.

    Not to mention that the game plays a lot better with two average NHL teams compared to two top teams, at least IMO.

    ^^^Absolutely agree. I would go as far as if to say that the worse the teams are, the more realistically the game plays.

    Body checks by players actually known for using the body work much better than joe shmoe's check.

    That one guy on the team who is a better skater actually creates space with his speed, and stands out better for it.

    Snipers who are supposed to have better shot accuracy and power are drastically better at scoring than teammates.

    NHL teams by comparison in this game basically consist of four lines of Crosby's offensive awareness (attribute-wise anyways) combined with Ovechkin's hard shot and superior strength.

    I encourage everyone to try playing Euro teams, then pick AHL teams, CHL, then ECHL. Pick the worst teams in the game if you want, everything feels much more correct from a realism standpoint.

    This 100% accurate...there is for sure a organic feel to the game...
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.

    Not to mention that the game plays a lot better with two average NHL teams compared to two top teams, at least IMO.

    ^^^Absolutely agree. I would go as far as if to say that the worse the teams are, the more realistically the game plays.

    Body checks by players actually known for using the body work much better than joe shmoe's check.

    That one guy on the team who is a better skater actually creates space with his speed, and stands out better for it.

    Snipers who are supposed to have better shot accuracy and power are drastically better at scoring than teammates.

    NHL teams by comparison in this game basically consist of four lines of Crosby's offensive awareness (attribute-wise anyways) combined with Ovechkin's hard shot and superior strength.

    I encourage everyone to try playing Euro teams, then pick AHL teams, CHL, then ECHL. Pick the worst teams in the game if you want, everything feels much more correct from a realism standpoint.

    This applies to offline for sure. Also, if you play franchise mode, when you get ten to fifteen years into it, the separation of players is much more drastic, and it plays more realistically then as well.
  • Warwei
    2 posts New member
    I wish, in the NHL 18 in the Be a Pro mode would be able to play for representation. And again would be able to talk with team mates, family, etc.
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    Juppo1996 wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Custom Attributes for EASHL players. Full customization, height, weight, attributes, etc.

    There maybe should be a middle ground where you could change the height and weight and that you could add a certain amount of bonus points to the builds based on your CR or level. There's no going back to the old system though, that was absolute garbage... Or have the old system on drop in where it belongs and leave it out of club completely.

    The thing I actually came here to write is that they need to change the versus matchmaking. Versus needs to have FIFA's system where you pick a team first and then get matched based on your team and your rank. Versus is filled with scrubs using only the top 5 teams in the game and some people aren't even willing to play you if you refuse to give them a clear advantage.

    That kind of system would actually encourage people to use a team they actually enjoyed playing as and would leave the people who want to use the Capitals every game matching with Capitals. Not to mention that the game plays a lot better with two average NHL teams compared to two top teams, at least IMO.

    Get this guy a pasta fagiole!


  • Get this guy a pasta fagiole![/quote]


    What if he likes steak?

  • Make possible to play Be A GM mode in euro league or CHL and if you are succesfull NHL team offers you GM position :)
  • b24hhh
    19 posts Member
    They should fully integrate ECHL to all the game modes, as most NHL teams have an ECHL affiliate it would deepen all game modes. Some teams would share the same team, like AHL was before, so IMO It wouldn't be so hard to implement.
  • Are the custom builds going to keep people playing the game?

    Will the community still collapse a month after the release because people continuously lose to teams playing a certain way?
  • No guests in ranked play.
    Choose league before team selection to prevent all star team usage in ranked play.
  • this has been discussed earlier, but some kind ELO level system to eashl would be nice. kind of system that really shows your level. not just how many games you have played. if you play under your current level, you get minus points and eventually level down. this could be good for the drop in games as well. rank your player to a decent level by playing well and it would be more unlikely that you get matched against those who just want to troll.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.