EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 EASHL

Replies

  • Yeah I agree with Venom on his points don't give boosts etc for time played. I also think custom builds need to come back / having all enforcers the same height and weight is ridiculous. I enjoyed having some uniqueness to my player. On defense I would max out my passing and speed. I didn't care about my shot.

    The way its setup now I just look at the opponents builds in match up and then decide if I'm going to go withe A, B or C build, Instead of putting my unique skill set to work. Also It was better when you didn't know what attributes your opponent had. I'm not sure why EA doesn't get the whole attributes thing maybe they adjust the attribute sliders on the fly in game thus resulting in momentum *cough* swings.

    The game/ player build definitely feels different every time I play.
  • EVerk81 wrote: »
    If you want a competitive non-player progression format for league play, use OTP and balance the game around that.

    For EASHL club games, they never should have removed the card system. Fixing it so players can't exploit it is one thing; removing the progression system leaves the game stale for those of us who want to grind and build towards unlocking things for our player.

    To argue that some players play a lot less than others meaning they won't be able to unlock things for their player, putting them at a disadvantage is not a valid argument. Name me 1 other progression-based game wherein a player who has played the game for an hour is at the same par as a player who has played the game for 100 hours. If this isn't something EA is concerned about (replay value), then so be it. Interest in their online competitive league will continue to dwindle like it has been since the release of '15.

    if you really feel the game is stale without your legend 3 grind. then you dont like to play this game. you just want the grind. EASHL is team game. your selfish and dont want to play for the team, only for your own grind. i think hut would be better option for you. there you can grind your own team.
  • eashl is the only mode i really played the last 8 games. its the best and funnest ever. nhl threes looks like it will be just as fun.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    So they completely ignored what most of their EASHL player base was asking for again, and failed to produce the custom progression system? Yeah, they are def trying to sh*tcan people towards Cashgrab mode...I mean HUT. I think I'll cancel my pre-order...I was almost ready to give the the benefit of the doubt...but not anymore.
  • IceLion68
    1575 posts Member
    trw1987 wrote: »
    So they completely ignored what most of their EASHL player base was asking for again, and failed to produce the custom progression system? Yeah, they are def trying to sh*tcan people towards Cashgrab mode...I mean HUT. I think I'll cancel my pre-order...I was almost ready to give the the benefit of the doubt...but not anymore.

    I think people who are hoping for return of the Legend 3 grind should probably just resign themselves to the fact they probably arent getting it any time soon, and start complaining about something that matters, like how bad the skating and positioning controls are in this game (for example)
  • i dont get why some people think majority of the player base wants the old grind system back. i would think its the opposite. everyone i know think its better the way its now. plus this new system is more friendly for casual. witch make up most of the player base.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    i dont get why some people think majority of the player base wants the old grind system back. i would think its the opposite. everyone i know think its better the way its now. plus this new system is more friendly for casual. witch make up most of the player base.

    Casuals play it very little, then hop to another game and shelve this one. Hence why they are casuals...I have a hard time believing they make up the player base...your statement is true for the first two weeks to a month the game is released

    Everyone I play with or against hates the class system, Lion knows why I personally want it back and respects that...EASHL is just plain boring now.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    i dont get why some people think majority of the player base wants the old grind system back. i would think its the opposite. everyone i know think its better the way its now. plus this new system is more friendly for casual. witch make up most of the player base.

    Casuals play it very little, then hop to another game and shelve this one. Hence why they are casuals...I have a hard time believing they make up the player base...your statement is true for the first two weeks to a month the game is released

    Everyone I play with or against hates the class system, Lion knows why I personally want it back and respects that...EASHL is just plain boring now.

    yep.

    oh well. disappointing.

    but at least the 3 v 3 arcade mode will pull even more people away from EASHL until EA can fold that up and force everyone to HUT one way or another.

    :|
  • EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.
    EASHL player
  • EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    I dont think you understand...its not the "ignore the meaningless" ones...its the fact that everyone is the same. Every game, every team. No differences between the teams. No adapting to another teams style, etc. There is no challenge to the game anymore...
  • BLicK12
    86 posts Member
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.

    Nice strawman.

    He's not cheering the fix. He's saying that's not the reason the game mode is boring. The gamemode is boring because the gameplay and control of your player is terrible. Teams are more successful shooting turds alll game long than trying to setup actual plays.
  • So is EASHL still in or is this "Threes" mode supposed to be the new EASHL? I hope not and there's still the standard 5v5.
  • Murphdawg1 wrote: »
    So is EASHL still in or is this "Threes" mode supposed to be the new EASHL? I hope not and there's still the standard 5v5.

    seems like it's still in it.


    for now.


    until you are eventually forced to team HUT.


    hahaha
  • BLicK12 wrote: »
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.

    Nice strawman.

    He's not cheering the fix. He's saying that's not the reason the game mode is boring. The gamemode is boring because the gameplay and control of your player is terrible. Teams are more successful shooting turds alll game long than trying to setup actual plays.

    appreciate your opinion on my opinion on why the game mode is boring.
  • Gameplay needs updated for sure... too many wacky goals go in... too many go in because of a CPU or Human guy going into a puck pickup animation and scoring on his own net... too many times the CPU dman turns to go behind the net and puts the puck in... its nuts sometimes.

    I am in favor of bringing back the progression system but I'd also be in favor of going to a custom build system where everyone gets the same points from the beginning and not have to grind. I'd be ok with it. I've said numerous times on these forums different ways and different ideas to help balance(in my opinion obviously). I know others have shared their thoughts on this as well.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    booher04 wrote: »
    Gameplay needs updated for sure... too many wacky goals go in... too many go in because of a CPU or Human guy going into a puck pickup animation and scoring on his own net... too many times the CPU dman turns to go behind the net and puts the puck in... its nuts sometimes.

    I am in favor of bringing back the progression system but I'd also be in favor of going to a custom build system where everyone gets the same points from the beginning and not have to grind. I'd be ok with it. I've said numerous times on these forums different ways and different ideas to help balance(in my opinion obviously). I know others have shared their thoughts on this as well.

    This would be the perfect stance between the two systems.
  • booher04 wrote: »
    Gameplay needs updated for sure... too many wacky goals go in... too many go in because of a CPU or Human guy going into a puck pickup animation and scoring on his own net... too many times the CPU dman turns to go behind the net and puts the puck in... its nuts sometimes.

    I am in favor of bringing back the progression system but I'd also be in favor of going to a custom build system where everyone gets the same points from the beginning and not have to grind. I'd be ok with it. I've said numerous times on these forums different ways and different ideas to help balance(in my opinion obviously). I know others have shared their thoughts on this as well.

    yep.

    oh wells.
  • BLicK12
    86 posts Member
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.

    Nice strawman.

    He's not cheering the fix. He's saying that's not the reason the game mode is boring. The gamemode is boring because the gameplay and control of your player is terrible. Teams are more successful shooting turds alll game long than trying to setup actual plays.

    appreciate your opinion on my opinion on why the game mode is boring.

    Appreciate you improving your reading comprehension skills.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    booher04 wrote: »
    Gameplay needs updated for sure... too many wacky goals go in... too many go in because of a CPU or Human guy going into a puck pickup animation and scoring on his own net... too many times the CPU dman turns to go behind the net and puts the puck in... its nuts sometimes.

    I am in favor of bringing back the progression system but I'd also be in favor of going to a custom build system where everyone gets the same points from the beginning and not have to grind. I'd be ok with it. I've said numerous times on these forums different ways and different ideas to help balance(in my opinion obviously). I know others have shared their thoughts on this as well.

    This would be the perfect stance between the two systems.

    That's what I thought personally lol...

    I'm also not naive enough to believe it's a simple switch this and switch that but they dont seem to want to put the time into balancing the attributes in making all of them matter. Seems it was just easier to throw preset ones together for everyone. Hopefully they can adjust this for NHL 18 and if not, maybe NHL 19.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!