EA Forums - Banner

More European leagues in NHL games

elkins92621
27 posts Member
edited May 2017
More European leagues should be added and champions hockey league uk elite league , norway hockey league Ligue Magnus polish hockey league and anymore you think should be added
Post edited by elkins92621 on

Replies

• DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    You going to pay for the licensing?
  • They make loads of money no excuses....
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    They make loads of money no excuses....

You have access to their financials? You must have some power over at EA, make it happen yourself toolbag.
  • Why you getting rude for ****
  • As much as I want EA to increase the player base by adding smaller leagues, the truth is the majority of players don't have realistic faces and I'd prefer they spend more time and money on the actual NHL players than adding more generic European faces.
  • More European leagues should be added and champions hockey league uk elite league , norway hockey league Ligue Magnus polish hockey league and anymore you think should be added

No thank you. Rather remove everything else and put the focus on NHL. After all, the title says it's NHL game.

• They should add the khl as well great league
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    They should add the khl as well great league

You don't know how this all works, do you?

Not trying to be rude, just sayin...
  • Well yeah is cost money to get the rights so on can't cost that much money for the shl teams all the teams kits in that league are with out all the sponsors on the kit meaning they would of paid not as much as if they had been on the kits
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    Well yeah is cost money to get the rights so on can't cost that much money for the shl teams all the teams kits in that league are with out all the sponsors on the kit meaning they would of paid not as much as if they had been on the kits

Maybe we can trade Syria to Russia for the rights to the KHL?
  • So they will add the Austrian league. In my opinion they should first get the existing leagues right. F.ex. in Switzerland, there's a limit on how many foreigners a team can employ. This rule is not implemented in the game. When I started another season with the SC Bern, I could hire as many NHL-caliber free-agents as I wanted, and I was able to do ridiculous trades - trading away 2 washouts for the stars of competing teams. I stopped after just 2 games, because it's that bad, so do people really want another botch league? On top the skill gap between NHL and European teams is way bigger than in reality (at least the US national team is not rated 100 - 100 - 100 anymore. lol)
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    They used to have all sorts of stuff way back, in 2001 I think they had even localized series edition with commentary in Finnish "SM-liiga edition" or something. I can't actually remember how complete the series was. Lots of stuff dropped off with years... (and I don't mean my brain). I think I still have the game someplace (on PC, another dropped thing).

These days, not so much...
  • NuttySportsFan
    429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I support more leagues in the NHL game because it is something to help EA distinguish it from the other titles.

Just like FIFA has a ton of leagues to appeal to more potential customers, so should NHL.

Besides, the best Euro hockey leagues are much closer to the NHL in terms of average skill than the best Euro and Asian B-ball leagues are to the NBA (although one could argue Barcelona could beat any NBA team...but who cares, we are here to discuss hockey)

Also, there's tons of potential should the game ever get a proper GM mode where you have to legitimately scout the other league's pro teams as well to find breakout stars that didnt opt for the NHL draft or sign overseas superstars to improve your roster. As it currently is, GM/Franchise feels empty because it acts like the rest of the world outside of N.A. doesnt play pro hockey.

EDIT: Also start your BAP career overseas.
  • Is the khl going be in nhl19 notice that they added a khl team with the spengler cup hockey tournament is this something In the works
  • Last time I looked at ea's financial reports (publicly traded company so anyone can find it) they spent 50% of all the money they made on marketing. Many other companies that should be spending money on r&d spend way more on marketing and it's really sad.