EA Forums - Banner

Change the button to call for a pass

I thought about this from last year. What happens is you call for a pass, which is also the one touch pass button and that causes you to accidentally ice the puck. This happens often. Please change the button used to call for a pass to L2. L2 is only currently used for stopping yourself from hitting the goalie upon crashing the net and other puck retention activities. I think it makes sense.

Replies

• Sorry actually L1 would be the best. I think that's only used for special moves when you have the puck. So it would be available still.
  • This is why EA never ceases to amaze me. Right when I saw your post I remembered these notes, and didn't take long to dig them up. EA goes in circles; they don't grow or build their game. They chase their own damn tails. This was "fixed" apparently but..there it was all throughout '17.

November 6, 2015

Gameplay
    • Pokechecks now only connect with strength on the way out; they no longer connect with strength on the stick's return back to the player.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI was able to get a full powered pass right after a player calls for pass.
    • Fixed issues where players pass the puck accidentally after calling for a pass from the AI.
  • This is why EA never ceases to amaze me. Right when I saw your post I remembered these notes, and didn't take long to dig them up. EA goes in circles; they don't grow or build their game. They chase their own **** tails. This was "fixed" apparently but..there it was all throughout '17.

November 6, 2015

Gameplay
    • Pokechecks now only connect with strength on the way out; they no longer connect with strength on the stick's return back to the player.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI was able to get a full powered pass right after a player calls for pass.
    • Fixed issues where players pass the puck accidentally after calling for a pass from the AI.

Wow good find.
  • Sorry actually L1 would be the best. I think that's only used for special moves when you have the puck. So it would be available still.

That would surely introduce the new "nano-second reaction deke" glitch upon receiving the puck lol

Seriously this is an excellent idea man. Ben, please note this down for NHL 19
  • I’ve been playing and thinking about this for a while and i think the triangle button should be the change player button. it’s really a waste of a button right now, to fight or tie up? i think fighting and tie up can find another way to happen, because this problem of changing your player and passing by accident still happens.
  • Socair
    2498 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t necropost.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!