EA Forums - Banner

Change the button to call for a pass

I thought about this from last year. What happens is you call for a pass, which is also the one touch pass button and that causes you to accidentally ice the puck. This happens often. Please change the button used to call for a pass to L2. L2 is only currently used for stopping yourself from hitting the goalie upon crashing the net and other puck retention activities. I think it makes sense.

Replies

• Sorry actually L1 would be the best. I think that's only used for special moves when you have the puck. So it would be available still.
  • This is why EA never ceases to amaze me. Right when I saw your post I remembered these notes, and didn't take long to dig them up. EA goes in circles; they don't grow or build their game. They chase their own damn tails. This was "fixed" apparently but..there it was all throughout '17.

November 6, 2015

Gameplay
    • Pokechecks now only connect with strength on the way out; they no longer connect with strength on the stick's return back to the player.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI was able to get a full powered pass right after a player calls for pass.
    • Fixed issues where players pass the puck accidentally after calling for a pass from the AI.
  • This is why EA never ceases to amaze me. Right when I saw your post I remembered these notes, and didn't take long to dig them up. EA goes in circles; they don't grow or build their game. They chase their own **** tails. This was "fixed" apparently but..there it was all throughout '17.

November 6, 2015

Gameplay
    • Pokechecks now only connect with strength on the way out; they no longer connect with strength on the stick's return back to the player.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI was able to get a full powered pass right after a player calls for pass.
    • Fixed issues where players pass the puck accidentally after calling for a pass from the AI.

Wow good find.
  • Sorry actually L1 would be the best. I think that's only used for special moves when you have the puck. So it would be available still.

That would surely introduce the new "nano-second reaction deke" glitch upon receiving the puck lol

Seriously this is an excellent idea man. Ben, please note this down for NHL 19
  • I’ve been playing and thinking about this for a while and i think the triangle button should be the change player button. it’s really a waste of a button right now, to fight or tie up? i think fighting and tie up can find another way to happen, because this problem of changing your player and passing by accident still happens.
  • Socair
    2706 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t necropost.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!