EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NO BAP MODE IN NHL 18

I mean the game comes out next month and there is 0 news on BAP mode in NHL 18. I'm starting to think it is not going to be in the game. I need to know this cause if it aint I aint buying it!

Replies

• Its probably there, but i highly doubt they changed anything with it.
  • you are prolly right
  • They added request a trade apparently. See the "exclusive golden knights gameplay" topic and click the second video. Pause at 1:34 mark if you don't believe me. Surely there must be more right?
  • hey thank you man, yes it must be in there then!
  • hey thank you man, yes it must be in there then!

Still though, the lack of information is concerning.
  • very true
  • I don't even play BAP but it sure seems like EASHL in 15. Didn't even tell us it was not in the game until what 2 or 3 weeks before launch. That's when most people who played only club left the game and barely anyone has come back since.
  • I don't even play BAP but it sure seems like EASHL in 15. Didn't even tell us it was not in the game until what 2 or 3 weeks before launch. That's when most people who played only club left the game and barely anyone has come back since.

But BAP is in the game for sure. I just find it odd how nobody mentioned any changes to the mode in the slightest, and it took an "exclusive early sneek peak" from some guy with barely any views to accidentally discover this one change to the ask for a trade feature to BAP, which just so happens to be highly requested feature to be reincluded for the first time since NHL 14 or Legacy if you count that one.

It makes me wonder if anything else changed in the slightest for the better.

precisely. 15 killed the series...cause then they switched to cookie cutters and that sure as hell didnt help EASHL either

• Request Trade, thank the gods. Still, need to be able to:

View every team's lines

Record player's blocked shots stat....come EA..seriously?

View NHL stats while in CHL

Be able to take control of all skaters during SO if you want, since EA's SO's are such garbage

Speed up simulating for crying out loud!. It shouldn't take 15+ minutes if I want to sim an entire season. That goes for Franchise too, obviously.
  • and please if we win the Stanley cup let us skate with it!!!!!
  • and please if we win the Stanley cup let us skate with it!!!!!

It's deemed a worthless feature that rarely gets used. Not worth the effort.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    and please if we win the Stanley cup let us skate with it!!!!!

It's deemed a worthless feature that rarely gets used. Not worth the effort.

I agree with that sentiment. I can't believe how many people actually care about a once a season cut scene that is incredibly easy to attain but has no bearing on anything at all.
  • BruinsHockey08
    987 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Speed up simulating for crying out loud!. It shouldn't take 15+ minutes if I want to sim an entire season. That goes for Franchise too, obviously.

15 minutes would seem fast, with injuries on and the needto make trades a franchise SIM can take up to 30 minutes to an hour. It's ridiculous .
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Speed up simulating for crying out loud!. It shouldn't take 15+ minutes if I want to sim an entire season. That goes for Franchise too, obviously.

15 minutes would seem fast, with injuries on and the needto make trades a franchise SIM can take up to 30 minutes to an hour. It's ridiculous .

It might seem fast compared to franchise mode in this game, but compared to other games like 2k17? 15 minutes is ridiculous.
  • Just get an empty milk jug, paint it gold, and kiss it when you go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs against the AI. Good times.

#PartyLikeIts1995
  • CrushNHL wrote: »
    Just get an empty milk jug, paint it silver, and kiss it when you go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs against the AI. Good times.

#PartyLikeIts1995

Fixed

• Santini3 wrote: »

It might seem fast compared to franchise mode in this game, but compared to other games like 2k17? 15 minutes is ridiculous.

Compared to any game NHL 17 was ridiculously slow. I really wish they could figure this out because it's probably the biggest issue with the mode.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • On franchise they should have an option to auto assign your draft scouting...always having to stop in thw middle of a sim to set your draft scouting is annoying