EA Forums - Banner

EA Access trial date?

Says the 8th on the website but I've seen multiple people saying that it's tomorrow at 8pm est? Anybody know if that's true?

Replies

• 7th per EA Access Twitter
  • "EA Access members on Xbox One can play NHL® 18 from September 7th with Play First Trials."
  • They will not provide the exact date and time because even they don't trust themselves to release it on time.
  • I have it installed as a pre order and when I go to the store section it says the game unlocks on the 22ND at 0000hrs...but further down the EA information section on the same page its the 15th..so I have no idea what to trust now with release dates and when the ea access will open the trial.
  • Trust is earned, tread lightly.
  • Lol..so true
  • I'm getting the same thing (release date of 9-22-17). What is going on?
  • Looks like it will be released later then the original date.
    Heard some peeps talking about it tonight while playing.
  • 602RAFPuff wrote: »
    I have it installed as a pre order and when I go to the store section it says the game unlocks on the 22ND at 0000hrs...but further down the EA information section on the same page its the 15th..so I have no idea what to trust now with release dates and when the ea access will open the trial.

Heard some guys had similiar problems with Destiny 2 when it released yesterday. They had pre-ordered but were unable to launch the game, and the Xbox store said available from midnight on the 20th of Sept.

• cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Apolli0n wrote: »
    602RAFPuff wrote: »
    I have it installed as a pre order and when I go to the store section it says the game unlocks on the 22ND at 0000hrs...but further down the EA information section on the same page its the 15th..so I have no idea what to trust now with release dates and when the ea access will open the trial.

Heard some guys had similiar problems with Destiny 2 when it released yesterday. They had pre-ordered but were unable to launch the game, and the Xbox store said available from midnight on the 20th of Sept.

so what did they do?

I remember last year if you had NHL or Madden pre ordered you couldnt play the game early with the EA access 10 hour "Play trail". You had to cancel your pre order. They fixed it a day or so later. But for the hardcores like me you need, you wanted it right away.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Looks like the 12th on the website. Says if you pre-order it, you can play it on the 12th
  • Might be up now
  • Is the 12th for those that pay $20 more or for anyone who pre-orders? Looks like EA access is up now according to Operation Sports.
  • ok just tried it, NHL 18 is up with EA access
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Apolli0n wrote: »
    602RAFPuff wrote: »

so what did they do?

I remember last year if you had NHL or Madden pre ordered you couldnt play the game early with the 1-
    hour "Play trail".

Saw one of them say on twitter this morning (European time) that it still didn't work, and someone replied to him that Bungie and Xbox/MS blame each other for the problem. They get the same message you get when you launch a pre-ordered game before launch. Something like "You're too early, check the store for release date."

I pre-ordered NHL18 young stars edition via NHL17, and it says available on the 22nd of September at 00:00 in the Xbox Store. Both the e-mail confirmation I received when placing the order, and the receipt I got when the payment was made says it's available on the 12th though.

• Should I just cancel my preorder and play it through EA Access?

I remember I had that problem last year :(

Can someone confirm when NHL 18 can be played on EA Access?
  • 602RAFPuff
    48 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I uninstalled the game and also access app..then a reinstall of both but still didn't work..after fannying around I noticed a tab in the store page that said free trial. I clicked it and the machine downloaded something quick and that unlocked the 10hr trial for me.
    Post edited by 602RAFPuff on