EA Forums - Banner

Can you use created players in Classic Franchise Mode?

I saw someone post you can't use created players/customized rosters in the Expansion (31 & 32 team) modes. Can you use created players/custom rosters in the original or as renamed "Classic" Franchise Mode? I ask because this is a deal breaker for me, I primarily play Franchise mode on this game since it was introduced and don't even want the game if I can't put created players in now.

Replies

• CFlames77 wrote: »
    I saw someone post you can't use created players/customized rosters in the Expansion (31 & 32 team) modes. Can you use created players/custom rosters in the original or as renamed "Classic" Franchise Mode? I ask because this is a deal breaker for me, I primarily play Franchise mode on this game since it was introduced and don't even want the game if I can't put created players in now.

It's a deal breaker for me not being able to use them in either mode. Can't use them in 3s either. Can't put them on chl teams for draft
  • Unbelievable! WHY would they change this?? So you're telling me we can't create certain college guys/prospects and put them on their respective teams that drafted them in Franchise mode?? If this is the case I'm cancelling my pre-order. Can someone AT LEAST tell me if this will be patched in??
  • Also, can you use created players in Season mode at least?? I tend to start off with a WHL season to get used to the game play and will create a player or two and use him there.
  • I'm pretty sure you can use them in standard franchise mode. It's because of the 'time of year' that Expansion mode starts. Protection lists, expansion drafts to consider and the fact that at that time of year, the 2017 entry draft hadn't happened by that stage.
    In a standard franchise mode I see no reason why not...
    I'm gonna try one out. Find out
  • CFlames77
    114 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    That's what I figured at first as well and then someone posted on here you can't do it in Standard or Classic Franchise mode. I'm planning on playing a Standard Franchise mode so when you find out if you could please post if you can or cannot I would really it appreciate man!
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Absolutely preposterous if this is the case. EA should be ashamed of themselves as an entire development crew if this is true, that is, not being able to use them in any version of Franchise. Unacceptable for today's games.
  • I agree and honestly hope this isn't the case. I've heard from some that you CAN do it for CLASSIC mode only and I've heard that you can't do it at all in ANY Franchise mode including CLASSIC. If that's the case I'll have to get a refund for my pre-order. I hope someone can confirm this one way or the other.
  • My player was set to retire anyways but this will suck if I can't retire him in NHL 18 lol
  • CAN CONFIRM. Created players ARE in the classic version of Franchise mode. Just tested it out.
  • CAN CONFIRM. Created players ARE in the classic version of Franchise mode. Just tested it out.

AWESOME! Thanks so much for letting us know! Hopefully they can find a way to patch it/make it work in both Expansion modes.
  • I doubt that will happen, but worth a prayer I guess...
    i personally don't see why it shouldn't let created junior players be allowed in the mode. But I've tried it and it won't work as it stands.
    That's the only patch possibility. NHL additions won't happen
  • The entry draft at the end of year 1 really hurt. No Tkachuk, Svechnikov, Hughes...etc etc
  • The entry draft at the end of year 1 really hurt. No Tkachuk, Svechnikov, Hughes...etc etc

I know!! A LOT of what could be top tier players in the future not going to be there because of that! That's a big reason why it's so important for me, I have no problem creating all these players, ESPECIALLY the college kids which will never get put in unless they actually play an NHL game.
  • I was able to create 2 x 20 year old free agent skaters that I could pick up as free agents in 32 expansion franchise mode as golden knights. Not sure if it works by assigning them a team before starting a new franchise mode.
  • I've tried creating players of different ages for drafting, assigned to various chl and Europe leagues, in 32 expansion franchise mode and they don't go through. I have had them go through in classic mode, however. Really hoping they'll patch them in for expansion mode. I don't see the problem with them being in the draft following the expansion draft.
  • So after owning this game and trying over and over again to figure out how to get your created player on your expansion team, I believe I have figured it out... Step 1, create your player and leave him or her as an un-drafted player. So do not assign them to a team. 2. Create your 32nd team. 3. When you get to overview, go into rules & setting. Under quick settings, turn off salary cap because once you’ve done you expansion draft, you’ll only be left with 6 million and your created player will want about 9.25 million. 4. Once you are at the “advance to expansion draft” screen, go save your file because if your player does not sign, it will save you some time by exiting without saving and starting over at the expansion draft as opposed to starting from the absolute start. 5. Go through your expansion draft. 6. Go through your entry draft now. 7. Go through your re-sign phase. 8. Go to contracts or skip to free agency. 9. Now you are at the place where your in-assigned player will show up in the sign free agents screen. 10. Now that you’ve turned off you salary cap, you can offer your player a max of 15 million per season. It worked for me.
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I just did a test in Classic w/ Fantasy Draft where all my created players are 16, September 10th birthdays (so eligible for 2018 Entry draft), and are assigned to teams throughout the CHL. The point of that age is because I do not want them in Fantasy Draft, but do want them in future Entry draft.

I simmed the entire year (a pain in itself because EA's simming and menus are atrocious), but they are nowhere to be found, not in FAs, weren't in the Entry Draft.

They all went through in BAP though. I frequently run into my created guys in games. No idea wth is going on.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I misunderstood game, but changing from 16 to 17 September 10th shows created guy in View Draft Class. Whew. See I thought if I made 17 they would be taken in the Fantasy Draft as that birthday is before the start of the season, so I thought they'd be eligible. Oh well. Worked.
    Post edited by Axel_Owretchsin on
  • So, again, to confirm, are there ZERO plans to allow created junior players to be used in either of the expansion modes?
  • If I use created players in classsic franchise mode it will work right? What age do I need to make them and can I add them to teams in CHL and have them to use in be a pro?