EA Forums - Banner

Goalie Pads

Nice to see some new goalie pads. A little disappointed not to see the new ccm or Brian's pads though. What are the chances they will be patched in?

Replies

• Hockeytown1926
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    They should hopefully be patched in.I wish EA would do more equipment updates,especially for goalies with custom set ups like Lack,Sparks,Halak etc etc.Also sucks Bauer have removed the Supreme Total 1's and another set of Bauers.Still don't know why the Reebok's are still in the game.

Also wish you could edit different set ups for different jerseys.Like Crawford does in Chicago.he wears black pads in home games and white pads for road games.
  • Yeah it makes no sense to remove Pads that could still be in circulation, while no one wears reeboks anymore and they are still in game :S
  • They should hopefully be patched in.I wish EA would do more equipment updates,especially for goalies with custom set ups like Lack,Sparks,Halak etc etc.Also sucks Bauer have removed the Supreme Total 1's and another set of Bauers.Still don't know why the Reebok's are still in the game.

Also wish you could edit different set ups for different jerseys.Like Crawford does in Chicago.he wears black pads in home games and white pads for road games.

I suport the bold section fully... you have no idea how much it bothers me that my pads in Be a Pro will match my Home jerseys but be so out of wack for my Away jerseys...
  • You could do different goalie pad colors for eashl in 13. Like my club had one color of pads for home and a different for away. Did they remove this?
  • You could do different goalie pad colors for eashl in 13. Like my club had one color of pads for home and a different for away. Did they remove this?

I'll give you one guess.

I can't believe i forgot about that feature. It was awesome to have different setups for home and away. It truly made you feel more connected to your club.
  • I just don't understand. Pretty sure the claim with 15 was "we need to start over for a "new" system " and they still aren't close to what they had.
  • Hockeytown1926
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I was kinda more talking being about things like be a pro regarding the goalie pad thing :P I'm the kinda person that likes my game too be as real life as possible lol.So if a goalie where's different set ups,I want to be able too do it in the game :P I will edit every goalie in the game too have his real life set up.Even though EA does restrict a lot of the areas you can edit.
    Post edited by Hockeytown1926 on
  • I was kinda more talking being about things like be a pro regarding the goalie pad thing :P I'm the kinda person that likes my game too be as real life as possible lol.So if a goalie where's different set ups,I want too be able too do it in the game :P I will edit every goalie in the game too have his real life set up.Even though EA does restrict a lot of the areas you can edit.

I'm that kinda person as well. But beware, if you edit goalies in the main menu, not all the changes you made will be in franchise mode. Most of the time they do have the right gear, but it is kinda random colored. Must be a saving problem or whatever. Of course it has been this way for years. And frequently it won't even save properly when you edit the goalies in franchise mode. I always save and then double check, which is very annoying.
  • I like that they put in the CCM premier 2 with the patch. But some new gear is still missing, such as Brian's optiks, which are used by many goalies. Don't know if they are allowed to use customized Brian's gear (Dubnyk, Lack, Demko, Sparks).
  • MaxPac67 wrote: »
    I like that they put in the CCM premier 2 with the patch. But some new gear is still missing, such as Brian's optiks, which are used by many goalies. Don't know if they are allowed to use customized Brian's gear (Dubnyk, Lack, Demko, Sparks).

They had Miller's custom Vancouver pads in NHL 16 i believe.
  • Hi guys! Amazing news from Brian's :
  • Sweet! I hope EA gets the color zones right for once.
  • I wish EA could get more licenses for goalie equipment. Especially the older brands and models, like Roy's custom Lefebvre pads or vintage VAUGHN VPG 1000 Legacy pads. I know they are discontinued models, but maybe because they are discontinued the licensing for them might be more affordable.

I'd also like for more areas on the equipment to be editable.
  • EA Please add the Brians Heritage Pro line while you are adding the Optiks!!!