EA Forums - Banner

Once again, EA, my 18-year-old created players are not designated under Rookies in Franchise

Just like last year, unfixed, completely ignored. At least a few years ago your create player had Rookie - Yes/No, but then you guys ditched that in 17 for some reason. It shouldn't be that hard to have your created players be recognized as rookies and qualify for Calder trophy.

Replies

• I was hoping they were going to fix this for NHL 18 :s
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Am testing numerous things. I even made him 17 and put him on a CHL team, started new Franchise, and still nothing. It's actually more incompetent than I thought lol, because after simming a few games, he's playing on the team and getting points at 17 when he's not even allowed to be there bc of age. It's just incredible lazy and inept.
  • Ok, so just did final test.

17 years old (so can't play this season)
    Assigned to Firebirds of OHL
    Started Classic Franchise, no Fantasy draft
    Simulated entire year to Entry Draft
    Created player taken #1 overall

Not...listed...under...Rookie Skaters...

Truly unbelievable EA. Patch this in. We shouldn't have to move heaven and earth just to get our created guys to be recognized as rookies.
  • I'm actually having troubles getting my created player drafted. Do you have to do it in classic mode? I appear to be unable to in expansions. This is very disapointing
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Vambo204 wrote: »
    I'm actually having troubles getting my created player drafted. Do you have to do it in classic mode? I appear to be unable to in expansions. This is very disapointing

I haven't toyed with expansion yet (because I can't do Fantasy Draft with it), but my suggestion would be set your created guys to 17 years of age, and assign them to CHL teams. When you hit 2018 draft, they should be there in the entry draft.

This thread might help too: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/143878/how-to-add-custom-player-to-32th-team-in-franchise-mode#latest

But it looks like EA just doesn't allow custom rosters for Expansion modes, despite it being...a video game..

• Yeah, I don't know why this legacy issue always crops back up in some form. Also, if you edit a drafted player not currently in the NHL (like Hischier) his draft position on his player card changes to "undrafted." It's cosmetic, sure, but still annoying. The rookie thing is a much bigger issue.
  • Hey. I found out how your created player can be a rookie and win the calder. I always used to assign my player to a CHL team however if you do not assign him he will still be available in the draft and for some reason will then be eligible for the calder. Also I always used to have to create my player and sim a year to draft him which was annoying however now you can just go to the 31 team expansion when you start a franchise and draft him immediately! I drafted my guy to the bruins and he led the team in scoring with 70 pts and won the calder trophy by a landslide! Also if you make the player low elite potential and keep him at 86 overall or below he will go around 22-25th in the draft which I thought was cool!
  • Also super annoying, in Franchise mode the rookie Calder leaders have a bunch of guys that have played years in the NHL. Anyone else having this issue? It's ridiculous.....I have had some amazing ideas for the hockey game, I'm wondering who EA hires for development of this game. (**** weak)#goshitinaplant
  • And where is roster sharing, and have something for young guys that have no face card on their profile... it's 2018, get a grip EA. I wish 2K was still around for competition
  • Vambo204 wrote: »
    I'm actually having troubles getting my created player drafted. Do you have to do it in classic mode? I appear to be unable to in expansions. This is very disapointing

Hey man, create your player (1998 or 1999). Once done:

1. DO NOT assign to a team
    2. Leave unassigned, go to Rosters > Player Movement
    3. Pull up the Free Agency, scroll down until you find your created player.
    4. MOVE that player to a CHL team.
    5. He will show up in the 2017 draft, right after the Expansion Draft in Expansion Mode.

NOTE: Even guys that are supposed to be in the 2018 draft that have been created (ie. Adam Boqvist, created and placed on Erie Otters with correct birth date) will for some reason be in the 2017 Draft only for Expansion, however he will be in the 2018 for Classic mode as wanted.

Hope this helps my man.
  • Yeah, I don't know why this legacy issue always crops back up in some form. Also, if you edit a drafted player not currently in the NHL (like Hischier) his draft position on his player card changes to "undrafted." It's cosmetic, sure, but still annoying. The rookie thing is a much bigger issue.

Its funny because we are now in November and even though they have released many roster updates, if you edit Nico or Nolan, they STILL become undrafted. One thing I've always wanted to be able to do was change player height + weight. Gameplay-wise, Jake Virtanen looks like a 260lbs beer leaguer because he is a heavier player, thus making him extremely thick looking (Even though he looks extremely normal on the ice in real life).