EA Forums - Banner

Has anyone at EA ever played this game?

Honestly has anyone at EA played this game and actually had fun doing so? The poke-checking spam and the absurd pick up the puck physics make this game more of a hassle to play then fun to play.

Replies

• Try avoiding the pokes better. Stickhandle, dump and chase, pass, etc. Don't let yourself get poked so much. The same thing happened last year. People complained about the poke check. They also adapted so they weren't getting poked all the time.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Try avoiding the pokes better. Stickhandle, dump and chase, pass, etc. Don't let yourself get poked so much. The same thing happened last year. People complained about the poke check. They also adapted so they weren't getting poked all the time.

Yes, lets adapt to a game that has more broken features/mechanics than ones that work.

Post of the year right there. ;)
    Try avoiding the pokes better. Stickhandle, dump and chase, pass, etc. Don't let yourself get poked so much. The same thing happened last year. People complained about the poke check. They also adapted so they weren't getting poked all the time.

Yes, lets adapt to a game that has more broken features/mechanics than ones that work.

Because the problem is entirely the game, and not any player's skill. So many people think they're amazing at a game and immediately blame the game when they fail at something.

Dunning kruger effect in full force on these boards. Because ya'll are amazingly perfect at the game.
  • RSall14
    579 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    He's not wrong about the poke check spam. People whom I've played that are on the lower end of the skill spectrum have a tendency to spam poke. Worse part is they don't get called for as many penalties as they should. Plenty of times where I'll strip them of the puck and they immediately resort to spamming poke. Most of the time nothing will happen, I'll just keep going up ice while they spam away at my legs from behind. I like where poke check is at in general but the pokes from behind need to be less effective and have an increased chance at tripping. Increasing the chance for tripping would not only punish the spammers but also show them that this isn't a viable way to play.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    He's not wrong about the poke check spam. People whom I've played that are on the lower end of the skill spectrum have a tendency to spam poke. Worse part is they don't get called for as many penalties as they should. Plenty of times where I'll strip them of the puck and they immediately resort to spamming poke. Most of the time nothing will happen, I'll just keep going up ice while they spam away at my legs from behind. I like where poke check is at in general but the pokes from behind need to be less effective and have an increased chance at tripping. Increasing the chance for tripping would not only punish the spammers but also show them that this isn't a viable way to play.

Agreed.

Because the problem is entirely the game, and not any player's skill. So many people think they're amazing at a game and immediately blame the game when they fail at something.

Dunning kruger effect in full force on these boards. Because ya'll are amazingly perfect at the game.

I agree with both of you here! I don't claim to be a great player but I'm not a poor player either!

It irks me despite being in what appears to be perfect position for my Winger to block a slap shot, that the shot is allowed to physically pass through my players skate and or leg and continue on its path...what's the point of trying to get your players in "perfect" position to block a shot when that is allowed to constantly happen game in and game out?

It irks me when my poke check works to perfection one minute and then a mere 15-20 sec later, my poke check is rendered useless because the Game decides to make my stick invisible and physically pass through opponents stick and the puck

Here, this is what irks me. The SOMETIMES effect of the game! SOMETIMES objects are solid, SOMETIMES they are rendered invisible...WHY? Solid, then invisible then solid and then invisible again all in a matter of mere seconds. WHAT game code or program decides when a object will be solid vs invisible at these particular times of the game!

#26 white stick CONNECTS with the puck but yet physically passes through #27 white skate. Puck continues on it's path towards the goalie, #9 red stick is physically passing though the pad as the puck is near the pad, the pad is rendered INVISIBLE puck and stick pass through it and into the net for a goal!

I'm sorry how are you supposed to DEFEND something like that!
    YES, playing better positional Hockey will help but what good is Good Positioning when this happens??
  • Can you still take the puck through the boards if it's on your stick? Or are those now solid all the time?
  • RichardDick
    74 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Sinbin wrote: »

First, I never said the problem is entirely the game.

Second, I made no comment about my skill at the game.

The “git good” posts are becoming tiresome. Adapting to a change in controls/new mechanic is one thing. Unfortunately there is no way to adapt to the insane amount of inconsistency (the “Sometimes Effect” as stated by joefitz22) in this series.

I was also replying to a post from a member who defends this abomination of a hockey game at every opportunity.

You can call it the Dunning Kruger effect all you want but it doesn’t apply when it’s not only the bad players complaining.