EA Forums - Banner

I Beat a Team and He Blamed Ea aka Ice tilt lol

Prev1
DontNeedTips
187 posts Member
edited September 2017
Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

Replies

  • Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    I had an opponent send me a msg once that read: YOU CHEATED! I sent back: How So? His reply: You played Defense, NOBODY plays Defense in video game Hockey! Me: Sorry I didn't know it was against the law to play Defense in video game Hockey
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    I had an opponent send me a msg once that read: YOU CHEATED! I sent back: How So? His reply: You played Defense, NOBODY plays Defense in video game Hockey! Me: Sorry I didn't know it was against the law to play Defense in video game Hockey

    LMAO!!!!
  • In nhl 13 I have 80 some wins and half of them are shutouts. People did not like playing me. But I suck at scoring or I'd have won more.
  • Red Bull and hot pockets dillude the brain man.
  • Red Bull and hot pockets dillude the brain man.

    Dillude, eh bud? :relieved:
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.
  • DontNeedTips
    187 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    First off they were buddies playing together and they picked forward positions. I play D . they immediately had the advantage.

    I have played nhl since 09, I NEVER played a game where my ALL my passes , pokes and hits didn't work. I would seriously and strongly suggest if anyone has encountered that problem to re-evaluate their game.

    I have played on the east while being a West coast player MANY times , it's not like In the 3rd period the lag all of a sudden comes , no , I'm very aware of it right off the draw and adjust accordingly.

    Your last paragraph, much like your sour bitter post , is the most outlandish to me. I NEVER in all my online vs games played a game where I should have lost by 10 goals lol. And anytime I Beat someone bad , its because they played poorly.

    I get messages a lot from "good" players in online vs and "top" forwards who blame everything but THEIR play Sooo ...yea.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    You must of never played base. Not even ea luck can help me beat that guy. Skill is still the largest factor, lose the tin foil hat.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    You must of never played base. Not even ea luck can help me beat that guy. Skill is still the largest factor, lose the tin foil hat.

    You take an extreme because you cannot see the obvious.

    Skill gap is reduced. That doesnt mean it takes 0 skill, it just takes WAY less skill to be successful. You still need to learn a few tricks BUT, the teams who would have beat you 20-0 before will barely beat you by 2 goals now most games. Now when it comes to teams marginally better than you....its a crap shoot. If you used to play fair games in a radius of 20 teams below and above you, now its more like 200 below and above you. You will beat much better teams more often and you will lose to much worse teams more often. That doesnt mean that you have a 50/50 chance to beat the top 10 teams on the other hand....there is always a small top percentage who does nothing but play and who are masters of the game and every glitch shot etc. So yah, you arent likely to win those games unless you are at least in the top 50. But a few years ago, you had to be in the top 20 to beat top 10 teams and even that was rare enough.


  • Kezz Imma help you out bro. You speak as if you pass of fact but its all your own personal theory.

    I'm sorry If you have played nhl and you won 4-2 instead of 15-2 . you clearly have some sort of superiority complex. Its just very clear to any rational person but YOU .

    Guess what bro, I play this game too . I play TWO different modes . You know what I do in both modes exceedingly well? Play Defense .

    I can promise you in either mode , if I'm versusing someone who sucks , guess what ? They are going to be in for a long effing day. ALL THE TIME . I play CONSISTENT fantastic D against anyone .

    If anyone takes exception to that , play against me. I can all but GUARENTEE you won't score more than ONE goal.

    I laughed out loud when I read "teams marginally better than you ....it's a crapshoot" lol. Well....duh...if I'm marginally either better or lesser skilled than a person , by definition of marginally better its going to be or should be a very tight game .

    To me its simple , I handle scrubs easily . they actually end up quitting in both modes I play regularly. The ones who don't quit aren't scrubs and can carry their own weight.

    Yawn.
  • First off they were buddies playing together and they picked forward positions. I play D . they immediately had the advantage.

    I have played nhl since 09, I NEVER played a game where my ALL my passes , pokes and hits didn't work. I would seriously and strongly suggest if anyone has encountered that problem to re-evaluate their game.

    I have played on the east while being a West coast player MANY times , it's not like In the 3rd period the lag all of a sudden comes , no , I'm very aware of it right off the draw and adjust accordingly.

    Your last paragraph, much like your sour bitter post , is the most outlandish to me. I NEVER in all my online vs games played a game where I should have lost by 10 goals lol. And anytime I Beat someone bad , its because they played poorly.

    I get messages a lot from "good" players in online vs and "top" forwards who blame everything but THEIR play Sooo ...yea.

    All due respect...but you KNOW when SGC or fat man lag is there. You'll know...you'll know.

    We got a message last night "well we can thank EA for that win, sorry guys"...even the guys who won knew we hauled 🎃🎃🎃🎃 all game and should have steamrolled them. We outshot them 45-8 and lost 6-1. 5 of his shots were floating wristers or along the ice backhanders unscreened from the point.

  • @trw1987

    Na, don't believe you . You outshoot someone 45-8 and lost 6-1 (if I even choose to believe that) ?

    That's a joke. Your defense sucks and your ability to score sucks .

    Next time post up some gameplay and I'll tell you what you did wrong. Don't want the free help? Ok. Keep trying 45 shots and only scoring 1 goal and keep giving up 8 shots and giving up 6 goals bahahahahah.



  • People cant understand that losing is part of the game, everytime something goes against them "stupid 🎃🎃🎃🎃 game god EA do something about this you suck"
  • @trw1987

    Na, don't believe you . You outshoot someone 45-8 and lost 6-1 (if I even choose to believe that) ?

    That's a joke. Your defense sucks and your ability to score sucks .

    Next time post up some gameplay and I'll tell you what you did wrong. Don't want the free help? Ok. Keep trying 45 shots and only scoring 1 goal and keep giving up 8 shots and giving up 6 goals bahahahahah.



    your team need a new goalie
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    You must of never played base. Not even ea luck can help me beat that guy. Skill is still the largest factor, lose the tin foil hat.

    You take an extreme because you cannot see the obvious.

    Skill gap is reduced. That doesnt mean it takes 0 skill, it just takes WAY less skill to be successful. You still need to learn a few tricks BUT, the teams who would have beat you 20-0 before will barely beat you by 2 goals now most games. Now when it comes to teams marginally better than you....its a crap shoot. If you used to play fair games in a radius of 20 teams below and above you, now its more like 200 below and above you. You will beat much better teams more often and you will lose to much worse teams more often. That doesnt mean that you have a 50/50 chance to beat the top 10 teams on the other hand....there is always a small top percentage who does nothing but play and who are masters of the game and every glitch shot etc. So yah, you arent likely to win those games unless you are at least in the top 50. But a few years ago, you had to be in the top 20 to beat top 10 teams and even that was rare enough.


    Lots of anecdotal evidence here. Not really worth discussing further. Git gud or get over losing.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    You must of never played base. Not even ea luck can help me beat that guy. Skill is still the largest factor, lose the tin foil hat.

    You take an extreme because you cannot see the obvious.

    Skill gap is reduced. That doesnt mean it takes 0 skill, it just takes WAY less skill to be successful. You still need to learn a few tricks BUT, the teams who would have beat you 20-0 before will barely beat you by 2 goals now most games. Now when it comes to teams marginally better than you....its a crap shoot. If you used to play fair games in a radius of 20 teams below and above you, now its more like 200 below and above you. You will beat much better teams more often and you will lose to much worse teams more often. That doesnt mean that you have a 50/50 chance to beat the top 10 teams on the other hand....there is always a small top percentage who does nothing but play and who are masters of the game and every glitch shot etc. So yah, you arent likely to win those games unless you are at least in the top 50. But a few years ago, you had to be in the top 20 to beat top 10 teams and even that was rare enough.


    Lots of anecdotal evidence here. Not really worth discussing further. Git gud or get over losing.

    im not going to lower my IQ to the level of people on the forums who reply to everything with "git gud" as an all around argument to everything they disagree with.

    We both know that I cannot show you statistic that demonstrate the goal disparity average between teams in 11 and in 16 but anyone who isnt an angry teenager (or the brains of) will admit the games are overall way closer than they ever have been and this, regardless of the skill difference.

  • People cant understand that losing is part of the game, everytime something goes against them "stupid **** game god EA do something about this you suck"

    its been said a million times, but apparently YOU cannot understand that its not about winning or losing.

    We had a 21-1 record and we hated 19 out of the 22 games we played. It is unfun. It is unrewarding. The score NEVER represents the performance on the ice by both teams. Having superior hockey IQ and vision does not reward you. Most of our nice plays were rewarded with absurd saves....then we ended up scoring the same 1-2 ways everyone else scores in this game. Skate left shoot right or trash goals.

    Any game where this happens cannot be called a skill based game. Not truly. This would be like using a gauge that reads at a 10% accuracy instead of a 1% accuracy. Most wont understand the reference....but essentially, a 10% accuracy gauge will read how much water you have but not as precisely as the 1% gauge. This is what this game is like....the skill is so dilluted that the skill level cannot truly be calculated with precision....its probably more in chunks of 500-1000 teams.
  • Kezz Imma help you out bro. you clearly have some sort of superiority complex. Its just very clear to any rational person but YOU .

    You know what I do exceedingly well? Play Defense .
    if I'm versusing someone , They are going to be in for a long effing day.
    I play CONSISTENT fantastic D against anyone .
    If anyone takes exception to that , play against me.
    I can all but GUARENTEE you won't score more than ONE goal.
    I handle scrubs easily . they actually end up quitting in both modes I play regularly.

    I cut down some of the white noise in your post. Hopefully you can reread this version and realize something about yourself.

    Im not sure its even worth discussing anything else further with you at this point.

    All ill say is that when you grow up, you'll become more and more comfortable with who you are (outside a game) and about your career, your achievements, your milestones and your overall knowledge to sound more and more confident about yourself. Having faith in what I know and say based on years of experience is a different thing than having a superiority complex.

    But hey, as long as you know that every games you win in NHL are because you are a god of defense, who am I to burst your bubble and tell you otherwise.

    By the way, in those 2 modes you play, how often did you hit the top 5 on the leaderboard? Heck, top 50? top 100?
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Kezz Imma help you out bro. You speak as if you pass of fact but its all your own personal theory.
    you clearly have some sort of superiority complex. Its just very clear to any rational person but YOU .

    You know what I do exceedingly well? Play Defense .
    I can promise you if I'm versusing someone They are going to be in for a long effing day. ALL THE TIME .
    I play CONSISTENT fantastic D against anyone .
    If anyone takes exception to that , play against me.
    I can all but GUARENTEE you won't score more than ONE goal.
    I handle scrubs easily .
    they actually end up quitting in both modes I play regularly.


    I removed the white noise from your post. Maybe now, if you re-read it in the quote above, you will realize something about yourself. There is really little left to discuss with someone as delusional at this point.

    I guess as long as in your eyes, each of your wins are because you are a god of defense, who am I to burst your bubble.

    By the way, a little fact about facts:
    Your view of your own skill level isnt a fact.
    Me hitting the top 5 leaderboards several times (top 100 almost all the time) is a fact.

    So lets talk facts. Tell me how often, in those 2 modes you play so perfectly, did you hit top 5. Heck, top 50? top 100?

    PS: what exactly was your point with the original post to begin with? are you so uncomfortable with yourself that you need to make a bragging post on the forums for emotional reinforcement? We're not your parents buddy. Its not our job to hold your hand and tell you that you did well. Your whole post is showing a hateful and unhealthy side of you pretty openly. maybe thats also very clear to any rational person but you.


  • Cheese and crackers @kezz123

    You have so much in your post that I don't have the time or patience to break it all down , but I will.

    I'll address your post sometime tomorrow . just know I read It . I'm amused by it. And I'll take ot apart piece by piece addressing your "facts" . well the ones you chose to fit your narrative you sly dog :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!