EA Forums - Banner

32 item card pack scam job

Hello.
Anyway.Today I bought two packs one from $33 and one for $6.99
Needed 3000 points to get the main pack.I got my main pack but didn't receive my second pack so talked online they couldn't fix it so they said delete my game and redownload which didn't work.I called and now am still waiting.Now to my point I spent the last of my trapped PlayStation store money to buy the 500 points to add to my 2800 so I could buy the main pack rather than wait.I bought the pack and opened it to find I got fk all !!! I got one 86 which I already had and the rest were lower garbage.I feel totally ripped off spending almost as much as the **** game for nothing.Just wondering if this happed to anyone else.
PS...Never buying a cash card pack again and in the end **** YOU EA!!

Replies

• I must have missed the pack that was guaranteed good players.
  • vonwisdom wrote: »
    Hello.
    Anyway.Today I bought two packs one from $33 and one for $6.99
    Needed 3000 points to get the main pack.I got my main pack but didn't receive my second pack so talked online they couldn't fix it so they said delete my game and redownload which didn't work.I called and now am still waiting.Now to my point I spent the last of my trapped PlayStation store money to buy the 500 points to add to my 2800 so I could buy the main pack rather than wait.I bought the pack and opened it to find I got fk all !!! I got one 86 which I already had and the rest were lower garbage.I feel totally ripped off spending almost as much as the **** game for nothing.Just wondering if this happed to anyone else.
    PS...Never buying a cash card pack again and in the end **** YOU EA!!

You realize that it’s like playing the lottery right ? you buy and you hope that you’re gonna win but most of the times you lose or you get a lil something. Don’t waste money, you should have played all the challenges when you were able to play everything on rookie but they patched it and now it’s **** hard. I got mcdavid and another player worth 150k back then and that’s the only reason why i have a stacked team with lidstrom,karlsson,doughty,benn,segin,tarasenko,kucherov etc...never use money for virtual players it’s useless unless you don’t mind throwing your money out the window. You can compete with everyone even with a team full of 85,86 if you have a good connection, even if i have lidstrom at 92, he’s not better than a 84 overall when i get lag.
  • The odds are usually very low in this kind lottery. Sometimes you get the jackpot but most of the times you get more or less nothing. I had an insane luck with the 1500 ppoint packages this year (Legend St. Louis, Legend Koivu, TOTW Kane, base kane, base Crosby, 2x base Stamkos, 2x base Malkin, 2 x base Doughty and a lot of of the good 86-87 rated players. Ea is literally throwing the good cards to me. However, I never had this kind of luck in all the years before.

So if you dont can easily afford to buy packages just for fun, you should never do it. There are so many other ways to get players and good packages. I just completed one of the big challenges and received the 20 rare player package. It only cost me a few hours and I had alot of fun with the challinging games on the higher levels.
  • petejenkev
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Yes, doing the challenges is a VERY good way to get some coins [too bad I didn't know about the slider glitch and now I'm getting shaftet and cheated by the god-like AI almost every game. Typical EA-Frustration set in already].

Also, make sure to get the daily sign-in bonus and watch the two or three advertising videos.

After the seventh day day the daily sign-in bonus nets you 1.500 and the advertising videos 600 [if they release three of them]. That combined with you only playing/winning ONE game your total would be around 3.000 coins with little effort.

In addition to that you might want to work the market a little bit. Buy low - sell high.

I play HUT since its introduction which was and the best player I've got so far was TOTW P.K.Subban which I sold for 240.000. Other than that I'ver never gotten any star player.

Anyway, I, too, can only encourage you NOT to spend ANY money on packs.
    Of course it's your cash and you can do with it whatever you want, but keep in mind what else you could get for the money you throw down the mouth of a billion dollar corporation that still is unable to provide us with a hockey game that comes with a decent skating engine, somewhat realistic collision detection and an AI that is NOT borderline lobotomized.
    Post edited by petejenkev on
  • petejenkev wrote: »
    Yes, doing the challenges is a VERY good way to get some coins [too bad I didn't know about the slider glitch and now I'm getting shaftet and cheated by the god-like AI almost every game. Typical EA-Frustration set in already].

Without the slider it is indeed challinging, I did all my challenges without the slider, just ompleted the one where you get a 20 rare player pack today. Due to the diffuculty it was even fun because I really needed to give my best. It was hard to beat Holtby, Murray, Crawford,. Bobrovksi, Dubnyk and Price on superstar but even an average player (D3) like me it is possible without the the slider.
  • Finch1965 wrote: »
    petejenkev wrote: »

Without the slider it is indeed challinging, I did all my challenges without the slider, just ompleted the one where you get a 20 rare player pack today. Due to the diffuculty it was even fun because I really needed to give my best. It was hard to beat Holtby, Murray, Crawford,. Bobrovksi, Dubnyk and Price on superstar but even an average player (D3) like me it is possible without the the slider.

I switched to play "Position Lock" and sometimes that helps - besides it's fun to watch how the AI is trying to "cheat-out" each other.

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    A $33 pack?

giphy.gif
  • A $33 pack?

giphy.gif

Yeah, 33.00 buys you a 6-Pack of some darn good beer!

Anyway, I can see "Online/Virtual" gambling become an acknowledged addiction within the next couple of years. Sad.

A $33 pack?

giphy.gif

Anyway, I can see "Online/Virtual" gambling become an acknowledged addiction within the next couple of years. Sad.

A 6 pack for 33$ ?? I pay that for 24 beers lol

$33 for a 6 pack?

giphy.gif
  • petejenkev
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Depends on what beer you like:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/641/1745/

:)

This one's usually somewhere between $5.00 and $7.00 a bottle.

True. Dunno where you live but in Ottawa we have a bar in Little Italy called Pub Italia. Last Christmas they had a beer called Samichlaus (seasonal Christmas beer) and it was something like $16 a pint.

But still ... $33 a pack? Dang.

True. Dunno where you live but in Ottawa we have a bar in Little Italy called Pub Italia. Last Christmas they had a beer called Samichlaus (seasonal Christmas beer) and it was something like $16 a pint.

But still ... $33 a pack? Dang.

I'm in Seattle.

No kiddin',...this is a very expensive beer and I discovered it by accident, when I and my wife went to a French restaurant here in Seattle.
    I'm not big on wine so I asked the barkeep what beer they have on tap and she gave me one of those "Duches".....

I was smitten!

Although,...it's a very sour beer and more suitable for summer - once winter rolls around I'm pretty sure that Samichlaus beer would be a way to go.
    I'm German, so I guess "Samichlaus" means "St. Nikolaus" in German, but I'm not sure - but $16 a pint is steep, BUT,....I still think it's better to spend some money on beer, wine and food instead of virtual hockey cards.

• Apparently Samichlaus is only brewed once a year (no Christmas metaphor intended) which is why it's so pricey.

I have nothing against people buying packs. Just come Black Friday this game will be $33.
  • Oh, please don't get me wrong I don't have anything against people who are buying packs either, but one must be prepared that those packs suck.

I bought one pack for 1.99$ just to see if it would be any better compared to what I was getting from playing and accumulating coins,...it was not, so I never looked back and always tried to get a decent team without paying real cash for packs.

To be honest, it'll deprive me of some sense of entitlement if I would just shell out a couple hundred of bucks in order to get my most wanted cards. I'm not saying I like to grind, but I don't mind being it a part of the game.
  • I do not feel sorry for people who pay money for a pack and don't get anything. Stop making poor decisions. Learn from your mistakes.
  • Yea... I mean it's totally senseless to waste money on virtual cards.... I mean almost as silly as wasting money on a video game or something...

ohwait.
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Yea... I mean it's totally senseless to waste money on virtual cards.... I mean almost as silly as wasting money on a video game or something...

ohwait.

Or console itself. Or cable TV, or latest album, or cinema tickets, or concert tickets, or entry fee to nightclub and so on. Unreal on how many useless things these stupid people are willing to spend their money on.

• ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Yea... I mean it's totally senseless to waste money on virtual cards.... I mean almost as silly as wasting money on a video game or something...

ohwait.

Or console itself. Or cable TV, or latest album, or cinema tickets, or concert tickets, or entry fee to nightclub and so on. Unreal on how many useless things these stupid people are willing to spend their money on.

jeez I know... you guys are all so wasteful, you should be ashamed... AND DONT EVEN TELL ME YOU HAVE NETFLIX OR HULU... you disrespectful animals