EA Forums - Banner

Gold collectibles

Prev1
I am very frustrated in that it took 25 gold plus packs to get one... ONE gold collectible!
With no other way to get them this is absolutely ludicrous...
At least bring back trade ins for jerseys, arena, logo, coaches like last year.
At this rate i would need to spend $1000 U.S. just to get the collectibles for one hero.

Either change the rate at which they come out of packs or bring back the trade ins like last year.

Until then no more $$$ from me.

E.A. look up my account, see how much i spent last year and look at this year. Do you like money?

And trolls, i work hard for my money i spend it how i want

Replies

• The 150k packs had lots of golds. 5-7 in some .
  • The 150k packs had lots of golds. 5-7 in some .

Yeah that's how I picked up a bunch.
  • Yeah but now they arent in shop.
  • RSall14
    612 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Almost all the regular gold packs from CS have given me a gold collectible. I don't know if I'm just lucky or the chances of pulling it is greater.
  • I think it's all working out. You don't need as many golds and carbs as last year to complete sets. I think last year for a mov set you needed like 4 carbs. Now you need 1.
  • these posts are way too common
  • If theyre common, there must be a reason ;)
  • Yea there is, people hate not getting their way... you're complaining about the fact that random packs are giving you good content
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Yea there is, people hate not getting their way... you're complaining about the fact that random packs are giving you good content

Way too many cooks
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Yea there is, people hate not getting their way... you're complaining about the fact that random packs are giving you good content

But this one is true ESPO. We talked about this a few days after the game came out. They messed up the collectables in this game. They have come down but, financially, the sets still aren't worth doing.
  • People said the same thing last year.
  • I'm doing my best to stay away from any packs, just trying to get games in for coins and play the auction house. EA is stooping themselves to another level every year. Packs never change value but the content always is on the decline, quicksell values drop... whats with the team item upgrade? is this a joke? why would i trade in 3 arenas to get 1? Am i missing something?
  • morelliFIN
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Im aiming to do Simmonds set, or at least hextall. Not worth? Getting master collectible or two. Later there'll be set where you can get something really good with un used masters, thats what Im counting on. Doing at least some set every time, did 3 sets in faceoff.
    Post edited by morelliFIN on
  • Wow...
  • People said the same thing last year.

But last year you could build the collectables. Using things you didn't need that came in packs. That made buying packs more worthwhile and doing sets easier. This year, you are better off saving your money and buying the player you want on the market.
  • I am very frustrated in that it took 25 gold plus packs to get one... ONE gold collectible!
    With no other way to get them this is absolutely ludicrous...
    At least bring back trade ins for jerseys, arena, logo, coaches like last year.
    At this rate i would need to spend $1000 U.S. just to get the collectibles for one hero.

Either change the rate at which they come out of packs or bring back the trade ins like last year.

Until then no more $$$ from me.

E.A. look up my account, see how much i spent last year and look at this year. Do you like money?

And trolls, i work hard for my money i spend it how i want

$1000, you hit it on the head. That's all that HUT is about, taking your money. Of course they are going to make them hard to find. That way you keep giving them more money. It's just a trap. For some players it is a sick addiction.
  • Carbs and golds are worth about the same as last year. You also do t need as many as you did last year to do some sets. So it's basically all the same. And sure some or even most sets aren't worth doing if you're looking to make coins. But you still get those master collectables and some people like to only use players they pull.
  • Carbs and golds are worth about the same as last year. You also do t need as many as you did last year to do some sets. So it's basically all the same. And sure some or even most sets aren't worth doing if you're looking to make coins. But you still get those master collectables and some people like to only use players they pull.

They are worth the same. There are also far fewer out there (total including what's been used). Last year people were able to build the collectables so the ones they used to complete sets didn't cost the coins ( they cost real money from buying more packs ). There is no way there have even been close to as many HERO sets done this year as there were last year. It costs like 300k to do most of those sets and the card is only worth 100k. A 200k loss x 15 sets is 3 million loss. You can still buy 99 JJ or 99 Iggy for less. Most sets ( All? ) just aren't worth doing. Just buy the player on the market. Saves coins in the end.
  • I love doing sets.
  • I love doing sets.

Me too!! I wish it made any sense to do them!! I did every Hero set last year. I even wanted them to do an S2 HERO set. I did almost every set last year. Just can't this year. It's dumb.