EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

HUT Attributes Don't Matter

Multiple YouTubers do study's and experiments every single year since NHL 15 with the switch to this current game engine about the actual affects of attributes on HUT cards.
Every single one of the experiments I've heard of has shown a negligible difference between a guy like Crosby and a guy like John Scott.
2bc productions released a video in 2015 showing the current gen vs old gen, that on the old gen attributes made a difference in everything from puck control speed, dekeing, and skating, and on the new one they don't make a difference at all. Look up his videos about the topic and prepare to get angry.
Another YouTuber raced Stamkos and Tavares from goal line to goal line, and Stamkos finished barely a step ahead, when according to their stats you would think stamkos would blow by Tavares.
They also tested Stamkos with and without the Silky Smooth and Thread the Needle Syngeries, and the speed was exactly the same, indicating synergies don't actually do anything.

So for the love of god, stop supporting EA with your money for packs that A) are not that much better than an 86 overall player, and B) are being used in this currently unplayable tuner state.

Replies

• Good luck winning with a team of 86s.
  • Give a good player a team with 86s and a team of 87+. Guarantee they produce better with the 87+.
  • the people with the stronger teams invariably are the people that exploit the overpowering puck control and that kind of stuff...
    IAmTheNizz wrote: »
    Give a good player a team with 86s and a team of 87+. Guarantee they produce better with the 87+.

Good player definitely can win with a team of 86s. Year after year there are players that are having good success winning 1st div titles with pretty much quicksell teams. It's about the player, not about the team. Of course, having a stacked team helps a bit, but if a good player with a superstar team, and a great player with a team of 86s play against each other, the great player is going to win 9/10 times.

Impact of having stacked team in HUT is highly overrated.
  • Finch1965
    256 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I would not say you can not win with a 86 overall team. A better player will always find a way to win. However, with two players on the same level, I think we have a different discussion.

I can say for fact that my faster players like MS McDavid, MS Kucherov or FB Gaborik are much faster than the others. The players with the better shoting accuracy ratings score more often. Players with higher checking rates are fare moff effective when checking etc.

I would even say, that the player rating matters more than in the prvious years.
  • I agree that the better player will win regardless of team.. but I would not say 9/10 times... unless you are talking about a rank 100 VS a rank 10,000... but people with similar ranks the edge goes to the guy with the better team
  • 100% overalls matter. It gives a edge in close games for sure and the higher overalls hit shots much better. Im number 3 online seasons atm. That 99 jagr is crazy good.
  • Plus faceoffs this year are a hugeeee deal. IF you are always losing them in the defensive zone a good player will make you pay. The lower base cards have good faceoff ratings but nothing like some of the higher legends/special cards with 94-99.
    Give a good player a team with 86s and a team of 87+. Guarantee they produce better with the 87+.

Good player definitely can win with a team of 86s. Year after year there are players that are having good success winning 1st div titles with pretty much quicksell teams. It's about the player, not about the team. Of course, having a stacked team helps a bit, but if a good player with a superstar team, and a great player with a team of 86s play against each other, the great player is going to win 9/10 times.

I personally stack my team (to an extent) every year and have great success. Granted, you could say I'm an above average player.. but I've absolutely worked top 100 players before because they had worse players across the board. Does stacking your team make up for lack of skill? Not at all. But if you stack your team and have the skill to go with it, stacking your team is very productive. I also just enjoy trying to stack my team. It's a challenge on its own.
  • IAmTheNizz wrote: »
    Good luck winning with a team of 86s.

I personally stack my team (to an extent) every year and have great success. Granted, you could say I'm an above average player.. but I've absolutely worked top 100 players before because they had worse players across the board. Does stacking your team make up for lack of skill? Not at all. But if you stack your team and have the skill to go with it, stacking your team is very productive. I also just enjoy trying to stack my team. It's a challenge on its own.

well put
  • Here is my argument... I have two HUT accounts and my record in each is almost exactly the same...I have a couple more wins with my B squad but not enough to make a valid argument... What I do notice are the variables associated with gameplay...first, if you have that delay mud lag then it doesn't make any difference at all your team because you actually have to wait a half second to speed boost, pass, shoot, etc thus making you easier to defend against a player who isn't lagging or delayed...when your connection is better than your opponent your AI will actually play better so your players of higher skill will hit better, poke check and strip the opposition IMO... again this is dependent on a good connection and having more skilled players...but all in all you do not see a big enough difference with the HUT players to warrant spending hundreds of dollars...sometimes its just the love of playing with your favorite players I guess!
  • Sweeedy
    2 posts New member
    edited March 18
    I met up with a guy who had all 80 ovr player and some silvers. And no matter what I couldn't get by them and they always caught me (even tho all my players have 99 speed and acc). It feels so crappy knowing how much time i've put into this game and I'm not really getting rewarded for it. Also after they went over to dedicated server (wich in theory is a great idea) my ping can raise up to 500 ping middle of the game. And when that happens the game freezes for 7 secs and my opponent can just walk in and score. I have played so I have all the milestone/monthly legends, racked up 3 mil coins through flipping players on the market. Still my 96 ovr evo Pettersson can't get past 80 ovr Klefbom. What a joke of a game man. Never buying an NHL game til I see this problem amongst all the other problems get solved. Thank you so much EA!
  • Socair
    1755 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t necropost.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!