EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Message to the developers

Replies

  • B-Bunny
    876 posts Game Changer
    edited October 2017
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Binomical wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    You've seen the code to know that, are you a dev? I am not saying that either one of you is right or wrong, just saying you can't say either way without proof? Having strong sense of something is not proof, and neither is 'EA sez so' - because they have frankly lost all credibility.

    EA has publicly states this many times. If it was actually in the game that would put them in a very difficult legal situation. Since they have said it so many times, it shows that they're sure it doesn't exist.

    This actually is not enough . One could only proove them wrong by illegal means, i.e decompiling the game and looking at the code . Hence they kindof know they can state whatever they want about stuff being coded in or not. NB I am NOT saying they are blatantly lieing . Just stating that your reasoning is not enough to "proove" they are not, and that they easily get away with it if they do.

    If you want to believe the game chooses the weaker player to win and scripts the outcome, that's your choice. Just keep in mind it means that every game you won it's because the computer thinks you're bad and forces you to win so that you feel good about continuing to play. Or do you think that it's one sided and only works against you? Man, that's some crazy AI programming there.

    It's worked FOR me as well as AGAINST me!

    NHL13 GMC game...how many times do I have to use this as an example! I was the Islanders, opponent was the Sabres. Broken stick slap shot from the point, Miller (stellar up to that point and pitching a shut out) has a EA goalie seizure (Butterfly, Sit down on ❤️❤️❤️❤️, 180 spin, Lays down on back) and allows a puck to continue on it's path into the net. 1-0 ME, Game ended 2-0 ME (EN)! I DID NOT, I repeat I DID NOT deserve to win that game yet due to EA's programming / coding logic I WON due to stupid ****! I sent the guy a msg apologizing for such a cheap garbage win.

    NHL17, I was the Pens, opponent was the Caps. I OUT SHOT him 41-8. I LOST the game 1-0 because of EAs programming / coding! I didn't lose because he was the better more skilled player, I lost because His shot PHYSICALLY PASSED THROUGH Fleury's leg pad and into the net for a goal

    I don't know what you want to call those 2 examples! All I know is that winning due to EAs programming / coding is just the same as losing due to EAs programming / coding! It's **** GARBAGE

    That's not some sort of ice tilt, momentum programming. That's poorly programed animations and collision detection. Nothing more nothing less. If you want to believe the game is either against you or for you, that's entirely your choice. However it's literally just poor programming, not programming to script who wins.

    I agree but you can't tell me that you don't find it a tad bit ODD that these things HAPPENING in certain situations of a game doesn't make it feel fixed or rigged! WHY, did the poor programming / coding decide to let Fleury's leg pad be INVISIBLE at that moment in time as opposed to earlier in the game? WHY was Collision detection turned OFF right then and there?

    Again, Game Clock example....13:24 my poke check works as intended, 13:14 (mere 10sec later) it is rendered useless and my stick physically passes through the puck and opponents stick, thus allowing the shot to get through and become the GWG! I was DOMINATING my best friend on all levels of the game except the score board. It's just ODD that my poke checked worked a few sec earlier but not when it needed to

    Does jet fuel melt steel beams? No. Unless this this and this happens. Then theres a good chance it can warp them and ruin the structurcal integrity and cause something like a building to collapse.

    Stop looking for conspiracies. These things happen all the time, you just notice the really bad situational ones much more. And you definitely dont remember the ones you score against someone else because that bad luck was good luck for you for once.

    conspiracies...eh! Did I NOT give an example of where I WON THE GAME because of suspect programming / coding?? Here it is AGAIN!

    NHL13 GMC game...how many times do I have to use this as an example! I was the Islanders, opponent was the Sabres. Broken stick slap shot from the point, Miller (stellar up to that point and pitching a shut out) has a EA goalie seizure (Butterfly, Sit down on ❤️❤️❤️❤️, 180 spin, Lays down on back) and allows a puck to continue on it's path into the net. 1-0 ME, Game ended 2-0 ME (EN)! I DID NOT, I repeat I DID NOT deserve to win that game yet due to EA's programming / coding logic I WON due to stupid ****! I sent the guy a msg apologizing for such a cheap garbage win.

    Miller played really well and for him to up and have a EA seizure out of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ blue to allow me to score, is suspect! That game OPENED MY EYES to all the garbage that is allowed to happen in this game mate, so YES I do remember it! I remember because I am still XB Friends with that dude (he's from Surrey England), his last NHL game was NHL14 (NHL15 was bare bones and he didn't want to pay full price for a 1/4 game)

    YOUTUBE is FULL of these videos of that type of garbage happening year after year!

    I will ASK AGAIN! What program or coding is responsible for turning collision detection ON and OFF?

    Malkin stick REMAINS SOLID, the Puck REMAINS SOLID, #16 Skate deemed INVISIBLE so Malkin and keep control of the puck! WHY isn't #16 skate a SOLID ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Object just the same as Malkins stick and the puck?? Malkin goes on to score a goal....that doesn't look suspect to you??

    Maybe JUST MAYBE if #16 Skate is deemed a SOLID OBJECT in that moment in time, Malkin loses the puck and doesn't score....hmmmmmmmmm!!

    The puck came loose because it is a solid object. Yes, it should have changed direction, but it didn't. Because of that it was easily picked up again. Did it react how it should? No. The physics in this game isn't always perfect. See if you can find a game with as complex physics as NHL where it works perfectly every time.

    When you play COD and you sneak upon another person and put a bullet in the back of their head, does the bullet physically pass through said persons head and NOT do anything at all...ie the Person doesn't fall over dead?

    My dads Flight Simulator game, when a Plane crashes into a Bldg (ie SOLID OBJECT) , it just doesn't pass through it like the bldg isn't there at all and continue on it's flight path, the Plane crashes and burns just like it would in a REAL plane. The Plane REACTS to the bldg accordingly

    The cod example is a lovely one because in shooting games, the bullets dont actually travel anywhere like the puck does in nhl.
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • Sinbin wrote: »

    The puck came loose because it is a solid object. Yes, it should have changed direction, but it didn't. Because of that it was easily picked up again. Did it react how it should? No. The physics in this game isn't always perfect. See if you can find a game with as complex physics as NHL where it works perfectly every time.

    Beamng.drive has a way more complex physics system that any other game out today and it is far more consistent than NHL.

    As for the CoD example bunny is right, in games that use hitscan there is no physical bullet. Only in games that have actual bullet drop physics is there a real bullet flying with some level of physics.

    That said even in counter strike (a hitscan game) you can see hits on your client but the server will not see them due to latency.
  • MarxQc
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Big publishers only goal is to make money. If you want competitive fun games go to small publisher, indies or new studios.

    Hut is making them money. The rest is just there extra. Bap, GM. Nothing as changed. The hell there is still text box to tell me i just signed a rookie contract.. lol are we in 1990s ?
    Gambling on cards is what making them money. some are spending thousands on this.
    And how do you acheive this ? By making it random. IF the best player and the best team always wins , there would be no incitative into buying another pack of cards. The lower ranked player wouldnt buy because he knows he'd have to spend thousands himself and the guy who spent a lot of money would stop bcs he already is good. This game NEEDS a BIG random factor to keep the money boat afloat.

    This whole game is built around making money in HUT. Look at the game trough these glasses and you'll figure why they are still goals going trough goalies or why when i completely dominate an opponent they come out on top more often than needed.
    This is not a competitive game. Competitive games dont have randomness. Gambling does.

    I wanted to add: If devs are not reponsding to those calls. Its because theres nothing to say.
    the game will stay like this.
    Microtransactions hurts gaming industries... unfortunatly.
  • MarxQc wrote: »
    Big publishers only goal is to make money. If you want competitive fun games go to small publisher, indies or new studios.

    Hut is making them money. The rest is just there extra. Bap, GM. Nothing as changed. The **** there is still text box to tell me i just signed a rookie contract.. lol are we in 1990s ?
    Gambling on cards is what making them money. some are spending thousands on this.
    And how do you acheive this ? By making it random. IF the best player and the best team always wins , there would be no incitative into buying another pack of cards. The lower ranked player wouldnt buy because he knows he'd have to spend thousands himself and the guy who spent a lot of money would stop bcs he already is good. This game NEEDS a BIG random factor to keep the money boat afloat.

    This whole game is built around making money in HUT. Look at the game trough these glasses and you'll figure why they are still goals going trough goalies or why when i completely dominate an opponent they come out on top more often than needed.
    This is not a competitive game. Competitive games dont have randomness. Gambling does.

    I wanted to add: If devs are not reponsding to those calls. Its because theres nothing to say.
    the game will stay like this.
    Microtransactions hurts gaming industries... unfortunatly.

    Doesn't EA own the gambling site Pogo? Hmmm.
  • MarxQc wrote: »
    Big publishers only goal is to make money. If you want competitive fun games go to small publisher, indies or new studios.

    Hut is making them money. The rest is just there extra. Bap, GM. Nothing as changed. The **** there is still text box to tell me i just signed a rookie contract.. lol are we in 1990s ?
    Gambling on cards is what making them money. some are spending thousands on this.
    And how do you acheive this ? By making it random. IF the best player and the best team always wins , there would be no incitative into buying another pack of cards. The lower ranked player wouldnt buy because he knows he'd have to spend thousands himself and the guy who spent a lot of money would stop bcs he already is good. This game NEEDS a BIG random factor to keep the money boat afloat.

    This whole game is built around making money in HUT. Look at the game trough these glasses and you'll figure why they are still goals going trough goalies or why when i completely dominate an opponent they come out on top more often than needed.
    This is not a competitive game. Competitive games dont have randomness. Gambling does.

    I wanted to add: If devs are not reponsding to those calls. Its because theres nothing to say.
    the game will stay like this.
    Microtransactions hurts gaming industries... unfortunatly.

    I think you're right about what you say. I also think it's a very shortsighted, shallow take at things.
    Because this game needs their customer to return next year and the year after that and so on.
    People are starting to realize that their 99 goalie are letting in just as many soft goals as their 87 goalie did.
    There are youtubers testing out what's supposed to be the speediest player in game, against some mediocre player, proving there's little to no difference.
    There goes your incentive to buy this game at all.
    You stack your team with your creditcard, only to get beaten by randomness, softgoals and bad balanced players. Why would anyone wanna do that more than once?
    In my opinion, this game needs balancing first and most. Attributes should make a difference, that's where you have your no.1 incentive to go gamble.
    There's also your source of a working system in EASHL, whether it's prebuilt classes or "homebuilt" players.
    Balancing would take time and resources, EA won't provide that cause it would cost money.
    As of now, gliding and puck -screening is overpowered. Fix that by making pokechecks work more often than it should. It's a cheap quick-fix. It's like putting one feet in ice water and one in boiling hot, there's your balance.
    What do you do, when you don't have a proper, well thought out balance system in play? You throw in randoms, at least, then you have your game going.
    I might be wrong, but it's quite obvious that someone has made some not-so-good decisions, when what used to be the sportsgame of the year, is being found on sale six weeks after it's release.
  • VeNOM2099
    2982 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't think HUT is even making them money at this point... Streamers that are/were part of EA's "Content Creator" program aren't even streaming the game anymore. And those that still are... Well, it's going to stop fairly quick if the meager buzzing I've heard are true (EA wanting to control what streamers content is even further). Even regular streamers aren't broadcasting the game anymore: go check out Twitch right now, there are maybe 9 or 10 streams when there used to be dozens. We're Sunday, at noon and NO ONE is streaming this game anymore.

    It's like EA is purposely trying to end this franchise.

    People are wanting changes to the gameplay. EA tried going the Arcade route by adding NHL Threes, but as predicted, it hasn't swayed the customer base one bit. I mean it's fun and all, don't get me wrong, but an arcade game is typically not something you pay AAA Game prices for. HUT hasn't really changed at all. Franchise Mode is still missing many aspects that older games had 10 years ago. Be a Pro, is still a mess. EASHL is practically DEAD thanks to the removal of custom builds and any creativity the users once had over their in-game avatar, the only thing holding EASHL on life support is LG. And even then, the competitive community on LG is getting fed up with the constant glitches, server issues and general weirdness that keeps happening every game (if it's not one thing, it's another).

    I've said it before, but I don't envy the developers. Sure it's only been 6 weeks since the game's release, but if you're going to charge people AAA prices for your game, you'd better provide AAA Game support for it. I was lucky and won a code for free. I can view the game without having to feel like it was a bad investment. To me, the game is largely alright, but the most pressing issues haven't been dealt with yet, even though we're on the game's 3rd patch.

    Server side issues need to be fixed. Gameplay issues need to be fixed. Core Mechanics of the game need to be revamped/rebuilt.

    Give the users a reason to play your game, not a reason to delete it from their hard-drive or toss their Disc into a pile to be forgotten.
  • All these problems can easily be attributed to the yearly release cycle. Stop that and use micro transactions and a quality product to make your profit and the end user will see a much better product. Problem is ea claims niche products don't sell but if they are quality products they will sell
  • MarxQc
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I don't think HUT is even making them money at this point... Streamers that are/were part of EA's "Content Creator" program aren't even streaming the game anymore. And those that still are... Well, it's going to stop fairly quick if the meager buzzing I've heard are true (EA wanting to control what streamers content is even further). Even regular streamers aren't broadcasting the game anymore: go check out Twitch right now, there are maybe 9 or 10 streams when there used to be dozens. We're Sunday, at noon and NO ONE is streaming this game anymore.

    It's like EA is purposely trying to end this franchise.

    People are wanting changes to the gameplay. EA tried going the Arcade route by adding NHL Threes, but as predicted, it hasn't swayed the customer base one bit. I mean it's fun and all, don't get me wrong, but an arcade game is typically not something you pay AAA Game prices for. HUT hasn't really changed at all. Franchise Mode is still missing many aspects that older games had 10 years ago. Be a Pro, is still a mess. EASHL is practically DEAD thanks to the removal of custom builds and any creativity the users once had over their in-game avatar, the only thing holding EASHL on life support is LG. And even then, the competitive community on LG is getting fed up with the constant glitches, server issues and general weirdness that keeps happening every game (if it's not one thing, it's another).

    I've said it before, but I don't envy the developers. Sure it's only been 6 weeks since the game's release, but if you're going to charge people AAA prices for your game, you'd better provide AAA Game support for it. I was lucky and won a code for free. I can view the game without having to feel like it was a bad investment. To me, the game is largely alright, but the most pressing issues haven't been dealt with yet, even though we're on the game's 3rd patch.

    Server side issues need to be fixed. Gameplay issues need to be fixed. Core Mechanics of the game need to be revamped/rebuilt.

    Give the users a reason to play your game, not a reason to delete it from their hard-drive or toss their Disc into a pile to be forgotten.

    OF course they are still making money. If not, it would've been shut down... lol
    I've read somewhere about NBA 2K that a single player went up to 30K in ingame purchase of VC. 30K !!!
    They have absolutly nothing to gain by making Nhl a competitive game( no randomness). Nothing.

    And yes... It's called run to fail. You run something that has no huge upside until it fails while investing as little as possible. Sukcing everything dry on your way. Maxis, Origin, Westwood, Dreamworks, Pandemic..
    Look at BF. The best was and still battlefield2. Dice studios. This game is still alive and running. lol
    Now its all yearly release, Dlc from day one. Early access. INgame purchase... Until its scked dry. Then they'll move on.

    Shareholders dont care about that nhl game...

    About that nhl threes. Is just a strategy to give reasons for yearly release. Next year will be something else.
    ALL NEW something else... lol

    And when they say Niche products dont sell, they actually mean: If we invest "X" amount of money we are not getting back the money bcs we have a targeted audience of "Y" that are already purchasing the game. Not only that but with EAaccess, they are telling us before that they'll buy it... REmember that first nhl on the New gen console. lol That was a joke. They still released it and still made profit... lol
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    You've seen the code to know that, are you a dev? I am not saying that either one of you is right or wrong, just saying you can't say either way without proof? Having strong sense of something is not proof, and neither is 'EA sez so' - because they have frankly lost all credibility.

    EA has publicly states this many times. If it was actually in the game that would put them in a very difficult legal situation. Since they have said it so many times, it shows that they're sure it doesn't exist.

    Goebbels once said " the bigger the lie, the more you repeat it, ultimately the more people will believe it"

    Just saying.........

    Great quote
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I don't think HUT is even making them money at this point... Streamers that are/were part of EA's "Content Creator" program aren't even streaming the game anymore. And those that still are... Well, it's going to stop fairly quick if the meager buzzing I've heard are true (EA wanting to control what streamers content is even further). Even regular streamers aren't broadcasting the game anymore: go check out Twitch right now, there are maybe 9 or 10 streams when there used to be dozens. We're Sunday, at noon and NO ONE is streaming this game anymore.

    It's like EA is purposely trying to end this franchise.

    People are wanting changes to the gameplay. EA tried going the Arcade route by adding NHL Threes, but as predicted, it hasn't swayed the customer base one bit. I mean it's fun and all, don't get me wrong, but an arcade game is typically not something you pay AAA Game prices for. HUT hasn't really changed at all. Franchise Mode is still missing many aspects that older games had 10 years ago. Be a Pro, is still a mess. EASHL is practically DEAD thanks to the removal of custom builds and any creativity the users once had over their in-game avatar, the only thing holding EASHL on life support is LG. And even then, the competitive community on LG is getting fed up with the constant glitches, server issues and general weirdness that keeps happening every game (if it's not one thing, it's another).

    I've said it before, but I don't envy the developers. Sure it's only been 6 weeks since the game's release, but if you're going to charge people AAA prices for your game, you'd better provide AAA Game support for it. I was lucky and won a code for free. I can view the game without having to feel like it was a bad investment. To me, the game is largely alright, but the most pressing issues haven't been dealt with yet, even though we're on the game's 3rd patch.

    Server side issues need to be fixed. Gameplay issues need to be fixed. Core Mechanics of the game need to be revamped/rebuilt.

    Give the users a reason to play your game, not a reason to delete it from their hard-drive or toss their Disc into a pile to be forgotten.

    Dude
    EASHL isnt dead because of removal of custom builds. Its dead because of the gameplay. If this was nhl 11 and they added custom builds, people would play it like crazy because the gameplay was actually satisfying. The custom build you may not like but personally, 90% of the people I meet are glad its gone. Anyways, its a side feature and the main attraction in EASHL was the gameplay which is no longer satisfying and rewarding.. Remove skill gap and you remove purpose.
  • kezz123 wrote: »

    Dude
    EASHL isnt dead because of removal of custom builds. Its dead because of the gameplay. If this was nhl 11 and they added custom builds, people would play it like crazy because the gameplay was actually satisfying. The custom build you may not like but personally, 90% of the people I meet are glad its gone. Anyways, its a side feature and the main attraction in EASHL was the gameplay which is no longer satisfying and rewarding.. Remove skill gap and you remove purpose.


    I have the opposite experience. Most people I meet would like it back but in a better less broken form. I am guessing the community is probably 50/50 on this since it comes back non-stop in forums everywhere and almost every poll I have seen ends around 50/50.

    Having said this I think the gameplay and online lag have been the big killers to EASHL. But I also believe that custom builds make some people very happy and others not so happy which will also effect EASHL numbers.
  • I’ve played EASHL all day. And I’ve had one disconnected game ruin a shut out, two games where both the opposing team and my team had a goal removed, one game where an extra minute was added at the end of the third period and every game where a fight has occurred it was cut out mid fight to the face off LOL if custom builds were in this game mode it would still be ruined by blatant game breaking issues
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I don't think HUT is even making them money at this point... Streamers that are/were part of EA's "Content Creator" program aren't even streaming the game anymore. And those that still are... Well, it's going to stop fairly quick if the meager buzzing I've heard are true (EA wanting to control what streamers content is even further). Even regular streamers aren't broadcasting the game anymore: go check out Twitch right now, there are maybe 9 or 10 streams when there used to be dozens. We're Sunday, at noon and NO ONE is streaming this game anymore.

    It's like EA is purposely trying to end this franchise.

    People are wanting changes to the gameplay. EA tried going the Arcade route by adding NHL Threes, but as predicted, it hasn't swayed the customer base one bit. I mean it's fun and all, don't get me wrong, but an arcade game is typically not something you pay AAA Game prices for. HUT hasn't really changed at all. Franchise Mode is still missing many aspects that older games had 10 years ago. Be a Pro, is still a mess. EASHL is practically DEAD thanks to the removal of custom builds and any creativity the users once had over their in-game avatar, the only thing holding EASHL on life support is LG. And even then, the competitive community on LG is getting fed up with the constant glitches, server issues and general weirdness that keeps happening every game (if it's not one thing, it's another).

    I've said it before, but I don't envy the developers. Sure it's only been 6 weeks since the game's release, but if you're going to charge people AAA prices for your game, you'd better provide AAA Game support for it. I was lucky and won a code for free. I can view the game without having to feel like it was a bad investment. To me, the game is largely alright, but the most pressing issues haven't been dealt with yet, even though we're on the game's 3rd patch.

    Server side issues need to be fixed. Gameplay issues need to be fixed. Core Mechanics of the game need to be revamped/rebuilt.

    Give the users a reason to play your game, not a reason to delete it from their hard-drive or toss their Disc into a pile to be forgotten.

    Dude
    EASHL isnt dead because of removal of custom builds. Its dead because of the gameplay. If this was nhl 11 and they added custom builds, people would play it like crazy because the gameplay was actually satisfying. The custom build you may not like but personally, 90% of the people I meet are glad its gone. Anyways, its a side feature and the main attraction in EASHL was the gameplay which is no longer satisfying and rewarding.. Remove skill gap and you remove purpose.
    NHL 11 was also the first year for HUT, ans the last year they had to worry about putting out a quality product to make money. The only chance that we ever get a quality NHL game again, is if people stop buying HUT packs.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    "EASHL isnt dead because of removal of custom builds"

    Correct,

    Its dead because of:

    1) TPS (can't control your skater)
    2) Broken Vision Control (won't face the puck)
    3) Input delay (skater doesn't react to your inputs correctly)

    This is pretty much a consensus among the core NHL 09/10/11/12 players (don't confuse this with "All" I didn't say all).
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    "EASHL isnt dead because of removal of custom builds"

    Correct,

    Its dead because of:

    1) TPS (can't control your skater)
    2) Broken Vision Control (won't face the puck)
    3) Input delay (skater doesn't react to your inputs correctly)

    This is pretty much a consensus among the core NHL 09/10/11/12 players (don't confuse this with "All" I didn't say all).

    Do you still play this game despite hating it so much? If yes, why put yourself through that kind of frustration?
  • MarxQc
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2017

    sctty98 wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I don't think HUT is even making them money at this point... Streamers that are/were part of EA's "Content Creator" program aren't even streaming the game anymore. And those that still are... Well, it's going to stop fairly quick if the meager buzzing I've heard are true (EA wanting to control what streamers content is even further). Even regular streamers aren't broadcasting the game anymore: go check out Twitch right now, there are maybe 9 or 10 streams when there used to be dozens. We're Sunday, at noon and NO ONE is streaming this game anymore.

    It's like EA is purposely trying to end this franchise.

    People are wanting changes to the gameplay. EA tried going the Arcade route by adding NHL Threes, but as predicted, it hasn't swayed the customer base one bit. I mean it's fun and all, don't get me wrong, but an arcade game is typically not something you pay AAA Game prices for. HUT hasn't really changed at all. Franchise Mode is still missing many aspects that older games had 10 years ago. Be a Pro, is still a mess. EASHL is practically DEAD thanks to the removal of custom builds and any creativity the users once had over their in-game avatar, the only thing holding EASHL on life support is LG. And even then, the competitive community on LG is getting fed up with the constant glitches, server issues and general weirdness that keeps happening every game (if it's not one thing, it's another).

    I've said it before, but I don't envy the developers. Sure it's only been 6 weeks since the game's release, but if you're going to charge people AAA prices for your game, you'd better provide AAA Game support for it. I was lucky and won a code for free. I can view the game without having to feel like it was a bad investment. To me, the game is largely alright, but the most pressing issues haven't been dealt with yet, even though we're on the game's 3rd patch.

    Server side issues need to be fixed. Gameplay issues need to be fixed. Core Mechanics of the game need to be revamped/rebuilt.

    Give the users a reason to play your game, not a reason to delete it from their hard-drive or toss their Disc into a pile to be forgotten.

    Dude
    EASHL isnt dead because of removal of custom builds. Its dead because of the gameplay. If this was nhl 11 and they added custom builds, people would play it like crazy because the gameplay was actually satisfying. The custom build you may not like but personally, 90% of the people I meet are glad its gone. Anyways, its a side feature and the main attraction in EASHL was the gameplay which is no longer satisfying and rewarding.. Remove skill gap and you remove purpose.
    NHL 11 was also the first year for HUT, ans the last year they had to worry about putting out a quality product to make money. The only chance that we ever get a quality NHL game again, is if people stop buying HUT packs.

    Yep.
    And also to stop paying for EA Access. You NEED to buy games in order to get your money back with the 10% discount. No matter what, they secure a portion of sales 6 months ahead cos of that.
  • Do you still play this game despite hating it so much? If yes, why put yourself through that kind of frustration?

    Do you still talk about this game despite not even having it? If yes, why put us through that kind of frustration? :|

  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Do you still play this game despite hating it so much? If yes, why put yourself through that kind of frustration?

    Do you still talk about this game despite not even having it? If yes, why put us through that kind of frustration? :|

    Because I want to see the game make a return to the best gaming platform (imo) just like you lot want to see the game fixed. You continue to voice your opinions so I shall mine.
  • Maybe you should stop questioning other people's motivations or opinions then?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Do you still play this game despite hating it so much? If yes, why put yourself through that kind of frustration?

    Do you still talk about this game despite not even having it? If yes, why put us through that kind of frustration? :|

    Because I want to see the game make a return to the best gaming platform (imo) just like you lot want to see the game fixed. You continue to voice your opinions so I shall mine.

    Same here too. I want to see this game thrive like it used to 5-10 years ago. I got into this game around that time frame and remember when the most frustrating part of the game was getting schooled by somebody with mad skills, but all that did was make me want to get better at the game.

    Right now the most frustrating part of the game is wondering whether or not EA is going to translate my controller input properly. This frustration is the disconnect that EA has put between opposing players and is FAR MORE offensive than getting schooled ever was. This needs to go away if EA ever wants their game to draw the crowd it once did.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!