EA Forums - Banner

FIX YOUR SERVERS

2Next

Replies

• Ok you greedy ****, EA literally tweeted that they were aware of the server issue and were fixing it. What does it take to appease you people

Goals not disappearing for starters ...
  • Ok you greedy ****, EA literally tweeted that they were aware of the server issue and were fixing it. What does it take to appease you people

I just want a game that launches without gamebreaking bugs that takes months to fix. Too much to ask for?

I just want a game that launches without gamebreaking bugs that takes months to fix. Too much to ask for?

The "months to fix" would be less of an issue if they didn't kill off the game every year.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ok you greedy ****, EA literally tweeted that they were aware of the server issue and were fixing it. What does it take to appease you people

The "months to fix" would be less of an issue if they didn't kill off the game every year.

No doubt.

I dunno. I think I'm just exhausted with the franchise. Every game crashes, NHL more than others. Whenever another game crashes I just restart it cause I can't wait to get back in. When NHL crashes I just launch another game or put the controller down.

Might be time to put Taste-D-Rainbow, mediocre EASHL defenceman, out to pasture.
  • To the math 2nd or 3rd year release makes no sense financially! Simple math!
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    NHL starts with a small community to begin with, its a low sales niche game. Then EA kills off the already small community with game bugs and server/online issues.

• COGSx86 wrote: »
    To the math 2nd or 3rd year release makes no sense financially! Simple math!

Does your math include the fact that if you release a game once and support it with updates you no longer have to spend money on marketing yearly. Then if it is competitive you can use eashl to get into esports and generate money and free advertising.

But that requires them to remove rng and actually make the game mechanics work well and fairly for everyone.
  • big news. NHL19 will include NHLTwo's. Fantastic 2on2 arcade hockey. must have. preordered.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    [quote="RedBull1973J
    A part of me thinks this is a better idea for the game for the long haul, but at the same time I have a big problem with the whole "pay to win" model that lots of games are using right now. I feel like the best way and the most fulfilling way to experience video games is to go through the grind and earn your way. I know it's kind of an old school value and all, but I think that's what makes a lot of older games better than the ones today is that you have to "go through it" if you want to win or beat it.[/quote]

HUT is not pay to win. It's pay to get an advantage. Much like a lot of things in this world. If it were pay to win you could literally buy your wins. You're spending money at a chance to get higher rated items. You then have to actually play the game. You can't just buy a stacked team, put down the controller and let it win for you.
  • This game is far less pay to win than others. While yes you can gain an advantage some games you gain so much of an advantage that you almost can't lose.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    [quote="RedBull1973J
    A part of me thinks this is a better idea for the game for the long haul, but at the same time I have a big problem with the whole "pay to win" model that lots of games are using right now. I feel like the best way and the most fulfilling way to experience video games is to go through the grind and earn your way. I know it's kind of an old school value and all, but I think that's what makes a lot of older games better than the ones today is that you have to "go through it" if you want to win or beat it.

HUT is not pay to win. It's pay to get an advantage. Much like a lot of things in this world. If it were pay to win you could literally buy your wins. You're spending money at a chance to get higher rated items. You then have to actually play the game. You can't just buy a stacked team, put down the controller and let it win for you.
    [/quote]

Hey uh sinbad. It’s pay to win. You can position lock and put the controller down and the over powered AI will actually play for you LOL
    [quote="RedBull1973J
    A part of me thinks this is a better idea for the game for the long haul, but at the same time I have a big problem with the whole "pay to win" model that lots of games are using right now. I feel like the best way and the most fulfilling way to experience video games is to go through the grind and earn your way. I know it's kind of an old school value and all, but I think that's what makes a lot of older games better than the ones today is that you have to "go through it" if you want to win or beat it.

[/quote]

I think it's pay to win. Look at all the Twitch streamers that play HUT all the time and are buying packs all the time. They hardly ever lose a game. Their players never seem to suffer from fat-man lag or anything like that.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit if EA has some algorithm in place that gives your team a "fake boost" that lasts a certain duration as long as you keep buying so many packs over a certain time frame. I'm not saying there is such a thing in place, but I wouldn't put it past the folks over at EA for being snaky like that.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    [quote="RedBull1973J

I think it's pay to win. Look at all the Twitch streamers that play HUT all the time and are buying packs all the time. They hardly ever lose a game. Their players never seem to suffer from fat-man lag or anything like that.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit if EA has some algorithm in place that gives your team a "fake boost" that lasts a certain duration as long as you keep buying so many packs over a certain time frame. I'm not saying there is such a thing in place, but I wouldn't put it past the folks over at EA for being snaky like that.[/quote]

They did not put a "fake boost" in the game. This community comes up with the most absurd ideas.

Those streamers are actually playing. They're also pretty skilled at the game. They aren't just throwing money at it and getting wins without playing.
  • you all still put yourselves thru this ??? how can you do this to yourself?!!!! this series is done!!! Crappy effort, crappy results
  • causevic wrote: »
    big news. NHL19 will include NHLTwo's. Fantastic 2on2 arcade hockey. must have. preordered.

NHL 20 comes with a huge breakthrough...1v1 Shinny mode!!

Also included "Be The Lady From Shawinigan" an exciting mode where you catch all the pucks that completely fly over the glass on a slap shot clear attempt XD
    Sinbin wrote: »
    [quote="RedBull1973J

I wouldn't doubt it one bit if EA has some algorithm in place that gives your team a "fake boost" that lasts a certain duration as long as you keep buying so many packs over a certain time frame. I'm not saying there is such a thing in place, but I wouldn't put it past the folks over at EA for being snaky like that.

They did not put a "fake boost" in the game. This community comes up with the most absurd ideas.

Those streamers are actually playing. They're also pretty skilled at the game. They aren't just throwing money at it and getting wins without playing.[/quote]

I realize what you are saying, and I do agree about the skill part. It's true you still have to play the game.

Have you ever noticed that the "top players" never have a problem with fat-man delay, or at least on stream they never appear to? Like I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't say there was a "fake boost" in the game, but the streamers that buy a lot of packs and/or are sponsored by EA don't seem to have ANY of the lag-related issues that many other people suffer through regularly.

The ones that have the problems only have unproven theories to go on as to why this happens since EA can't or won't figure out why it happens. Blaming the customer/user like EA likes to do is not the way to go either as many of us have been through every possible support option to no avail.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    Last few nights servers have been absolutely garbage.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Last few nights servers have been absolutely garbage.

Last night I was getting constantly booted from the EA servers. Even just being idle in the HUT menu (to get my daily coins) or in EASHL, it would just boot be out of the servers over and over again. I couldn't even play with my club.