EA Forums - Banner

Poke Check Spamming bigger and better

Prev1345
Learn how to spam the poke check, it works like a charm especially when you have no skill.

Replies

  • Try moving the puck.
  • Why would you spam it anyway, I thought they gave you full control of your stick when you don't have the puck?
  • mikeyflex wrote: »
    Learn how to spam the poke check, it works like a charm especially when you have no skill.
    Ha ha makes me think who really is the one with no skill lol
  • I knew this was coming because this is the first time I've really noticed that the defensive tools are equal to the offensive tools. Poke is great. Feels great and balanced to the offence which is also equally strong an able to be used creatively to avoid the pokes. Unless you stink.
  • When I have a clear 3 stride advantage over the dmen and the turn around and poke the puck clean that is overpowered. The skill was set in place, the deke was made, and all you have to do is poke and all is forgiven. Case close, total garbage.
  • Follisimo
    1070 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Try moving the puck.

    To me fair the poke check spam does need a nerf. Not from the front but the pokes from behind that would should result in trips 75% of the time. Also players DO NOT skate when they are doing reaching poke checks. Watch any of the games and they stop skating when they do a poke check.

    So maybe not nerf the defensive skill stick as much as they need to ramp up tripping penalties to how it was for that brief period of time we had where people who were dumb took like 20 pens a game where I was taking maybe 1-2 because I'm smart enough to know when to poke.

  • That's the issue. You can get a step on the defender to the outside and he just pivots and knocks it in the corner.
  • I agree that the pokes from behind need to be worked on...maybe not always be a penalty but at least be a lot less potentially effective.

    I have no issues with pokes if it's forward/side based...people who complain about that need to start passing more and stop trying to be an all-star.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Try moving the puck.

    To me fair the poke check spam does need a nerf. Not from the front but the pokes from behind that would should result in trips 75% of the time. Also players DO NOT skate when they are doing reaching poke checks. Watch any of the games and they stop skating when they do a poke check.

    So maybe not nerf the defensive skill stick as much as they need to ramp up tripping penalties to how it was for that brief period of time we had where people who were dumb took like 20 pens a game where I was taking maybe 1-2 because I'm smart enough to know when to poke.

    Granted I'm PS4 and don't have early access but I've watched a lot of twitch streams and protect puck, glide, figure skate still looks very much alive. Those who know how to use it still abuse it.

    Maybe this is EA throwing us Dmen a bone but if the lack of penalties is as bad as you say then I assume it will be adjusted.

    Edit: poking from behind is a problem at the start of every year and I dunno how this happens.
  • mikeyflex
    217 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    When I continuously burn d-men only to have a 360 turn around poke check work 95% of the time, that is a huge problem, especially when the poke defies physics and goes the other way, just saying.
  • I understand what he's saying to a point. There are too many people who play just spamming pc i usually make them trip me or pass around and get the breakaway or one t try saucer passes. But to all the spammers, get some skill
  • If anything poke check is UNDERpowered
  • SwDetroitDan
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    No i don't think it's underpowered i mean do you think every time you hit like check you should get the luck? Lol i think there should be more penalties for the bums who just skate around spamming. But apparently that would be to much like the right thing to do
  • Why would you spam it anyway, I thought they gave you full control of your stick when you don't have the puck?

    Holding down R1 initiates the DSS. That's why I find ppl complaining about spamming confusing. Poke checking can dislodge the puck thru legs from behind a bit too often tho but I'm sure guys like the OP aren't complaining about that when they strip a dman from an unnatural angle on the forecheck to score a goal. Na they I'm sure are marveling at how "skilled" they are.
  • mikeyflex wrote: »
    When I continuously burn d-men only to have a 360 turn around poke check work 95% of the time, that is a huge problem, especially when the poke defies physics and goes the other way, just saying.

    If the poke checking was toned down you'd be unstoppable then eh!?

    Just saying.
  • Leckaroo wrote: »
    Holding down R1 initiates the DSS. That's why I find ppl complaining about spamming confusing. Poke checking can dislodge the puck thru legs from behind a bit too often tho but I'm sure guys like the OP aren't complaining about that

    Of course they're complaining about that. The fact that you can poke check through people's bodies and knock the puck away is exactly what everyone is complaining about. That and the fact that you can put your stick through people's legs over and over again without getting called for a penalty.

    And why are you saying that complaining about spamming is confusing? You can hold down R1 and initiate the DSS. But 95% of the people playing this game don't do that. They just spam R1 over and over again. The difference this year is that even when you do that from a bad position, the risk-reward ratio is entirely in your favor, which means the spamming is out of control.
  • Leckaroo
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Whatever. Move the puck then. For so many years people have been spamming dekes and exploiting the puck control guess I just don't care about the whining that ppl are getting the puck knocked loose now

    There are still a lot of people that are fantastic at protecting the puck and are very hard to strip. Seems to me MAYBE some of you aren't as good as you think. If you think dman are off the hook they aren't. They have to move the puck as well to avoid the forecheck. It works on both sides of the puck
  • I mostly play 6s and exclusively as a defenseman, and I think the poking from behind is out of control. Poke checks from the front are actually pretty good because now you can't just deke the puck through a defender's stick and get away with it. Poking from behind is far too forgiving, though, because defenders should have to pay the price if they get caught out of position.
  • ^Yes. I accept that. Spamming and overpowered most definitely not.
  • Janikka wrote: »
    I mostly play 6s and exclusively as a defenseman, and I think the poking from behind is out of control. Poke checks from the front are actually pretty good because now you can't just deke the puck through a defender's stick and get away with it. Poking from behind is far too forgiving, though, because defenders should have to pay the price if they get caught out of position.

    I disagree if only because as a D-man, If I make a GOOD poke from behind that's directly on the puck, then I'm fine with that. What I find stupid is that I can poke THROUGH someone's legs and still take the puck away. That shouldn't happen.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!