EA Forums - Banner

Slap shot bug?

Replies

• and I cannot remember any situation like this in nhl17
  • panReflex wrote: »
    Hi everyone, (Patch 1.04)

I have just tested one match against AI with new patch 1.04 and seems to be that slapshot and one timer problem has been (cannot say fixed) at least improved. I will confirm this after couple matches 1vs1 offline.

Please test it guys and post your impression.

The new patch didn't touch gameplay, so it had no impact at all on the slapshot or one-timers.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    panReflex wrote: »
    Hi everyone, (Patch 1.04)

I have just tested one match against AI with new patch 1.04 and seems to be that slapshot and one timer problem has been (cannot say fixed) at least improved. I will confirm this after couple matches 1vs1 offline.

Please test it guys and post your impression.

The new patch didn't touch gameplay, so it had no impact at all on the slapshot or one-timers.

Well as long as they changed them socks on those Flames uni's!
  • slapshots are still a problem and has to be addressed. Come on EA
  • I really notice this when going down the ice. At this point in single player, I've switched from alternate to always up as I never have this issue going up the ice. It needs fixed along with the puck through the goalie's pad issue.
  • Unfortunately I am playing always up and so there are still majors issues performing slapshots.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Just to be sure, did you check your controls for going down? You might want to set them to camera relative if not.
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Just to be sure, did you check your controls for going down? You might want to set them to camera relative if not.
    Sinbin wrote: »

• It's got nothing to do with controls ! EA knows damn well they changed it so you now have to pull the trigger up and push it down to shoot when your coming down the screen . EA please stop trying to give us all this technical nonsense , we have been playing the game for many years and we know when something is different . Traveling up the screen poses no issues when shooting so just adjust the trigger setting when going down .
  • Dear all, I just downloaded a gameplay update, which is provided in the game. After playing the first game with this update I was able to shoot the first 6 slapshots without any fake shot or issues.
    Seems this update fixed the Shooting Problems! :):):)
    Just fyi, I always Play "up"
  • Nope, its still broken.
  • Geekey77 wrote: »
    Dear all, I just downloaded a gameplay update, which is provided in the game. After playing the first game with this update I was able to shoot the first 6 slapshots without any fake shot or issues.

Is this a new update or did you just download v 1.04 from a few weeks ago?
  • Still bugged.
    FURY-69-.png
  • I am not talking about the patch. There was a Symbol/Tile in the first menu (below right corner) to select which asked me to update gameplay settings inside the game. After selecting I was asked to keep the actual settings, to update or to always automatically update gameplay settings. I hope this update did the change. Otherwise I dont know why I was hitting slapshot as properly as I never did before on NHL18.
  • Geekey77 wrote: »
    Dear all, I just downloaded a gameplay update, which is provided in the game. After playing the first game with this update I was able to shoot the first 6 slapshots without any fake shot or issues.

Is this a new update or did you just download v 1.04 from a few weeks ago?

The problem is with playing with the Down view though. I haven't had an issue playing going up. Not sure why EA devs refuse to comment on this and at least say we are trying to fix it, but nothing. It is disappointing.
  • For me who is always playing up there is a significant improvement. I had the issue although playing up...cant help on playing down.
  • Short update...played 3 games, only had 1 slapshot which didnt work. :)
  • play with the downward view and see what happens.
  • gonna check this out tomorrow
  • Another update...played 1on1 practice. Slapshot continuosly working each direction up and down...I my NHL copy seems to be fixed
  • I've not seen any update offered since the patch. Would love to know how u got it and nobody else did.