EA Forums - Banner

Why Isn't NHL On PC?

Replies

• Killerskillet
    65 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It would have happened by now.

What would have happened? EA would have done right by the player base? What do you see in this company that gives you such divine faith in their ability to do anything right other than acquire licenses and pump out trash? Look at the absolute dumpster fire that is Battlefront for more on that, and that game isn't even out yet.
    This is only because ea chose to release the "previous gen" on pc while giving the "next gen" the upgraded game. PC players were all, "we have better hardware why do we get the older game?" EA made it a disaster on their own by choosing to take the easier route (for them) and porting the old game instead of the new one.

Exactly, NHL 09 was a Playstation 2 port. It's a joke that anyone gives any thought to "Well EA tried it!" when the last time they did was TWO CONSOLE GENERATIONS AGO.
  • It would have happened by now. Who knows maybe they will again in the future but their last release on PC _(09) was a disaster.

This is only because ea chose to release the "previous gen" on pc while giving the "next gen" the upgraded game. PC players were all, "we have better hardware why do we get the older game?" EA made it a disaster on their own by choosing to take the easier route (for them) and porting the old game instead of the new one.

In this case, I would gladly take the older game on PC and/or for Xbox backwards compatibility assuming EA would continue to support it with at least roster updates. This current-gen NHL series has been nothing short of a 5h!tshow at best.

• In this case, I would gladly take the older game on PC and/or for Xbox backwards compatibility assuming EA would continue to support it with at least roster updates. This current-gen NHL series has been nothing short of a 5h!tshow at best.

I hate this most of all. Even the current audience doesn't like what's coming out, is willing to meet EA halfway, and they just. don't. care.

I'd absolutely pay every year to update the roster, and if the next generation title had more to offer, I'd totally throw down $60 for the game. 100% agree.

• In this case, I would gladly take the older game on PC and/or for Xbox backwards compatibility assuming EA would continue to support it with at least roster updates. This current-gen NHL series has been nothing short of a 5h!tshow at best.

I hate this most of all. Even the current audience doesn't like what's coming out, is willing to meet EA halfway, and they just. don't. care.

I'd absolutely pay every year to update the roster, and if the next generation title had more to offer, I'd totally throw down $60 for the game. 100% agree.

I just want a game where you are not at the mercy of EA with regards to things like programmed/fake randomness, online lag, momentum, player switching, and episodes where the game chooses not to obey your controller input. I want a game that is 100% player against player with ZERO EA influence, if that even makes sense any more.

I just want a game where you are not at the mercy of EA with regards to things like programmed/fake randomness, online lag, momentum, player switching, and episodes where the game chooses not to obey your controller input. I want a game that is 100% player against player with ZERO EA influence, if that even makes sense any more.

Amen ! I dont know what else to say. But we all know its just a dream.
  • I’m sure it’s sll about money. Overall sales is one issue but I honestly don’t think many PC gamers would play HUT and that’s all EA cares about for years now. It’s a shame because the modding community for the NHL series was unbelievable. The best detailed arenas, cyberfaces, goalie mask and pad creators, music, goal horns, and NHLview. We also had the TCE (Total control editor) that opened up the AI file and allowed changes. Miss those days when we could do the work EA won’t.
  • I would love to see a PC NHL game with cross platform.
  • Extroppe
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I absolutly love hockey, and your game NHL. I bought many titles for PC (back in the day), xbox 360, xbox one, and playstation 4.
    I read an old article from last year that you wont release the game for PC because of lack of demand. I am here to wright a post to show you the opposit. Maybe there is not more NHL players on PC than it is on Xbox, but I am absolutly positiv that the game will see a big player bace on the PC as well.
    If you can port Fifa you can port NHL. This is facts, yes it cost money to port, but the revenue will be greater.
    This is a plea from a long time fan of the series, who just wants to play your game on his computer. Please come back!!!

I would love to see people who wants the game on PC to make their opinoin heard, wright your own post or comment on this one.

Please bring back NHL to PC.

Hockey for all!!!

Than you otherwize for alot of good hockey games EA!
  • We're here and we have yet to hear anything concrete from ea. We've had quite a few of these types of posts started by many different people regarding this so maybe we'll be enough to see something happen. Idk. Seems unlikely but I'll keep hoping.
  • Anything is possible my friend =)
  • Extroppe wrote: »
    I absolutly love hockey, and your game NHL. I bought many titles for PC (back in the day), xbox 360, xbox one, and playstation 4.
    I read an old article from last year that you wont release the game for PC because of lack of demand. I am here to wright a post to show you the opposit. Maybe there is not more NHL players on PC than it is on Xbox, but I am absolutly positiv that the game will see a big player bace on the PC as well.
    If you can port Fifa you can port NHL. This is facts, yes it cost money to port, but the revenue will be greater.
    This is a plea from a long time fan of the series, who just wants to play your game on his computer. Please come back!!!

I would love to see people who wants the game on PC to make their opinoin heard, wright your own post or comment on this one.

Please bring back NHL to PC.

Hockey for all!!!

Than you otherwize for alot of good hockey games EA!

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I'm almost PC exclusive now and would love NHL to be on the PC! Great idea!
  • I would love NHL 19 to return to PC when it changes to the Frostbite Engine. The Frostbite engine is ideal for the PC. It's nice to have FIFA, but it would be much better to have NHL, too. EA get it done, please, and don't forget your roots and those of the series.
  • I've been waiting 10 years, so I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I'm not buying consoles anymore, so they make it for PC or they lose another customer soon.
  • Oi, they won't make a PC return cause the lads at NHL rebuilt would make their $60 purchase last 14 years haha!!
  • They will not bring the NHL series onto P.C., simpy because the lack of the supporters and too many people tampering with the game through P.C., so yeah it's not going to happen!
    ThunderBay OutLaws / [OWNER] [A. CAPTAIN]
  • They will not bring the NHL series onto P.C., simpy because the lack of the supporters and too many people tampering with the game through P.C., so yeah it's not going to happen!

"tampering"? Do you mean modders who generally improve games or do you mean cheaters?

I would never play morrowind if it weren't for modders "tampering" with the game to bring it closer to a modern level of gaming. Same thing with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Mods make games great. However no mods can really fix nhl 09 for pc.

Cheaters would be pretty easy to identify in nhl with all the win loss records and other stats being kept, so to me that's a poor excuse.

"tampering"? Do you mean modders who generally improve games or do you mean cheaters?

I would never play morrowind if it weren't for modders "tampering" with the game to bring it closer to a modern level of gaming. Same thing with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Mods make games great. However no mods can really fix nhl 09 for pc.

Cheaters would be pretty easy to identify in nhl with all the win loss records and other stats being kept, so to me that's a poor excuse.

Yes more so I am talking about people who ruin the game by making or finding exploits, doing so on P.C. has always been much easier for all games! Modders, Coding, Scripting, it's all there, always has been for all games on P.C.. There will always be that one guy in his mothers basement eating cheeto's destroying franchises for most of all games on P.C., that's how the ball rolls. Now what you are discussing with adding mods to games to improve, where as the developers lack resources to do so, is completely different. I am with you on that, this is needed to keep games alive in most cases. However in the NHL series, I think it is not needed. You either like the game or you don't, having the game on P.C. Platform just makes no sense to me, honestly!
  • You can easily stop cheaters with robust 3rd party anti cheat software bundled with your games. Plenty of games use it to great effect.

It makes sense to have any and all games on any and all platforms. Why would you want to restrict your community by being exclusive to specific platforms?
  • I guess to each their own.....EA thinks P.C. doesn't need NHL, so I will stick with my XBOX for NHL, been playing NHL since back on the XBOX360 on NHL09, bought and played it every year since then. Honestly NHL18 on XBOX-1 is the best game released since NHL15 on XBOX360. This is the first complete game that isn't half done or ****! Regardless though I buy it every year though because I love the sport and we have been doing the EASHL for many years and have a very big and active club of guys!
  • hello_mr_ea
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would love to see a PC NHL game with cross platform.

100% introduce crossplay with all the major sports titles. Why isn't this happening? How is it smaller dev's like High Horse Entertainment (Disc Jam) can do crossplay but EA Sports can't? I thought I was crazy but it's pretty clear there are tons of people that want EA sports games on PC by looking at these threads...why doesn't EA do anything? Do they have some agreement with Sony or something? Because I can't see why Microsoft would be against this, heck Microsoft has the Play Anywhere program. Bring them on that if you won't bring it to your own platform (origin).

Bring NHL, Madden and UFC to PC!