EA Forums - Banner

[BAP ]EA's game can't even get something as straightforward as game scores right (6-2 OTW, 6-3 OTL)

Axel_Owretchsin
296 posts Member
edited November 2017
NHL%20calendar_zpsuapjpwqu.jpg

I like to exit games early when I have no more shifts left and the game is pretty much over with say less than 2 minutes left. I do this so I don't have to spam the X button at the end of games to get passes the stupid experience and game recap screens. The prompt when exiting clearly states that the REMAINING time of the game will be simulated, not reset anything that just transpired and redo the entire score....

But I just looked at the calendar and there have been a crap ton of overtimes and wonky, impossible scores like 6-2 OTW. That is a suspicious number of overtimes, and I KNOW I haven't been in OT that much (not simulating either). I've been at 19 losses for what feels like a really long time, but the game just keeps adding scores to the OTL in my record.

I mean I have enough to worry about with this darn game with the crap AI and bugs galore, that I shouldn't have to worry about SCORES and EA getting the right team record.

This might not be "game breaking," as the game is functioning, but it's darn well close to it if it's getting scores completely wrong.

Replies

• That seems a bit odd, especially since when you win in OT it is SUPPOSED to show up as a W, not an OTW. I've never played that mode so I guess anything is possible with EA...Jeez!!
  • That seems a bit odd, especially since when you win in OT it is SUPPOSED to show up as a W, not an OTW. I've never played that mode so I guess anything is possible with EA...Jeez!!

The oddity here really is how a Team can score 4 simultaneous Goals with only 1 Puck to win 6-2 in SD OT XD .

• Binomical wrote: »
    That seems a bit odd, especially since when you win in OT it is SUPPOSED to show up as a W, not an OTW. I've never played that mode so I guess anything is possible with EA...Jeez!!

The oddity here really is how a Team can score 4 simultaneous Goals with only 1 Puck to win 6-2 in SD OT XD .

Yeah that an obvious thing there that the OP was getting at, but in a real-life game the final score is always shown as a W, L, or OTL, so to see a SOL, SOW, and OTW just looks weird.
  • EA literally makes it up as they go along.