EA Forums - Banner

When will the XBOX ONE X 4K ENHANCED "NHL18" patch come out???

Prev13
when will the XBOX ONE X 4K ENHANCED "NHL18" patch come out???

Replies

• this is funny. How about, lets fix the broken engine first.
  • mikeyflex wrote: »
    this is funny. How about, lets fix the broken engine first.

This added very little to the discussion. Maybe you could elaborate more.
  • Don't be so naive that it becomes completely ridiculous! Seriously, do you REALLY think this garbage game gets any more updates outside of the normal... one lousy bug fixed resulting in dozens of new ones? Do you REALLY think EA has a mission to make the game more enjoyable or more aesthetically pleasing?
    When EA made a long list of the two crappy games that would go 4k, what made you think they just forgot about NHL?
    Besides 'you want it' what would make you think this dev team has competent staff capable of a 4k update?
    If this game were 4k, would it play better for ya?
    Sorry this is sounding salty towards the user, but honest questions man. I want 4k too I guess lol
    No goddammit we don't get a 4k update! They can barely manage to release a rehashed, cut and pasted, minimal effort, unplayable online, pay to win, input lagged, lousy rough rendition of hockey for ten years now. 4k would be quality from EA, why would anyone expect that???

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the PS version of the game been 4K since release? I played that version and it is VERY crispy looking; much more so than what NHL 17 looked like. The comparison between the XB and PS versions of 18's graphics is night and day right now.
  • I just want to run the game at max settings in 2k @ 144 fps...

That would be gorgeous!! I hear DJNeo's game can do 4K60.

Yea but it's a dated engine. I'd love to see someone use unreal or cryengine for a hockey game with natural motion physics engine. Imo those engines look way nicer than frostbite at least in open space outdoor fps games.

Yea but it's a dated engine. I'd love to see someone use unreal or cryengine for a hockey game with natural motion physics engine. Imo those engines look way nicer than frostbite at least in open space outdoor fps games.

Yeah that is the drawback there. It sure would be nice for somebody to go head to head with EA on this one.

Yeah that is the drawback there. It sure would be nice for somebody to go head to head with EA on this one.

Even if they were to make a really solid hockey game with no license and the only mode is 6v6 just like EASHL.

Even if they were to make a really solid hockey game with no license and the only mode is 6v6 just like EASHL.

I always wondered why somebody doesn't do that. Just make the game look and play phenomenal. I don't need team names or player names. City names, matching uniform colors, and matching player numbers to positions with believable ratings would be just fine for me.

Get every aspect of the game tuned just right, and then maybe buy the licenses for names, logos, and faces to make it fully authentic.
  • Does EA read these and reply? After seeing how good Madden looks and plays on Xbox one X, people are very anxious to play NHL in 4k. Of course HDR would look incredible with the lighting in a Hockey arena. All I’m saying is keep us posted EA!
  • RedBull1973JL
    741 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    mbuck45 wrote: »
    Does EA read these and reply? After seeing how good Madden looks and plays on Xbox one X, people are very anxious to play NHL in 4k. Of course HDR would look incredible with the lighting in a Hockey arena. All I’m saying is keep us posted EA!

I'd actually prefer if EA would fix their game first before they decide to make it look all nice and shiny. They've been pouring resources into the visuals for years now, and it hasn't helped the game-play issues one single bit.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • MetalMilitia623
    1464 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Does EA read these and reply? After seeing how good Madden looks and plays on Xbox one X, people are very anxious to play NHL in 4k. Of course HDR would look incredible with the lighting in a Hockey arena. All I’m saying is keep us posted EA!

I'd actually prefer if EA would fix their game first before they decide to make it look all nice and shiny. They've been pouring resources into the visuals for years now, and it hasn't helped the game-play issues one single bit.

The only way they could do that would be to fire some of the art team and hire more people to be on the gameplay team. I'm not sure those who would have to be let go would be happy that they are being fired because the fans want a better game. Granted we do want a better game but I know I wouldn't be happy if I lost my job for something like that. Basically the customers say that their job is unimportant so they shouldn't be on the team. Idk kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I get what you're saying that they should do but my point is they have designated teams set to work on different aspects of the game.
  • Santini3
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2017

The only way they could do that would be to fire some of the art team and hire more people to be on the gameplay team. I'm not sure those who would have to be let go would be happy that they are being fired because the fans want a better game. Granted we do want a better game but I know I wouldn't be happy if I lost my job for something like that. Basically the customers say that their job is unimportant so they shouldn't be on the team. Idk kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I get what you're saying that they should do but my point is they have designated teams set to work on different aspects of the game.

They do have that... but either way you can only allocate a certain amount of resources in any given department at the end of the day. I'm not sure why the thought of firing a person who works on an aspect of the game that should be lower on the list of priorities in order to bring someone in that could work on more pressing issues bothers you...?

That's how companies work. If it produces a better game/product then isn't it the right move?
  • My guess is the next patch won’t address any bugs or glitches but it will probably add hats for your mascots....EA has priorities folks.
  • I highly highly doubt EA releases a 4k patch for NHL18. My question is this... wasn't the game already 4k capable upon release?
  • RedBull1973JL
    741 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Santini3 wrote: »

They do have that... but either way you can only allocate a certain amount of resources in any given department at the end of the day. I'm not sure why the thought of firing a person who works on an aspect of the game that should be lower on the list of priorities in order to bring someone in that could work on more pressing issues bothers you...?

That's how companies work. If it produces a better game/product then isn't it the right move?

I'm not necessarily saying that anybody needs to or should get fired, but when there are so many of the same glaring issues year after year happening but things look real pretty then maybe they need a shift in focus at least. I think the visuals were fine in NHL 15 to be perfectly honest, so maybe they can shift the entire "visual team" or whatever they call themselves over to hammer out the game-play problems. It's not that one team is more important than the other, but I feel like the visual team nailed it first try. Now everybody else needs to step up their game and catch up.

I mean in the end a game needs to maintain its fun factor before anything, doesn't it? If you have a game with the best visuals created, but controls and animations are clunky, solid objects pass through other solid objects, random number generators trump player skill, and the game creators install a pay-to-win model...where is the fun in that really? How much longer is this going to be "the way" in EA's games?

Things needs to change, plain and simple, and I am grinning ear to ear about the whole Battlefront 2 thing right now.
  • MetalMilitia623
    1464 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Santini3 wrote: »

The problem is it might be better to us, which is all that should matter but that's not how ea works.

Plus I wouldn't want to be fired because the customers think my job is less important than anyone else's job. Everyone where I work is on the same team (except one dB) and while we all have our set jobs most of us can move around and do other jobs to help out where needed. This to me would be a better option than removing people. See if they can be reallocated to the other departments to help them because clearly they have little to do as their job is mostly complete.
  • Every other sports game has its patch. Why not NHL?
  • Because NHL is the redheaded stepchild of EA sports. It sells the least, has the lowest budget and is a niche sports game compared to FIFA and Madden. (not even counting NBA Live)