EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

HUT Challenges Rigged?

Prev1
mikeyflex
208 posts Member
edited November 2017
Noticing a pattern when you play HUT Challenges with Pro/All-Star level. Depending on the challenge it appears the game plays to make completing these challenges much harder. For example "Take 20 Shots on Goal" challenge, I find that my guys missed the net much more, hit more post. Same holds true for the "Win 40% of faceoff" challenge, again, AI's seem to win a lot more than usual. The "Score a breakaway goal" challenge, I notice the AI's hang back more so with this challenge, not to mention EA has completely nerfed what a "breakaway" constituents. I've had Doc during commentary declare that I was on a breakaway, and yet the stats don't register as such. Anyone else notice this?
Post edited by mikeyflex on

Replies

• For shots I usually have to make it go to OT after 4 or 5 trys. Agreed though on the missing shots more then usual. I don't even bother with the FO ones as even with the best FO guys in the game it's still close to impossible to win on superstar.
  • For shots I usually have to make it go to OT after 4 or 5 trys. Agreed though on the missing shots more then usual. I don't even bother with the FO ones as even with the best FO guys in the game it's still close to impossible to win on superstar.

Position lock to get face off % done
  • Yeah, I've noticed this. I played a few pro teams in one and the same hut challenge theme and I was simply winning face offs until I played a challenge with still same difficulty with objective to win 5 more face offs than your opponent and magically I couldn't win a single one. Since Nhl 18 I learned to use on-ice trainer for face offs which taught me how to win face offs however I can't win them in these challenges no matter what I do. I think you just have to be insanely lucky or skip it.
  • If the devs intent was to make me so frustrated I stop even trying the challenges then goal accomplished
  • On the one that you need to score two shorthanded goals, I played all but the last 45 seconds shorthanded. I was out shot 33 to 1. At the end I gave up and was just going to play the game out. I scored 3 goals in 25 seconds and won in overtime. Completely rigged.
  • Ya, remember last weeks evo challenge of 2 pp goals. Couldn't draw a penalty for squat. This week's, I think I had two 5 on 3s. Didn't matter though, the a.i. still managed to play keep away with me doing their best to prevent the 20 shots on goal. You guys took away our ability to adjust sliders. Hows about keeping the sliders consistent on your end. I guarantee that evo collectibles will become much easier to obtain once they're done with all the stud players. That should probably start in a couple of weeks. They've been beast this month to insure they secure that movember magic in pack sales from the last couple of years. Love to hate you EA
  • entire game is messed, dont focus on puck during games and watch how much they pull your team out of position. i like how i have close games on allstar but annihilate the cpu on superstar.
  • I also find the higher you get each level from Pro up my players get stupider and slower.
    I could manage if my teams skill didn't decrease as the skill level increases.
    I have found no consistency and way too many times the AI intentionally screwing my chance at objectives.(both mine and opposition )
  • I was waiting for a post like this... and I almost feel like going back to last year and finding my post but I am too lazy so I will just reiterate what I said...

I was shocked when they added Offline Solo Challenges with rewards to HuT... why? Because I knew it would be a matter of time before people would start complaining that "EA is making them miss the net on purpose," or "EA knows I needed that last win to get that awesome pack"...

these challenges are hard, and usually take more than 1 attempt for the SuperStar 3 star challenges.. EA is not making you lose. Enough.
  • Ok then explain this one. The 20 shots on goal challenge. Took the game to O/T. Spent the whole game wiffing shots to the chest of the goalie. On my 19th shot... Bam!! right to the chest and then up and over. You only have to play to notice that the game sliders are constantly changing to work against you. Impossible? No, but frustrating as all heck
  • Maybe it is because the more you're trying in a videogame the harder it gets...?
  • All I'm saying is that they have the ability to have game sliders change up through the game and seems pretty obvious when playing
  • IAmTheNizz
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    You are doing it all wrong.

For shots on goal challenges, don't try to snipe a corner. Just flick up the analog and make sure it hits the goalie. Or aim for rebounds and make sure you are on your forehand. I usually just go for the goalie cover up for a faceoff. Then I tie up and shoot at the goalie and repeat.

Win 40% faceoff challenges.. screw overalls. Go find 4 really good faceoff guys to buy if you don't have many. Some cheap ones are Ryan O'Reilly, Jordan Staal, and Martin Hanzal. Position lock a winger and just skate towards the faceoff circle every faceoff in case someone gets tied up. Easy.

Breakaway.. you have to be clearly in front as you skate past the blue line. What I do is enter the offensive zone, but do a saucer pass backwards towards my own side. I position lock RW personally. I skate towards my defensive blue line and as the AI is about to pick it up, I skate back up ice. Other team follows your play skating towards your own end, so they are going the opposite way and I call for it.
    Post edited by IAmTheNizz on
  • ^^^ exactly
  • All it takes is practice. I've mastered it all. Breakaway is most inconsistent. I know how to get the breakaway.. but a matter of how far the AI of the opposing team follows you into your own zone. As they follow you, they are skating towards your zone. As you turn back up towards their end, they are still gliding towards your end. I use high speed players like Bure, St. Louis and if my AI passes it up the boards properly as I call for it and keep hitting the analog in to hustle.. I'm long gone for a breakaway. Fake shot, backhand, forehand, done.
  • Finch1965
    256 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    For shots I usually have to make it go to OT after 4 or 5 trys. Agreed though on the missing shots more then usual. I don't even bother with the FO ones as even with the best FO guys in the game it's still close to impossible to win on superstar.

This is usually not working anymore for me. It was a good solution in the first weeks but not anymore at least with my centers.

I will not complain cause at the end I have some additonal fun with the challeneges and the chance to get something for nothing. I can even earn a lot of coins without using contracts. Despite the fun I would say challenges become more difficult these days. Position lock for face-offs is not helping on allstar or superstar anymore, the games on pro are quite harder (sometimes the goalies show a similar performance like the allstar goalies etc.). Howver, this is just an observation from my side. I still enjoy most of the challenges and still think it`s kinf of refreshing.
  • Finch1965 wrote: »
    For shots I usually have to make it go to OT after 4 or 5 trys. Agreed though on the missing shots more then usual. I don't even bother with the FO ones as even with the best FO guys in the game it's still close to impossible to win on superstar.

This is usually not working anymore for me. It was a good solution in the first weeks but not anymore at least with my centers.

I will not complain cause at the end I have some additonal fun with the challeneges and the chance to get something for nothing. I can even earn a lot of coins without using contracts. Despite the fun I would say challenges become more difficult these days. Position lock for face-offs is not helping on allstar or superstar anymore, the games on pro are quite harder (sometimes the goalies show a similar performance like the allstar goalies etc.). Howver, this is just an observation from my side. I still enjoy most of the challenges and still think it`s kinf of refreshing.

Are the faceoff attributes good on your centers?
  • I position lock with the faceoff percentage challenges.. And my 4 centers and their faceoff ratings are..

LGD Messier - 94
    LGD Sittler - 89
    LGD Koivu - 85
    Crosby - 85

Those 4 get the job done.
  • IAmTheNizz wrote: »
    Finch1965 wrote: »

Are the faceoff attributes good on your centers?

EVO Bergeron, EVO Crosby, and till last a few days ago 88 FO Toews and FB Zetterberg. So they are all in the 84+ range. As I said, it worked very well 4-6 weeks ago and it was one of the easiest challenges with postion lock. However, over the last 3-4 weeks I never won enough face-offs or have a sufficient percentage with position lock any more (on allstar and superstar).
  • Weird.. just the luck of the draw I guess.. I'm so funny with my puns. I never have many issues with faceoff challenges.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!