EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Strategies For NHL 18

Hey guys I am looking to switch stuff up a bit with the strategies... been playing collapsing-normal or tight point-high pressure for the d to d one T guys... looking to switch stuff up a bit... finding lots of guys are getting away with breakout passed up the middle as well that my players are just simply missing...tips?

Replies

• Best piece of advice is adjust your strategies to your opponent... I usually NEVER end the game with the exact same strategies I had at the beginning of the game.. although I do have a preset I start with every time... also figure out what works best with YOUR play style.. then adjust according to your opponent
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Best piece of advice is adjust your strategies to your opponent... I usually NEVER end the game with the exact same strategies I had at the beginning of the game.. although I do have a preset I start with every time... also figure out what works best with YOUR play style.. then adjust according to your opponent

So basically do the exact same thing I am doing unfortunately :(

This has been a rough year for me in hut... last year I was top thousand, year before like 500-600 and now im struggling around 2000... but overall the gameplay has been slower and connections suck this year

• How do you get team to pressure puck relentlessly. I am getting frustrated by not get puck out cause no time plus eery opponent is a full legend team. Hut sucks for the common player.
  • Biggest difference I notice this year is that the players actually play the strategy. 1-2-2 aggressive play will make your forwards chase the puck in the offensive zone. Same with the defense. I get really frustrated and annoyed lol but I'm trying to learn how to deal with it. Play 1-4 D (you can switch it up at the start) and try and play smart (if you're in the lead switch to 1-2-2 passive).

Other than that switch the strategies line by line. Always have a line that stays back (doesn't pinch) for some reason the D likes to be caught up ice.

Figure out your playstyle and adjust the strategies line by line, team by team, player by player and you will get results.
  • The gameplay is much slower this year, a lot of people do not like it... I actually love the gameplay this year (when online connection is good)
  • my biggest issue is how players are making bad passes coming out of the zone that my players continuously miss or fumble...you should pay for a bad pass up the middle...no?