EA Forums - Banner

Glitch where pass target completely ignores input from the L control stick

Prev1
I will record and post the moment that I get a good example of this, but can anybody address or at least acknowledge that they see this too?

I’m throwing a Hail Mary pass up ice, and I hit R2 to pass and switch to that player, and even though it does switch me to the target, the target will COMPLETELY ignore my input and skate away from the pass.

Replies

• This problem popped up with the current gen games. It's overriding inputs and letting your player run the AI route that's predetermined. It's really dumb but nothing we can do about it until EA fixes this, if they even will.
  • j5bogdas wrote: »
    I will record and post the moment that I get a good example of this, but can anybody address or at least acknowledge that they see this too?

I’m throwing a Hail Mary pass up ice, and I hit R2 to pass and switch to that player, and even though it does switch me to the target, the target will COMPLETELY ignore my input and skate away from the pass.

Just recently lost what was a great online game because of that. My opponent was in a line change so I passed the puck with my goalie to a breaking D man but the puck just passed through my D man and even though I controlled him he wouldn’t turn around or acknowledge the puck. His guy that just jumped on the ice picked up the pass and came in on a breakaway and scored with a minute left. I lost 2-1.
  • It’s sad that they don’t even acknowledge these problems or seem to remotely care about fixing them and improving the game. I don’t get angry much, but there are times that I want to throw my controller because periodically, (and often right before the CPU scores on me), my controller inputs are flat out ignored by the machine.

I’m not just dreaming this up, either. The replay within the game confirms it.
  • Before they allowed us to turn off the pass aim assist online I'd use a wrist shot because it would aim like a pass if you are in your zone. Very effective for hail mary plays.

Obviously it's not ideal but you gotta use whatever ea gives you and keep telling them that you shouldn't have to find a substitute for the correct tools.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    j5bogdas wrote: »

Do you kids have any understanding of how this game works?

Those types of passes should never have much accuracy, unless from a player with high attributes in the areas contributing to success of said pass.

You'll likely respond that your positioning was "perfect" and the player you had at the time "has made that pass a billion times in real life" and you'll likely arrive at your own conclusion (or wait for the circle jerk here to come to it for you..) that the game is at fault, you and all of your friends are perfectly skilled and never make mistakes. Dev team = get fired. Hire this man.
  • j5bogdas wrote: »

Do you kids have any understanding of how this game works?

Those types of passes should never have much accuracy, unless from a player with high attributes in the areas contributing to success of said pass.

You'll likely respond that your positioning was "perfect" and the player you had at the time "has made that pass a billion times in real life" and you'll likely arrive at your own conclusion (or wait for the circle jerk here to come to it for you..) that the game is at fault, you and all of your friends are perfectly skilled and never make mistakes. Dev team = get fired. Hire this man.

Did you even read his post? He didn't complain at all about the accuracy of the pass. He said that after the pass had left his stick and the game had switched players to the intended target, it wasn't letting him move the direction he wanted to. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything you're talking about, but I guess you're just having a bad day or something.

To OP, yes the game definitely does occasionally leave the intended target of the pass in an animation that you can't break out of. Sometimes it results in picking up passes you had no chance at, and sometimes you end up missing passes that you could have gotten into position for, and other times you expect the delayed input and start pressing the direction you want to go after receiving the pass, but you end up skating away from the pass because you got immediate control of the player.
  • There are so many instances where your skater is in a "possessed" state where they will take an EA-determined path on the ice and you almost have to wait until they "reach their destination" before EA will let you switch to control them. Another thing to note is that when they are in this "possessed" state they don't really react to what's actually happening on the ice or where the puck is going. Your controller is useless here.
  • Did you even read his post? He didn't complain at all about the accuracy of the pass.

Yea I misread it.

my bad.
  • Did you even read his post? He didn't complain at all about the accuracy of the pass.

Yea I misread it.

my bad.

Dude, thanks for owning that. Nobody admits to making simple mistakes anymore. (Much like the creators of this broken, garbage game.)

Seriously, props.
  • Also, how about the fact that the opposing power play is in position to block or catch your dumps out of your zone 95% of the time?
  • Once you put the game on all-star from pro, the way the game ignores your controls intensifies by 10x. I feel like that’s literally all they do to make the game harder - ignore your control inputs more.
  • "Possessed state" = "Seamless puck pickup"
    This is most often the case when you lose control of your player.
    Most hilarious example is when a player receiving a long pass and goes offside by 18 feet.
    Even worse, the cpu to cpu plays sometimes end up the same, waaaaay offside.

Just remove the "seamless crap" from the game entirely!
    If your intended target turn to much to get the puck, so be it. He could adjust enough to receive it, or he could avoid an offside. But he would be in control of his player, and THAT, dear EA is what we all want.
    Even if it makes us miss a few more passes.

Focus on input delay instead of trying to fix "seamless puck pickups". As it is, if you turn quickly as you release the pass button, the puck may end up in any direction.
    Inputdelay+lag=unplayable game.

Maybe make the "cone" of possible passing angles lesser. So if I pass strait to the left, there is no chance of the puck going strait up or down, even after you add error on the pass. Lets say 10-15% error on both side of the strait, (and intended), line.

This would make a "bad" pass within adjustable skating space for a quick receiver. It would also reduce the need of lessen the pass assist, to make a simple pass behind the net to your defense partner. As it is at 100%, you often hit a enemy player in the middle of the slot for a freebie goal.

Furthermore, it would make a short pass simpler and a long pass harder, which is "in the game"!

Fix the loopback crashes, its happens more often if people fight btw.
    Fix the non-one timer shots, the non-snapshot's, the non-hits.
    Improve server stability. Last night our goaltender crashed out of the game, with 40 seconds to go to lose his shutout. Our RW also crashed once on loading screen.
    Sometimes we, or the opposition, lose a guy before the "select player-class".
    Sometimes a player cant pick the puck up even after skating over the puck 4 times.
    Yesterday a player slashed my stick in half, so I returned to the bench for a new one. Skated through that out-stretched stick five times at low speed before a got a new stick in hand.

Passes still go strait in to the net to often.
    Overall goalies have so much problems with slow moving pucks that they look like peewee tenders.
    Goalies get stuck so often.
    Goalies don't get off the post hug in a natural timeframe.
    Goaltenders should be able to deflect more shots in to corners.

Game feels scripted in the way a loose puck go towards goal or strait to the tape of the next offensive player. Like when you successfully block a shot, the % of that bouncing off a defender strait to the tape of a offensive guy is insanely high. At the same time as the goalie is busy with a save animation, that he cant break out of. Simple goal.

At the same time, if you get a two on o, and you do the double pass, and end up with an open net, you press shoot, shoot, and shoot - Nothing! ...and Shoot, there come the shot, but now your behind the net.
    And by now, you trying to pass to your line mate instead of shooting, but you will put the puck at the backside of the goal and probably lose the puck.

This was seldom the case in 15-16-17, so what changed? Do you want us not to press shoot before the puck arrive, and punish us for a period of time with no inputs? Let us shoot the puck, when we want!

Fix it so what we can reconnect to a game, we lost connection to.

Remove momentum from EASHL, let our own minds doing the mood swings and confidence rollercoaster, we don't need the game to make us gods a period, and then be utterly useless the next.

Also, it feels like you can get a Bad goalie, a decent goalie, or a awesome goalie. As CPU goalies ofc.
    Make them all the same for EASHL, every game.

Make goalies learn during a game and improve on recurring events like, wraparound attempts, "Glitch goal #1", rebound goals or whatever.

Refs should also be consistent, as having the same level on all plays, in all games.

Work on matchmaking please!

And finally:
    I want same language all year, I don't want to choose every time I start the game.
    I don't want to see that demo as I start the game ever again, ever, seriously.
    FURY-69-.png
  • So...is this a feature, not a bug?
  • E. A. Sports. It's in the game.
  • Happens all the time....
  • I may be wrong, but I feel that turning down pass assistance helps to avoid this. I use 65 and the amount of zombies in my team seem to have dropped down a lot.
  • Kuus2 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I feel that turning down pass assistance helps to avoid this. I use 65 and the amount of zombies in my team seem to have dropped down a lot.

Mine is around there too, I toggle between 60 and 70 and I don't notice a difference on the zombie patterns.
  • Kuus2 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I feel that turning down pass assistance helps to avoid this. I use 65 and the amount of zombies in my team seem to have dropped down a lot.

I have pass assist at 50.
  • Just played a game where I was up 3-0 until 5 minutes left in the third, and they score three shots in a row (their 8th, 9th, and 10th shots of the game) to tie it on some of the most garbage cheating plays I’ve ever seen. One of their passes to set up the goal, I had perfectly covered, and when I poke checked to block the pass, on replay, the puck WENT THROUGH MY DEFENDERS STICK.

Not under. Not over. THROUGH.

When will EA address these cheater glitch goals that come out of absolutely nowhere and that no player can stop???

I’m guessing never.
  • Bump for exactly the same problem, two years later. EA - when will you acknowledge this problem?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.