EA Forums - Banner

10 weeks

Prev1
Gschlez
106 posts Member
edited November 2017
Since the last major patch. Looping is still in the game and EA hasn't done jack ****. Good job EA you are refined moneygrab and have really earned that title of worst video game company in North America

Replies

• Don't worry. All of those packs that people keep buying will guarantee that nothing gets fixed for next year's game either.
  • Gschlez wrote: »
    Since the last major patch. Looping is still in the game and EA hasn't done jack ****. Good job EA you are refined moneygrab and have really earned that title of worst video game company in North America

You do know how troubleshooting works right? It's one thing to find the cause, it's another to find the solution. And then it has to be coded and applied to the game. And then it has to be tested. And then it has to go through cert with both Sony and Microsoft.

All that doesn't just happen at your beck and call. Oh, and we haven't even gotten into the fun part yet where if EA has even DECIDED if it's in their budget to allocate resources so the devs can give us another patch.

So my advice is buckle up, sit tight and hope mommy and daddy come back from the store with a hungry-man's supply of patience for you. ;)
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Gschlez wrote: »

You do know how troubleshooting works right? It's one thing to find the cause, it's another to find the solution. And then it has to be coded and applied to the game. And then it has to be tested. And then it has to go through cert with both Sony and Microsoft.

All that doesn't just happen at your beck and call. Oh, and we haven't even gotten into the fun part yet where if EA has even DECIDED if it's in their budget to allocate resources so the devs can give us another patch.

So my advice is buckle up, sit tight and hope mommy and daddy come back from the store with a hungry-man's supply of patience for you. ;)

See me being a pc player this kind of thing is just purely unacceptable. I understand identifying the problem and solution, but all the extra waiting and "possibility of no resources to release another patch" inexcusable. I've seen games release an update in the morning that broke the game and by midday they had another to fix it.

Maybe I've been spoiled, maybe I just got tired of the **** waiting for this and that on consoles. Idk.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

See me being a pc player this kind of thing is just purely unacceptable. I understand identifying the problem and solution, but all the extra waiting and "possibility of no resources to release another patch" inexcusable. I've seen games release an update in the morning that broke the game and by midday they had another to fix it.

Maybe I've been spoiled, maybe I just got tired of the **** waiting for this and that on consoles. Idk.

If this was a PC game patches would probably me more frequent. They are very expensive to release on consoles. That's not the case with the PC platform.

This has nothing to do with "Consoles vs. PC" and more to do with how game companies have to deal with any issues to their game.

The one thing that's usually easier on the PC side of things is that patches don't have to go through a certification process with the hardware manufacturers. That said, I've seen some PC games mess up on patches and fixes. Not every game developer is 100% on point and that doesn't change whether the game is on consoles or PC.

This has nothing to do with "Consoles vs. PC" and more to do with how game companies have to deal with any issues to their game.

The one thing that's usually easier on the PC side of things is that patches don't have to go through a certification process with the hardware manufacturers. That said, I've seen some PC games mess up on patches and fixes. Not every game developer is 100% on point and that doesn't change whether the game is on consoles or PC.

I absolutely agree, it's a big reason why (despite having 500 games) I pick and choose what devs and publishers I'm willing to buy from. I look into their track record with previous titles and try to learn what kind of dev they are. Will they frustrate me with a lack of content and updates or will they do awesome work.

I think the only aaa games I have bought recently are gta 5 and civ 6. Both are published by take two, who in the sports realm isn't that far ahead of ea but their other titles to me are worlds better than what ea is doing.

Moral of the story go after devs doing awesome work even if it means no virtual hockey for you. If you really enjoy this game then keep buying it but it's clear many of you don't really enjoy it and it's basically like work for you to play it.

He's like those vegans that have the urge to tell everyone they're vegan ;-)

I was reading that the new Xbox X made it significantly more easy for developers to fix and patch games on this new toy. I dont know at what point but that guy seemed really exited about it..
    He said it was a high end PC but smaller and cheaper. :-P
  • and not high end... ;)
  • Gschlez wrote: »

Honest question: When and How does this looping occur? I think I've only had a single game loop in NHL 18 and I have over 400 GP in EASHL 3v3. I know a lot of people are complaining about it, I don't know why some are affected as bad as it sounds.
  • Even if it takes time and resources to fix or even if they decide not to fix. Ea has to step up visibility with their community. For some reason they still decide to develop the game dark. No communication on what they are working on. Letting us know what is being worked on would help appease us customers. You don't need to give timelines but keep the consumer posted.

My company switched to this mentality 2 years ago and customer feedback has been really good. Even in the cases we can't fix something this quarter or even if we tell them its back logged. I think just knowing your feedback and concerns are being heard helps.
  • rcompton78 wrote: »
    Even if it takes time and resources to fix or even if they decide not to fix. Ea has to step up visibility with their community. For some reason they still decide to develop the game dark. No communication on what they are working on. Letting us know what is being worked on would help appease us customers. You don't need to give timelines but keep the consumer posted.

My company switched to this mentality 2 years ago and customer feedback has been really good. Even in the cases we can't fix something this quarter or even if we tell them its back logged. I think just knowing your feedback and concerns are being heard helps.

Ya EA'S new take on the forums are The Board of Directors have to give approval before than can discuss on fixes for anything.... NBA 2K already has 6 patches out madden has a ton too...
    Even if it takes time and resources to fix or even if they decide not to fix. Ea has to step up visibility with their community. For some reason they still decide to develop the game dark. No communication on what they are working on. Letting us know what is being worked on would help appease us customers. You don't need to give timelines but keep the consumer posted.

Ya EA'S new take on the forums are The Board of Directors have to give approval before than can discuss on fixes for anything.... NBA 2K already has 6 patches out madden has a ton too...

my team ditched hockey this year for a couple reasons and got 2k.

large learning curve but ya know what?

it's.... FUN TO PLAY!

imagine that.

my team ditched hockey this year for a couple reasons and got 2k.

large learning curve but ya know what?

it's.... FUN TO PLAY!

imagine that.

Yea I really suck at the whole timing thing for taking shots in nba 2k17 really tough to get used to coming from no real timing when taking normal shots in nhl.
  • It comes with practice. It's easier if you just play My Player since you only have to deal with ONE player's shot timing. Try playing Franchise or any TEAM play mode where you have to learn the shot timing of 10 different guys per game.

Again, it's difficult, but with practice it will become 2nd nature.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

If this was a PC game patches would probably me more frequent. They are very expensive to release on consoles. That's not the case with the PC platform.

Far as I know Sony and Microsoft don't charge anything anymore for patches and updates since the new gen console. Was however expensive on previous gen.
  • EA_Lanna
    178 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    Removed comments that derailed thread into a PC master race debate. Please aim to keep the discussion on topic.

Far as I know Sony and Microsoft don't charge anything anymore for patches and updates since the new gen console. Was however expensive on previous gen.

They don't the patching costs and time since last gen are greatly reduced. This is EA sporting.

They don't the patching costs and time since last gen are greatly reduced. This is EA sporting.
    Psyonix I'm pretty sure pushes the pc patch and then a day later the consoles are patched. So yea idk what the deal is with this game. No excuses imo.
  • Gschlez
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Like how does EA completely ignore the whole community when everyone wants to same things and when everyone **** about the same things. Like get a clue seriously, even the people who are suppose to be plugging your game (gamechangers and youtubers) say your game sucks, maybe you should be something about that.....

We are not the minority anymore, the majority are complaining and the ones who aren't complainning have given up hope years ago and then EA hires someones like Lanna to be the community manager which is basically a PR position because they never listen to what people say even when it's said hundred of thousands of times.